1 2 3 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2014 10:08 PM by GamebroCrazy RSS

Wii U dedis maybe confirmed by possible ninja Wii U dev?

nintendon't

Look at "Hardkode"'s post in this GFAQs thread:

Ghosts will have Dedicated Severs on all platforms. - Call of Duty: Ghosts Message Board for Wii U - GameFAQs

I think that guy might actually be a Wii U dev. I remember him constantly defending 3arc and popping up whenever an update hit. And look how at he takes the camera complaints as if it's a personal insult:

"-the so-called "camera issue" will still be present but for some reason no one will make youtube videos about it or use it as a basis for denouncing iw as blubbering fools"

Or look at a quick google search of his GFAQ's posts:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=hardkode+gamefaqs+black+ops+2&gbv =2&oq=hardkode+gamefaqs+black+ops+2&gs_l=heirloom-hp.12...2167.2167.0.3213.1.1.0 .0.0.0.152.152.0j1.1.0....0...1ac.1.24.heirloom-hp..1.0.0.hdRGixwT1OM

Always taking insults towards Treyarch personally or answering indepth on technical issues. Like in this post for example (near down):

Gamepad mic? - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Message Board for Wii U - GameFAQs

There's also a dev account here named "Hardcoded":

Hardcoded

I might be crazy and completely wrong so don't hold me to this lol. Just a hunch.

• 1. Re: Wii U dedis maybe confirmed by possible ninja Wii U dev?
          Padiego

HardkodePosted 1/6/2013 5:53:27 PM

Think about it this way: if a microphone is not close to your mouth it's going to pick up a lot of spu d from your environment - such as the sound of the game from your tv. This is the reason no game is ever going to use that microphone. It's really only suitable for a chat application like Skype.

Lul, "no game is ever going to use that microphone"

MH3U....and it works just fine.

• 2. Re: Wii U dedis maybe confirmed by possible ninja Wii U dev?

saw some of his posts, i doubt your claim so far. he also claims the dedicated survers will do next to nothing in the same post you quoted and linked.

here are my wiiu predictions:

- dedicated servers will be supported from day one

- there will be just as much discontent over connection quality in this game as any other wii/u cod

- free fall dlc will eventually be available

- the so-called "camera issue" will still be present but for some reason no one will make youtube videos about it or use it as a basis for denouncing iw as blubbering fools

sounds more like a optimist.

• 3. Re: Wii U dedis maybe confirmed by possible ninja Wii U dev?
              nintendon't

He's kind of right though. Dedicated servers aren't going to make the game suddenly seem like LAN, they just give a more stable connection.

EDIT: I just did another search, there's an account here named "Hardcoded" and it says he's a 3arc dev:

Hardcoded

and he posted in this Wii U thread:

Random Disconnects/Black Ops 2 server not available *Video added*

• 4. Re: Wii U dedis maybe confirmed by possible ninja Wii U dev?
                sangoku116

I beat it's going to be lon g to connect and load a game on dedicated servers just like bf3 pc.

• 5. Re: Wii U dedis maybe confirmed by possible ninja Wii U dev?
                  like2nap03

nintendon't wrote:

He's kind of right though. Dedicated servers aren't going to make the game suddenly seem like LAN, they just give a more stable connection.

He's very right.  It won't be like there's no lag or anything.  Just a more stable host basically.  Which will make a difference, but the lag comp will still be there depending on how bad someone's ping is to the server.  That's not really going to change.  Well, I mean it might.  They said they are changing some of that stuff too.  We'll see how it goes, but it's not going to be the end of lag and lag comp and one-hit kills, no damage bullets, and dying around corners.  It's all still going to be there.

• 6. Re: Wii U dedis maybe confirmed by possible ninja Wii U dev?
                    WiimotesRus02

like2nap03 wrote:

nintendon't wrote:

but the lag comp will still be there depending on how bad someone's ping is to the server.

I don't think it has anything to do with the ping, mine is always good, even to the states, better than beasts, but for some reason I have a worse time than him. Its far more and complicated than internet and ping, it doesn't make sense that I can play and do well on a 2bar connection with players from the states with all the other games except BO2. This game got messed up in the codes, but by the time they new about it, it was already on the shelf. That's my opinion, and always have a giggle when people think its their internet, right Beast?

• 7. Re: Wii U dedis maybe confirmed by possible ninja Wii U dev?
                      like2nap03

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

like2nap03 wrote:

nintendon't wrote:

but the lag comp will still be there depending on how bad someone's ping is to the server.

I don't think it has anything to do with the ping, mine is always good, even to the states, better than beasts, but for some reason I have a worse time than him. Its far more and complicated than internet and ping, it doesn't make sense that I can play and do well on a 2bar connection with players from the states with all the other games except BO2. This game got messed up in the codes, but by the time they new about it, it was already on the shelf. That's my opinion, and always have a giggle when people think its their internet, right Beast?

It has something to do with ping, but that's not the only factor.  Upload speed seems to matter.  Without seeing the code though I'm left to guess and I can't figure it out.  Sometimes it just doesn't make sense.  Leaving me to think, like you, that something is just wrong in the net code or whatever you want to call it. 

Ping does make a difference for me at least.  If I'm on a 4-bar connection, then I normally do really well.  When I get on a 3-bar, I can get my butt handed to me by even really horrible players.  Occasionally I can be really laggy on a 4-bar connection.  Thankfully that is rare.   It goes the other way too though.  I've seen people dominate on a 2-bar connection.  I don't get it.

• 8. Re: Wii U dedis maybe confirmed by possible ninja Wii U dev?

COD lag comp is  not based on ping. pure ping based online with no lag comp would be better, yes there would be ties and other BS but the game would play with much less lag. a good lagcomp system should try to be as quick as possible, stimulating the delays to make them even at the smallest possible #. 50 ping should have very dam close to 50ms of lag, more being added by the other players lag(and less than if you add the 2 pings together, MW3, and BO2's lag were both often more).

• 9. Re: Wii U dedis maybe confirmed by possible ninja Wii U dev?

the games netcode is poor(features related to theater are beleaved to slow it down), the game also features built in lag of about 50ms, from the players action being regestered to the action being applied, usualy another 20msish just to regesture the action, 50-250ms lagcomp(below 100 prefered).  

1 2 3 Previous Next