11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2014 1:46 PM by zooooooooooooooooooz RSS

BO2 to PS4/Xbox One

DeavonSHD

Will Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 be enabled to be played online on the next generation consoles? I'm sure many people will want to be able to play it on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, so will it be available via update or will people be able to pay to get an upgrade? I am getting a PS4 and I'm stuck wondering if I have to lose my Zombies for another year to my decision, so will BO2 be enabled for online play with next gen consoles?

• Re: BO2 to PS4/Xbox One

Really....

boybad

Dono bout Ekbok, but my understanding is PSN account will migrate to next console and this is true, and they will release old games in the store so if you had a digital copy of the game (not disk) on your account you should be able to download and play it on the next console. Just like they have PS2 games in the store for PS3, PS2 disk will not work on PS3 but you can still download PS2 games from the store and play them on PS3.

whots_his_face

I didn't think the next generation were backward compatible.  I'm pretty certain the one isn't, you'd have as much luck sticking your xbox discs in your pc drive as in the xbone.

boybad

They are not and PS3 cant play PS2 disks well except for the first model but PS2 and many other old games are available for download to play on PS3 the issue is you have to buy them again from online store, (digital copy). What im trying to say is old PS3 games will be available for download and no you will not be able to just jam any given disk in, so if you bought a digital copy of BO from online store and dont have a disk you should be able to download it on the new console and play it.

whots_his_face

Why though? The digital version is just the same as the disc version.. surely?  The only way any ps3 games would work on the ps4 would be if they port them.. wouldn't it?  And I would stand by what I said.  Why on earth would they port Black Ops 2, so late on?

whots_his_face

I'd eat my little finger if they bothered making new versions for the new consoles.  Just hang on to your ps3.

LordOfDaZombiez

PS3 version of the game was coded for the PS3's Cell processor. This means that any version of the game (Physical or Digital) will not work on PS4's new architecture. Activision would have to allocate funds for the game to be ported to the new consoles and since the game has stopped production it is definitely going to be a ps3, 360 only title.

Ghosts is just on the horizon and that game will be made available for both consoles. After that BO3 will most likely be next gen exclusive. Sorry to say but it looks like you will be playing last gen zombies until the new treyarch title launches.

Wow...not that hard to google...Ps4 will have a cloud service that will allow you to download previous console titles. Ofcourse this may mean re-buying it if you hadnt bought it through playstation store. No game titles are confirmed at the moment but there is a possibility. Most likely Gta, Assassins creed, Cod, etc would be brought back.

wow why the make a new gen if bo2 was not going to be on it im still debateing on whether im sill gitting the xbox one becuase i think black ops 2 was the gratest shooting game tryarch made and i think the next tryarch game should be called black ops revenge or black ops 3 or something like that just keep the black ops in the game its better