1 2 3 Previous Next 62 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2014 12:32 PM by Gerbera RSS

How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?

Dracodarkcross

Hi, I was wondering what people think about having Weapon DLCs as a mini bonus for players to buy at certain times of the years. Maybe 1 new assault rifle,sniper rifle, shotgun, marksman rifle, etc. for $.50-$2.00? Or maybe a whole Weapon Pack just to keep the flow of ever adapting multiplayer. I really wanted this in Black Ops 2, but it never happened. This would seriously be great for people wanting new ways to play multiplayer. What do you think?

• 1. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
          gotsomestars

It would have to be done correctly. Most would associate it with pay to win. I think its fine how it is. Most of the time the general public only use a few weapons to begin with.

• 2. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
            Project-VAG-DANO

Hopefully not.

Weapon DLC was never a problem before BO2, i dont see why all of a sudden its a must have thing.

If they want to include weapons in map packs FOR FREE then fair enough but making people pay for them seperatly is just another money grabbing scheme designed to rip players off more. ala BO2 DLC camos.

And it will be seen as pay to win, because the weapon DLCs will have to be better than the original guns otherwise noone will buy them, what would be the point in paying extra for a gun thats worse than what you already have?

They should just include all the weapons in the base game.

• 3. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
              Saltan_Wolf

this once they start with that ill drop cod, camo for guns don't mind new looks for your toon don't mind as its vanity

• 4. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
                rankismet

Project-VAG-DANO wrote:

Hopefully not.

Weapon DLC was never a problem before BO2, i dont see why all of a sudden its a must have thing.

And how was a single gun... a problem?

Project-VAG-DANO wrote:

If they want to include weapons in map packs FOR FREE then fair enough but making people pay for them seperatly is just another money grabbing scheme designed to rip players off more. ala BO2 DLC camos.

How is a micro-transaction a "rip off" unless they are "free". So sick of the entitlement mentality of people.

Project-VAG-DANO wrote:

And it will be seen as pay to win, because the weapon DLCs will have to be better than the original guns otherwise noone will buy them, what would be the point in paying extra for a gun thats worse than what you already have?

They should just include all the weapons in the base game.

Hyperbole much? What makes you presume they would be "better"? Over time, I get bored with using the same guns and having a new one to rank up and use is... <GASP>... fun.

I couldn't disagree more with virtually every single word you wrote.

• 5. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
                  zvers

While I agree with what you said, I just want to make sure it's not play to win. The Peace Keeper in BO2 was ok but not a deal breaker if you didn't have it. That was a good thing and i'm ok with that.

But I also don't want to be 'nickle and dimed' for a game I payed 60 bucks for. If it's done right, fine by me.

• 6. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
                    rankismet

zvers wrote:

While I agree with what you said, I just want to make sure it's not play to win. The Peace Keeper in BO2 was ok but not a deal breaker if you didn't have it. That was a good thing and i'm ok with that.

But I also don't want to be 'nickle and dimed' for a game I payed 60 bucks for. If it's done right, fine by me.

My POV... good players are good regardless of weapons. The weapon just allows you to play certain styles.

I would prefer DLC maps be free and mandatory to improve matchmaking and have camo, guns, different styled attachments, etc. be micro transactions or DLC packs.

However, we know Ghosts will not have free maps. The only question is what kind of micro-transactions will it have.

• 7. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
                      Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I have a hunch they will do DLC guns for the next gen consoles. The current gen have limited RAM and that is what stopping them from doing it.

http://mp1st.com/2013/04/09/black-ops-2-treyarch-confirms-no-more-weapon-dlc/

the main issue is RAM. All of the weapons, characters, models, textures, and geo have to live in RAM. There is only 512 [MB] on the consoles. The problem then is adding weapons adds memory, and there isn’t much or any left

• 8. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?

I think that if they add weapons they should be weapons that counteract OP weapons. like if shotguns are OP again they should add a really powerful assault rifle. and if there are DLC weapons they should go with the regular map packs. That way people could get everything in one package. but if they had free downloadable weapons for people who play for a long time that would be cool to. but I think it would be cool if the players could vote on upcoming DLC weapons. like they did with the camos. finally, if they are going to have weapon DLCs lets hope they don't screw us with just one like they did in BO2.

• 9. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
                          Project-VAG-DANO

A single gun wasnt the problem, the problem was the sense of as you put it yourself "entitlement" where since we've had one gun, alot of people are now asking for/expecting to have gun dlc all the time.

Rip off, as in paying £45 for a game, then having to pay £35 for a season pass, and then having to pay £1.50 everytime they throw a new weapon out there, Rip off as in they've already taken £80 for a game (inc. map packs) and still feel the need to charge you extra for stuff that should have been in the base game, made worse by the fact that the game is only out for 12 months before they start cramming the next release down everyones throats.

I agree having stuff to rank up/unlock etc is... <GASP>... fun. But considering customers are already paying as much as they are for the game + season pass, then making microtransactions for guns in my book is just being greedy.

I would probably prefer to pay £80 straight up for the game, and with that you get every peice of DLC they create with no after sale cost.

What makes you presume that they wont be "better"

1 2 3 Previous Next