14 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2013 3:19 PM by Adam1234567893 RSS

Please stop all the nerfing

randomness550

I think BO2 was almost perfect when it was first released in terms of weapons. Now in BO2 all the guns were nerfed FAR too much! The smgs were very good weapons BEFORE the nerf, now i find myself getting 5 hitmarkers and still not killing the person. The ARs were awesome before the nerfs, now i get 4 hitmarkers with the majority of them at close range ( im talking barrelstuffing range ). The snipers were perfect before the patch, but now its almost impossible to take out more then 1 enemy before getting killed. ATTENTION COD COMMUNITY! Please stop blaming the weapons for your death! Please take into consideration that it was YOUR fault that you died. Im getting sick of finding a weapon that is perfect for my playstyle only to have it nerfed the next week because a bunch of 12 year olds were complaining about it. If something must be done to the weapons, then BUFF the underpowered ones instead of nerfing everything.

Sorry for my english.

• Re: Please stop all the nerfing
          maccabi

randomness550 wrote:

Please stop blaming the weapons for your death! Please take into consideration that it was YOUR fault that you died. Im getting sick of finding a weapon that is perfect for my playstyle only to have it nerfed the next week because a bunch of 12 year olds were complaining about it.

yet here you are complaining you don't do so well because of a weapon.. interestingly none of the nerfs made to the weapons in bo2 would increase the amount of hitmarkers you got... (bar the slight damage drop to the an95, change to fal and smr damage on full auto and the fact pistols  were way over powered and got nerfed)

randomness550

I dont know i noticed i get more hitmarkers, but that could just be me not remembering lol. But still if the smgs and ARs were as good as they were then how come everyone just uses LMGS and snipers now? Btw pistols are probably the only thing i think deserved a nerf, but everything else i dont think deserved it.

nicedrewishfela

See, here is what you are not understanding.

Your Perception does not always equal Reality. I am not referring to you directly, please don't take offense. All I am saying is that you and I could both look at something and see it differently, or even experience it differently. You might use or see people using the An-94 and think, "Wow, that thing is crazy OP. It kills way too fast.", while I would think it is perfectly balanced, while someone else might think it needs to be more powerful.

Contrary to popular belief... "nerfs" and "buffs" aren't based on Forum Threads, YouTube Videos, or "12-year olds" who were complaining about it. They are based on stats and metrics, and give the Devs a FAR better sense of what is actually happening than what each of us perceives based on our own experience. They can see what weapons are overpowering others and tweak them to achieve balance, which is crucial in FPS. Should guns have a learning curve and handle differently? Of course, but a particular weapon shouldn't give someone an advantage over another player. That should be left up to how the player uses it... or you get a situation like in WaW with the MP40 or MW2 with the UMP45 rendering other weapons obsolete.

Is it a perfect system? It never will be, because each of us experiences the game differently. But as long as they are constantly tweaking and adjusting the game based on their metrics and the reality of what is happening, this is a good thing. It keeps the game fresh... and it keeps the game fair.

mdub

randomness550 wrote:

I think BO2 was almost perfect when it was first released in terms of weapons. Now in BO2 all the guns were nerfed FAR too much! The smgs were very good weapons BEFORE the nerf, now i find myself getting 5 hitmarkers and still not killing the person. The ARs were awesome before the nerfs, now i get 4 hitmarkers with the majority of them at close range ( im talking barrelstuffing range ). The snipers were perfect before the patch, but now its almost impossible to take out more then 1 enemy before getting killed. ATTENTION COD COMMUNITY! Please stop blaming the weapons for your death! Please take into consideration that it was YOUR fault that you died. Im getting sick of finding a weapon that is perfect for my playstyle only to have it nerfed the next week because a bunch of 12 year olds were complaining about it. If something must be done to the weapons, then BUFF the underpowered ones instead of nerfing everything.

Sorry for my english.

If the weapons were fine.... they would not have been adjusted. Example - SMG + laser = ADS not required.

I agree there shouldn't be as much nerfing as there was in Black Ops 2 but there should be nerfing if their stats show that it's overpowered not complaining garbage that thinks everything should be nerfed. As for buffing if they see in their statistics that a certain gun is losing every gun battle then they should buff it instead of listening to garbage who thinks everything should be buffed. That's pretty much how it should be.

The smgs are still fine in BO2 if you actually aim with them and don't just try to rush around and only hipfire them.

Ovrlord

Yeah. I guess it's my fault I went into a cqc situation with a shotgun, shot first, and got outgunned by a sniper rifle because of the quickscoping. Why don't we all blame it on the player for taking a weapon appropriate for the encounter into battle even when shooting first and get beasted by a sniper rifle, which is not supposed to be doing that in close quarters anyway.

You say I shouldn't blame the weapon, but I was clearly not at fault here. Why isn't it the weapon's fault hmm?