38 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2013 6:34 AM by SitRepPro RSS

Buff the LMG,s

Desslok

If A sniper can perform lightning fast up close and kill with 1 shot then its only fair that the other long range class the LMG should be able to swing into action as fast as a sniper in close instead of being slow and unwieldy as it is. This needs to be done in the name of balance!.

• Re: Buff the LMG,s
          deamonomic

An LMG can kill at range problem solved.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

We should just have one gun in the game called the SuperGun which snipies, LMGs, SMGs and ARs.  All you have to do is push a button to swap between them (like how you switch from burst to auto.)

Problem is, half of the people will complain that the swap speed needs to be nerfed, and the other half buffed. 

Uh NO.  It is slow for a reason.  They have huge clips, are accurate, and powerful.  Im pretty new to the forums but so far have mostly only seen complaints about them being OP.  I think they are fine how they are, even though they can be annoying I do see the value of using them in the right context and if played right can be a great part of a team on some obj and maps.  But make faster... the dev's would probably get stoned, or drown in the vast majority of the communities tears.

deamonomic

SrgntMerkWorthy wrote:

Uh NO.  It is slow for a reason.  They have huge clips, are accurate, and powerful.  Im pretty new to the forums but so far have mostly only seen complaints about them being OP.  I think they are fine how they are, even though they can be annoying I do see the value of using them in the right context and if played right can be a great part of a team on some obj and maps.  But make faster... the dev's would probably get stoned, or drown in the vast majority of the communities tears.

welcome to the forums just as a heads up, 90% of all the threads here will be complaining about something. Its not that the game really is bad, thats just how most game forums are.

Thank you.  Yea I have gotten that impression pretty quick.  I have picked up some great stuff so far though.  Mostly technical or statistical help, which if doesn't improve my game play at least helps me understand some things.  I enjoy the game.  Sure there are a few things that get me going, but in the end if you play often enough you are bound to run into some crap things, or in my case just things I have a harder time overcoming with my particular playstyle.  95% of the time I have a good time, and the remaining 5% I am either learning something( getting destroyed by better players) or victimizing myself and letting things out of my control ruin my experience.  Such is life right

deamonomic

I hope you stick around on these forums we could use more members like, you

reluctent

Yeah, your gonna get a lot of complaints about how unfair certain things are, i usually just think it's a little kid confused about the game but don't waste your time answering to complaints, it doesn't achieve anything in my eyes. But welcome to the forum anyway.

r8edtripx

I think you'll find that forum members in general are great when it comes to giving advice on their particular fighting style and their setups or even technical issues.

HOWEVER...

I'm not going to lie, there is definitely and abundance of douches in these forums. Some are trolling, others are just plain stubborn or ignorant and aren't open to the possibility that they're wrong. Don't take these trolls/others too seriously and you'll find these forums are pretty cool.

Oh, and if you didn't know already... Campers suck!! - haha! That's how you invite people to start talking smack around here. LOL!

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Every thread by the OP revolves around his hate for snipers. This is getting old.

randomness550

If you make the LMGS OHK like the snipers, then you have to make the DSR fully automatic. Only way to be balanced.

I dont hate, I rate: Sniper=1, LMG's=1.5, the rest better....

deamonomic

Desslok wrote:

If A sniper can perform lightning fast up close and kill with 1 shot then its only fair that the other long range class the LMG should be able to swing into action as fast as a sniper in close instead of being slow and unwieldy as it is. This needs to be done in the name of balance!.

yea heres the thing, its not lightning fast. The time to kill even with that one bullet that you guys are so obsessed with, is the same. Unless he no scoped you. thats the only way he would have a faster time to kill.

Why do you keep ruining the game for yourself?

Nah, just make every weapon kill in one shot when at cqc ranges, problem solved.

dustycrow

a gun is only as good as the person using it. on my lmg i use a quick draw and zoom with a foregrip for accuricy at longer range. works wonders for me. try diff attachments to boost up a weapon. myself im kinda upset snipers got nerfed >.< i suck at sniping im about average on quick scoping and they just made it harder on me XD but i still manage.

