1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2013 8:13 AM by pendeen Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Whats your overall opinion of Blops2?
        kylet345

The only thing I can say that I disagree with is the "kiddie camo" thing. I'm guessing you're referring to the Kawaii pack, where there is a camo full of 'cute' (which is the definition of Kawaii when translated from Japanese to English) characters. From the kids that I have seen play the game, I've seen none that have this camo on. And besides that, what about the small population of female players on this game that may happen to fall into the cliche affection towards pink and cute characters? Also, considering there are a large group of males averaging the age of 21-25 that watch My Little Pony and refer to each other as 'Bronies', why do you consider this pack "kiddie"? (That's saying that you're referring to this camo and not one of the others).

• 21. Re: Whats your overall opinion of Blops2?
          Yppecaye_the_Dogged

kylet345 wrote:

The only thing I can say that I disagree with is the "kiddie camo" thing. I'm guessing you're referring to the Kawaii pack, where there is a camo full of 'cute' (which is the definition of Kawaii when translated from Japanese to English) characters. From the kids that I have seen play the game, I've seen none that have this camo on. And besides that, what about the small population of female players on this game that may happen to fall into the cliche affection towards pink and cute characters? Also, considering there are a large group of males averaging the age of 21-25 that watch My Little Pony and refer to each other as 'Bronies', why do you consider this pack "kiddie"? (That's saying that you're referring to this camo and not one of the others).

What you say is true.  And the demographics you mentioned just might find the "feel" for them to be more desireable becuase Kawaii and others (I didn't really pay attention to the names of the various camos) are there.

However, for whatever reason they are there, like I said, it took out the adult, combat and war "feel" I personally preferred. 

• 22. Re: Whats your overall opinion of Blops2?
            P34nut

The game is too inconsistent on Multiplayer. Yesterday I was running with an ACOG on my DSR and I stood behind someone and 2 head shots later he/she turns around and 1 bullets me. The KSG was way out of sync, every time I hit someone in the torso nothing happend, no hitmarker, but if I shot them a foot either side of where they were stood I'd get an insta kill. I bought the first DLC which is now Disabled and the only decent map on that was Grind.

A while back I ran with ballistic knife only and went 23-7. The next day the knives wouldn't even register and both the ballistic knife and combat axe seemed to just go through people and disappear. That is probably due to lag or lag compensation which means it will always play that way and be inconsistent. Dedicated servers will not stop it. So do we blame the makers of the game? The speed of other players Internet? An online game like CoD will always play laggy and inconsistent because it relies on too many factors to run smoothly. Ghosts will be the same.

The general idea of of the CoD franchise is a good one for people who like fast paced arcade shooters. Battlefield had better dynamics and a slower paced game play but the maps are just way too big. The CoD community is getting younger and younger which is spoiling the game. I don't want to hear a 8-17 year old squeaker raging like a PMT induced beast in almost every lobby.

I played Zombies once and never again.

Campaign is ok, but that spider mission was annoying.

Was it worth the money? for me yes it was because it was a gift.

Will I be buying any other CoD game soon? No I won't be.

Rating 6.5/10

• 23. Re: Whats your overall opinion of Blops2?
              DjangoBlack2

I give this game a 0/10 even a -1 rating. This game is simply a coded mess. Broken game mechanics, massive lag/latency issues. Treyarch games were always worse together with IW's last product MW3. The flashbacks in Singleplayer were cool. I wish the multiplayer would have stayed in the Rambo 3 Afghan era but not in this stupid Halo 2025 Über super soldier setting. Instead of pumping millions of dollars into the singleplayer they've should put the money into the multiplayer for a better online experience.

• 24. Re: Whats your overall opinion of Blops2?
                Izjar11

This game is different from previous titles and I personally rank it better than all but one (and this is simply because there is nothing like the first COD game you play).

This game was not meant for the casual gamers, it is a very competitive game and to win you have to want to win. This is where many struggled, the idea that the game is not easy or simple made for some frustrating game play for many. They then turn around and complained the game was not to their liking.

Connection wise they can do a better job and they have (from what is read).

I give this game on a grading scale a A-

The one thing that affected it was its connection issues, that they seemed to not be able to consistently give.

• 25. Re: Whats your overall opinion of Blops2?
                  SirDarthVader

My Opinion? I think it is the most BORING Call of duty ever. BO2 may have been more of something new than MW3 was but at least MW3 was hectic and fun. I can play BO2 for 1-2 months then I get bored and feel it's worn out. Even one zombies map sucked, TRANZIT.  I like Black Ops 2 alot but it feels just so boring if you play it alot, with MW3 I was addicted to it everyday. At the end of the day it's the fun that counts, Treyarch made an amazing game I have to admit but I just get bored of it if I play alot.

