7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2013 10:11 AM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

CoD Ghosts / BO2 vs MW3

Can you tell me if the shooting feedback in the new BO Ghosts is the same as BO2 or back too MW3? In my opinion in Black Ops 2 the shooting feedback was a major letdown, no feel on long shots or feel of impact up close. Totally turned me off the game.

MW3 still is the best game out there, hopefully them went back to the old feeling and not an arcade style game.

• Re: CoD Ghosts / BO2 vs MW3

Ghosts will have the same shooting feeling as MW3, Infinity Ward and Treyarch use different engines thats why Black Ops series feels different than MW series

And yes IW ones are far better on that aspect

Foxhound-Pro

dfatfella wrote:

Can you tell me if the shooting feedback in the new BO Ghosts is the same as BO2 or back too MW3? In my opinion in Black Ops 2 the shooting feedback was a major letdown, no feel on long shots or feel of impact up close. Totally turned me off the game.

MW3 still is the best game out there, hopefully them went back to the old feeling and not an arcade style game.

I'm actually kind of curious about this post. Are you talking about the TTK or the feedback you receive from rumble/vibration in your controller?

Also to clean up on kenib77's post: Treyarch and Infinity Ward use the same base engine, but have different modified versions of it. The game should generally "flow" the same in regards to expected movement and control of your character, but Infinity Ward and Treyarch titles have definitely changed how that same base engine feels.

Sorry I'm new to the forum. TTK stands for?

I found in MW3 when you shoot from long range or even close up, you could feel the feedback of the bullets hitting someone through the joy pad on xbox360. It had way more feel to it rather than the BO2, I bought the game on the night of launch and was really let down that they took what was a great first person shooter and just basically made it an arcade feel, you could empty a mag and have no idea it any of the bullets were hitting the other players. I stop playing after a few days and went back.

Id love to know why they removed that feel element from the BO2 when BO1 was the same as MW3. Other than that the maps were decent and game play was good but still not the same as MW3.

maccabi

dfatfella wrote:

I found in MW3 when you shoot from long range or even close up, you could feel the feedback of the bullets hitting someone through the joy pad on xbox360. It had way more feel to it rather than the BO2, I bought the game on the night of launch and was really let down that they took what was a great first person shooter and just basically made it an arcade feel, you could empty a mag and have no idea it any of the bullets were hitting the other players. I stop playing after a few days and went back.

Id love to know why they removed that feel element from the BO2 when BO1 was the same as MW3. Other than that the maps were decent and game play was good but still not the same as MW3.

TTK = time to kill

As for the feedback thing i honestly never noticed that before in any cod game wierd

Foxhound-Pro

dfatfella wrote:

maccabi already answered what TTK stands for. He's correct.

This is pretty interesting for me as it's something that I don't experience and gauge as feedback when I play. I say this because I play with rumble/vibration off on every game. When we jump into community game nights I'll have to turn it on to get a feel. I always rely on sound cues for hitmarkers. That iconic thud sound is what I hear and work off of.