Desslok

LOL dude I am kicking arse with my LMG the first one I think its called the M48 I think my KD with it is about 1.75 for the 300 or so kills I have with it. This thread wasn't meant to be serious but a light hearted jab at the nerf the LMG threads. There were 2 of them when I posted this thread. Of course being me I could not waste an opportunity to take a swing at quick scopers lol.  I'm happy to see the developers saying its removed from Ghost.

I'm using Target finder laser sight and quick draw handle along with flak jacket and scavenger.

deamonomic

Desslok wrote:

LOL dude I am kicking arse with my LMG the first one I think its called the M48 I think my KD with it is about 1.75 for the 300 or so kills I have with it. This thread wasn't meant to be serious but a light hearted jab at the nerf the LMG threads. There were 2 of them when I posted this thread. Of course being me I could not waste an opportunity to take a swing at quick scopers lol.  I'm happy to see the developers saying its removed from Ghost.

I'm using Target finder laser sight and quick draw handle along with flak jacket and scavenger.

where did they ever say it was removed? have they released new info stating it is indeed gone? or are we still assuming that when he said "it wont be like it is now" that he meant its gone?

Desslok

Im sure you seen it too but hey hang on to hope all you want. No skin off my nose.

deamonomic

Desslok wrote:

Im sure you seen it too but hey hang on to hope all you want. No skin off my nose.

that doesnt answer my question? Have they stated that it has indeed been removed or is it that old comment where he says its not the same? I find it funny that every time a game releases the community jumps to all kinds of conclusions and then come here to claim how dissapointed they are when its not true. Whats more likely? that IW, the guys who have made QS easier to do in all their games, have given it attachments and all that to help it, that they have removed it completely or that they have just altered it and that he says its not going to be like it was before because of the fact that they have the dual rendering now?

Desslok

Yeah its what you refer to as that old comment which wasn't that long back. See I knew you knew.

deamonomic

Desslok wrote:

Yeah its what you refer to as that old comment which wasn't that long back. See I knew you knew.

I never said I hadnt heard that. I was asking you if you had heard something new. You could have saved some time and effort by simply saying "no"

I haven't heard that from the Ghosts team, but from players that seen the gameplay vid and they didn't QS, i didn't pre-order ghost cause i fell we'll be f-ed soon, QS gonna be in ghost i bet, and i don't wanna be part of that bs

deamonomic

ZombiesFan1 wrote:

I haven't heard that from the Ghosts team, but from players that seen the gameplay vid and they didn't QS, i didn't pre-order ghost cause i fell we'll be f-ed soon, QS gonna be in ghost i bet, and i don't wanna be part of that bs

and exactly how is it BS? It actually does sadden me that so many people cant just accept QS as apart of the game. I mean its not easy to do, it takes practice. Everyone who Quickscopes will tell you it takes practice to be good at it. Unlike what alot of people who dont like QS believe they do not abuse any game mechanics. In any given encounter You still have the advantage over the player with the sniper. Alot of the people who dislike it will bring up the one hit kill, but the thing is, unless that player is no scoping (which if they are they deserve props), the time it will take them to kill you is the same amount of time if not longer then it will take you to kill them.

A Quickscoper does not have the benefit of mobility like a SMG user does. They cant fire from the hip while drop shotting you or strafing to the side. They have one chance to hit you, if they miss you will have the chance to kill them twice over before they can get another shot off. The SMG player can halo jump, drop shot, strafe to throw off the snipers one chance at winning.

Contrary to popular beliefe all Aim assist in this game does is help you stay on target once already on it. In reality Quick scopers do not do that well because it is not as easy as most think it is. and according to some the portion of the community that does use it is a very tiny piece of the bigger whole sitting at a tiny 1%. If this is enough to keep you from playing then I am sorry that you are missing out.