• 26. Re: Whats your overall opinion of Blops2?
                    DjangoBlack2

SirDarthVader wrote:

My Opinion? I think it is the most BORING Call of duty ever. BO2 may have been more of something new than MW3 was but at least MW3 was hectic and fun. I can play BO2 for 1-2 months then I get bored and feel it's worn out. Even one zombies map sucked, TRANZIT.  I like Black Ops 2 alot but it feels just so boring if you play it alot, with MW3 I was addicted to it everyday. At the end of the day it's the fun that counts, Treyarch made an amazing game I have to admit but I just get bored of it if I play alot.

I haven't played a COD that is so boring and dull like BO2. The weapons are boring because there are only 2 effective weapon categories and that's SMG's and Snipers. Maps are a boring and a clusterfuck. If this game wouldn't be branded as "Call Of Duty" it wouldn't have sold well.

• 27. Re: Whats your overall opinion of Blops2?
                      DjangoBlack2

Yppecaye_the_Dogged wrote:

Overall I give it a C+ to a B- (a pretty good rating BTW, think of an "A" game as perfection.)

The kiddie camos took away the adult, combat or war "feel" a game such as CoD should provide.

But for Nuketown and it coming up every other map, it would have been a solid B-.

But for Slums, Cargo, Standoff, it would have been a C.  The last map pack helped too.

The rest of the maps fell victim to forumla.  That was just lazy and uninspired.  But for this, it may have been a solid B.

Crashing systems at release left a lasting impression that the game is flawed.  "You never get a chance to make another first impression."

I had no real problems with the game's playability or weapons or perks, etc.  They are what they are and my opinion is CoD isn't that hard to adjust to title after title because it really doesn't change that much titile after title.  Maps skills have always been key to good play, which is why I focused on maps so much above.  The game will only be as good as the maps.

The game is still freezing sometimes and the sound glitch still appears.

• 28. Re: Whats your overall opinion of Blops2?
                        claisty

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was my first entry into this franchise and I was hooked until now.  Black Ops 2 was without question a huge letdown to me.  After getting master prestige I haven't played the game since, nor have I felt the urge to. 

How much of an impact did this title have on my overall CoD experience?  For every previous release I was one of the fanboys in line early to pick up my pre-ordered copy at midnight.  Now?  Not only have I not pre-ordered a copy, but I can't see myself getting CoD Ghosts in the foreseeable future.  That might change if word of mouth from any of my friends still playing is strong, but usually new releases need some time to get the bugs worked out.

In terms of specifics here is my brief list of things that need to be fixed before I would ever consider buying another game in this franchise:

1) Skill based match making has to go.  I don't run with a clan and find that most of my friends aren't playing this game as much.  I have absolutely no interest in joining a clan.  I've seen enough responses from the moderators and forum contributors suggesting that I need to find some other people to partner up with.  That just doesn't work for me. If your target audience is made up only of users who play in parties then maybe this isn't the game for me.  I've found myself on the losing end of SBMM more times than I can count.

2)  Lag.  I'll leave it at that.  I've seen dozens of videos speculating on the logic of the online compensation code, although unless you're a developer or someone that's been intimately involved it's tough to say what is wrong.  What I can say from my experience is that CoD MW2 had the best responsiveness out of any version I've played.  Fix the code or go with dedicated servers, personally I don't care, but I won't sit through another version of this game when I'm consistently a second or two behind everyone despite having a 30/6 MB download/upload connection.

3) Map design.  This is a bit more difficult for me to articulate.  These maps just seem boring and vanilla.  Could it be that the designers are running out of ideas due to the number of maps in the previous releases?  Possibly.  If not for (foolishly) buying the season pass I wouldn't have gotten the last two map packs.  I won't be making that mistake again.

4) Buffs/Nerfs.  Would love to see less of that with any future titles.  Seems like about the time I finally get comfortable with a weapon or two it gets a complete overhaul.  Face it folks, certain weapons are better than others and will get used more often.  That doesn't mean it's overpowered, just means it's a great weapon to use.

The pick 10 system was pure genius.  I've seen videos and articles about the new system being used for Ghost.  It looks like they've put some good ideas into the next version as the load outs and classes continue to evolve in a positive way.

Video games developers found a couple years ago that they can significantly increase their profits through DLC and Activision/Infinity Ward/Treyarch are no different.  I just hope that if I invest my time and money into future titles that they make content worth purchasing.  I would love to see more weapons available for DLC.  Sorry devs, but glow in the dark camos don't do anything for me.

• 29. Re: Whats your overall opinion of Blops2?

I concede.  Not because I am wrong but because it means to much to you.  I actually enjoy the language surrounding this game more than the actual game.  If I was arguing for this game I would not suggest another game because it is smart and tactical because the implication there isn't very nice.  Did you miss all the discussions in which COD players claimed being smart and tactical was necessary for success.  I never said it wasn't their game I questioned the competitive satisfaction one could gain from it.  I have spent a lot of time with COD players and they get satisfaction but their opinions on what is competitive tends to be laughable.  Watch the streams COD is like I could do that most real games are like wow what was that. 

Back to the original questions, if you cannot determine what features in Black ops 2 (or any COD) cater to bad players you probably will hurt your brain if you attempt to consider the implication.  Ignorance sells games to the blissfully unaware.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next