1 2 3 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2013 9:08 PM by Yppecaye_the_Dogged RSS

Can Camping Be Sustained or Unsustained?

I was thinking and hoping people won't bring those old tendencies back. Corner camping, finding that one good spot in a map going there several times (despite how many they get killed). I wonder how will Ghost play out considering you have the ability to make slight changes and kill camper with C4 through walls. Will campers learn there lesson and go out there and fight for their Team ? Or they will sit back awaiting action and the opposing team feeds into it giving  campers a  massive advantage and  kills. How will we the Run and Gunners, Snipers, Stealthy types, and noobs overcome this adversity? Can these new changes help with that (automated call outs and guard dog)? WILL BE IT ENOUGH?

Camping- is when a player literally relies on being stationary and refuse to move from that location (regardless of dying several times) going to the same location consistently. Holding down an area is not camping, nor is hiding behind cover (that's common sense) when you're reloading  you know an enemy is close so it's smart to take cover. In addition, head glichting another form of camping, but it goes back to being stationary, but not limited too momentary cover, if you sit there on purpose considered that's camping. Camping should not be confused with holding down areas or keeping the opposing team from progressing into your spawn while holding down the objective.

Message was edited by: hayant7785

• 1. Re: Will We Suffer From Mapthy In Ghost?
          biron_w

You'll always get campers. There's nothing that can be done about it.

And you'll always get campers that go to the same spot because some campers are idiots. I remember playing BO1 on Radiation and one players kept going to the same place, myself and a friend must have got 10 kills between us from going back to that spot and killing this player.

• 2. Re: Can Camping Be Sustained or Unsustained?

I hoping this won't be the case. If camper do camp will be easier to maintain it. It's just annoying with people camp with no intent of helping others for their own self benefit. Don't get me wrong I'm about players  having a style of play camping is just on my shitlist.

• 3. Re: Can Camping Be Sustained or Unsustained?
              mdub

hayant7785 wrote:

I hoping this won't be the case. If camper do camp they'll be dealt with easily. It's just annoying with people camp with no intent of helping others for their own self benefit. Don't get me wrong I'm about players  having a style of play camping is just on my shitlist.

Here's the thing....

Once you start singling out, certain play styles, as unacceptable... where does it end? If people are playing the game, without cheating, what is the problem?

If your good.... campers wont be a problem. To be clear... a camper is someone that sits in a corner, ADS'ing. 

I get that you are frustrated, with people that sit in a dark corner.... but those corners never move. So if the corners dont move.... you know where the camper is hiding.

Agree?

• 4. Re: Can Camping Be Sustained or Unsustained?

To a certain aspect I agree. I just hate when I'm on that good ass streak getting good kills...then all sudden...oh ****... you see someone laying on their laying penis around the corner (Head Glicthing)  or camping  in corner  and before you respond you're already in their sight and  it's all to late. Damn it there goes my AC-130, Attack Dogs, VSAT, or what high KS I on. I admit I do rage, but try not to rage quit, I'm raging during gameplay, after that it's fine.

• 5. Re: Can Camping Be Sustained or Unsustained?

Campers are always going to camp they are not going to stop camping just because you dont like how they play. Nor will anything really be done to stop or prevent it in all game modes.

• 6. Re: Can Camping Be Sustained or Unsustained?

Nobody likes camper but, other campers. I swear when I'm in these lobbies after gameplay everybody including the winning team will rant on campers. I've seen games in HC, teammates kill (Domination esp.) a guy for camping because he not contributing to the teams efforts. Campers are hated all across in COD realm. Don't give that BS about "just because I don't like it" heck, nobody like camper period. I don't expect Activision to start kicking folks from games for it. Add things in the game to make camping a hell of a lot harder and I hope these changes in Ghost will help with that.

• 7. Re: Can Camping Be Sustained or Unsustained?
                      mdub

hayant7785 wrote:

To a certain aspect I agree. I just hate when I'm on that good ass streak getting good kills...then all sudden...oh ****... you see someone laying on their laying penis around the corner (Head Glicthing)  or camping  in corner  and before you respond you're already in their sight and  it's all to late. Damn it there goes my AC-130, Attack Dogs, VSAT, or what high KS I on. I admit I do rage, but try not to rage quit, I'm raging during gameplay, after that it's fine.

I get what you're saying. Trust me... I do.

The only problem is this... The corner campers and head glitchers, use the UAV and VSAT, to their advantage. Once they see your red dot coming... they set up shop. Throw in Sit Rep Pro (MW3)  and its all over but the crying.

IW, has fixed Treyarch's mistake. OTG will work at all times. Hopefully, Dead Silence, will actually work in Ghosts, as well.

Head Glitchers and corner campers.... wont see/hear you coming. Their corners/head glitching spots... dont move. You will have the drop on them.

• 8. Re: Can Camping Be Sustained or Unsustained?
                        nuttin2say

To a certain aspect I agree. I just hate when I'm on that good ass streak getting good kills...then all sudden...oh ****... you see someone laying on their laying penis around the corner (Head Glicthing)  or camping  in corner  and before you respond you're already in their sight and  it's all to late.

If you got on those "good ass streaks" often, it wouldn't bother you to get killed now and then by a camper ... or quick scoper ... or an RnG guy who just turned around from killing one of your teammates.

But, hey, when all else fails?

Blame anyone but yourself. That is the American way!

• 9. Re: Can Camping Be Sustained or Unsustained?

"How will we the Run and Gunners, Snipers, Stealthy types, and noobs overcome this adversity?"

I find it funny how people get irritated that snipers run on the front lines and then others get mad that they sit in the back. You mentioned snipers in your post but would you rather have quickscoping or camping? If you get that upset about campers then stay away from the area or kill them, since you know where they're at. You got to remember also, theres alot of children playing this game as well, even though its an M rated game. Keep in mind, you dont know who the person is and what they're thinking, Just enjoy the game.

1 2 3 Previous Next