Well, it is the same speech everyone had forever... QS just makes no sense, they don't even aim the sight and get instant kill with almost 100% accuracy, this is the BS i'm talking about. I had nothing against QS if they actually looked thru the sight for a sec, but that's not the case, they should just make no scope a 100% accuracy, it would be the same. I never said QS was cheatin', but it is BS 1% of community? And i see a QS in every match i play? Well, that's BS

I prolly should had said i wouldn't play Ghost cause there is no zombies, forgot that part I started Bo2 with zombies, i played very little of MP but there is way too many WTF moments on MP for me anyway... QS is one of those. I got master prestige on MP, and really enjoy Origins, not sure i'll go back to MP exept if some of my friends are on, if not i'll stay on Zombies. Now about Ghosts, i seen the MP Vid, and to me, it seemed they run slow. Some people told me it's like MW, haven't played any of those, but unless you gimme some decent running like Bo2, i don't wanna be part of this I just hope everyone enjoys Ghosts, with or without me it dosen't matter to anyone anyway lol. Well see what kind of review i see a month after it's release and we'll see what i do...

deamonomic

just about everyone who Quickscopes does look through their sight, But because kill cams are inaccurate they tend to not show that at all. They are not 100% accurate as many will tell you.  9/10 (yea its not an actual statistic) The player Quickscoping did look through the scope before firing.

Quick scoping has a bad reputation most because of Kill cams and theater. Whenever someone dies from a sniper in close quarters their first instinct is to watch the Kill cam. Unfortunatly, Kill cams and Theater mode are not accurate as to what happened, It does not always accurately show what the other players screen looked like, even if they were the host it can be off alot of the time. So when someone drops dead and they watch the kill cam they see the sniper not even going into their scope but stopping at the black part. But in reality, on that other players screen He did see you in his scope before firing. And when you get the final kill cam showing the slow down, alot of players noticed that the quick scoper wasnt even on target.

I used to do that myself. I used to believe the kill cams. I used to believe that QS was broken. I was wrong. There are other things wrong with the kill cams, For example: in almost every kill cam, the player firing their weapon will seem to fire Double the amount that they really are, you see twice the number of shell casings ejected from the gun, you see the gun kick back twice as much, you see twice the amount of flashes and you even hear extra shots being fired off, thats why the weapons sound so strange while listening to them in Kill cams.

there a bunch of other stuff in this game that just makes it seem worse for them then it really is. Some have said This topic helped them understand the game better. Give it a read it might help you enjoy the game more.

Black Ops 2 and The Illusion of Lag (rewritten again and new video 5/30/13)

You realize 1% is 1 out of a hundred. There is at least 1 qs'er in every lobby. Usually there are sever. I would say more like 20% of players. If you play free for all there will probably be five or six of a possible eight. But on the topic I agree they should buff Lmg's. maybe increase their ammo capacity to 500  or so. And they should be able to run faster to like an smg player and scope in faster like a sniper with a ballista. That way everyone will either be a sniper or a gunner. Variety is bad.

reluctent

Removing quickscoping is kinda impossible, or else you won't be able to aim and shoot at the same time. They never confirmed this so where you got this from I don't know but it sounds too much like a fake comment made by a Mr knowitall

off youtube.

phxs72

All they've done to QSing for Ghosts is alter the scoped in view so that if you have your target lined up dead center before scoping, when you scope in your sights might not be directly on the target.  So you will have a small aiming adjustment to make.  So basically all of the guys with a little dot on their screen for no scoping will be out of luck but everyone else that can drag scope will do just fine.  Personally I think that this is the best adjustment so far to giving the snipers a proper balance.  It doesn't eliminate their viability within the game but it also doesn't allow them to be as effective as shot guns at close range.  They will still be monster weapons mid and long range with some close range functionality.  Although we might find at close range that it's just better to pull out your secondary.  We'll just have to see how it plays.

It would be easy for them to remove quick scoping. Lets see they could slow down ads time like to say 1 full second ads time. Maybe make the scope zoom more powerful to say like if you are on the blast shield on the carrier and someone is on the very far back of the ship when you are scoped in the players body fills up the scope which would mean if you were half that distance you would have them zoom in so much you read the clan tag on their gun. Get even closer and when you ads a player their head would fill up the scope. there for if you are at  close range and ads and are slightly off with your scope you will have a hard time determining which way to move to find your target.  Also this would enhance the sway tremendously. But slower ads would remove quickscoping

deamonomic

nflfenatic wrote:

It would be easy for them to remove quick scoping. Lets see they could slow down ads time like to say 1 full second ads time. Maybe make the scope zoom more powerful to say like if you are on the blast shield on the carrier and someone is on the very far back of the ship when you are scoped in the players body fills up the scope which would mean if you were half that distance you would have them zoom in so much you read the clan tag on their gun. Get even closer and when you ads a player their head would fill up the scope. there for if you are at  close range and ads and are slightly off with your scope you will have a hard time determining which way to move to find your target.  Also this would enhance the sway tremendously. But slower ads would remove quickscoping

1 full second.... you have no clue how CoD works do you? Most gunfights are over in that 1 full second. Gunfights that last longer then 1 second are because people are missing.... alot.

and Why should snipers be screwed in close quarters? The other weapon classes still have the advantage and if you cant use the advantage they give you, thats because of you not snipers being overpowered.

You can still strafe side to side, halo jump, drop shot, and hip fire. A sniper has to stop and ADS. And because your moving their chances to miss go up, and if they miss you can safely kill them twice over before they have the chance to fire off another shot.

In every video game out there, a sniper is just as deadly upclose as it is at a distance. Those that cant handle a sniper upclose need to up their game and start taking advantage of the capabilities of the other weapon classes.

You are correct, I was simply stating that a one second ads time would stop quickscoping and it would not be impossible for them to do that. And snipers should be screwed in close quarters combat. They can carry a backup in which case they can also do all them maneuvers just like everyone else.

deamonomic

nflfenatic wrote:

You are correct, I was simply stating that a one second ads time would stop quickscoping and it would not be impossible for them to do that.

what he meant was realistically they cant, not that they actually cannot. hell they could remove snipers all together.

QwertyBoredom

OK back to the discussion at hand, I personally think LMG's could do with a "Buff" in the form of a slight of hand Perk/Attachment seriously 10 second reloads are just too long for these shoe-box maps, at the very least buff Ex mags from the 135 rounds to 200 rounds so they are actually worth using a point on.

Brutalkillshots

Lol I really hope the OP is trolling ? LMGs need a buff ? Yeah why not ? and buff the pistols as well and the poor mans Aimbot (Target finder) should be able to see through walks as well ! (Which it does sometimes ! ) come on Treyarch sort it out !

SitRepPro

Aim assist is the poor man's aimbot for which ARs get much more of than LMGs.

Brutalkillshots

Yeah I surpose that's true well except for snipers that have no hip fire aim assist . But aim assist or more correctly sticky aim is needed for consoles/control pads because of the hardware .

SitRepPro

I'm sure COD has the strongest sticky aim out of all the shooters I've played but I wouldn't know how to measure it beyond the aim assist ranges.  So even if it is really needed, then surely its strength could be looked into.  I'm not entirely sure as to why it is needed, so long as 360 users aren't playing against PC users like in Shadowrun.  If they toned down aim assist it might make longer ranged weapons viable.  I use the SCAR in BO2 because there's no need to use the LMGs except in very specialist uses.  If the recoil is too much for a particular engagement, it's because I'm using the weapon beyond its intended range and when this happens I will be sniping or I'll chance it with the Sig-556.  There's no way ARs should benefit from having longer aim assist ranges than LMGs though.