1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 97 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2013 2:46 AM by matuzz Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: [RUMOR] Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 720p, versus PS4′s 1080p
        maccabi

PUR4IDO wrote:

He also need to understand that GHOSTS is still being developed for the current gen. IW could have just put all their efforts towards the next gen only, and would have made an even better visual version of the game, but then the ppl on the current gen would pull their hair & teeth out because they can't afford to buy a next console at the moment. As for games in the future, I have hope that once the developers learn the consoles, they will learn to develop games in full HD.

you got to remember all devs were basically building their games blind as no one had the final specs from ms when they started developing for next gen or working dev kits for ages , heck even a few months ago ms were still changing thier minds on what was possible and what wasnt as they tinkered wit apis and clock speeds

end of the day no one expected launch titles to utilize the full capabilities of the next gen consoles and if anything and again i mean with the the utmost of respect to everyone here , reading some of the comments on the interwebz today the majority of people still dont actually "get" 720 versus 1080 or what next gen graphics actually means

• 21. Re: [RUMOR] Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 720p, versus PS4′s 1080p
          PUR4IDO

I agree w everything you are saying. People are just looking for things to write about since news for the consoles & the launch games are pretty much set in stone. Nov 5, just needs to arrive so ppl can just play the game and find new reasons to complain. I'm actually sick and tired of listening to ppl complain about things, when they have not played 1 second of the game. The hand  full of ppl that actually got to the play game, have said their peace and are waiting for the final product, since the version they played was an alpha. I'm just ready for the game. I can't wait to play againts, campers, snipers, run/gunners, etc.. I just want to play dude.

• 22. Re: [RUMOR] Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 720p, versus PS4′s 1080p
            ukkiwi

I honestly believe this is true. For the first time ever we have been shown PlayStation gameplay before launch (IGN Gameplay with Mark Rubin). There has been no xbox footage whatsoever just a PC version with xbox controllers. Very suspect, but either way they need to confirm or deny it because we was told 1080p on all consoles and that's false advertisement.    

• 23. Re: [RUMOR] Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 720p, versus PS4′s 1080p
              xThatTributeGuyx

I will say that if this is true, while hardcore CoD Players and Xbox Fanboys may not care about what resolution the game plays at, it will mean something in the long run. If this is going to be a running theme with games on Xbox One, it will be the death of the system. Those who held out for next year, or are waiting a few months to see which system is better, will likely go with the PS4. With the gamers will go new exclusives and quite possibly any credibility Microsoft had left in the gaming industry. If these things are true, look for Microsoft to quickly release Xbox One v2.0 within the next year to try and get it up to speed with the PS4.

• 24. Re: [RUMOR] Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 720p, versus PS4′s 1080p
                Dforums

Not always. I have a 360 (no PS3).  I preordered PS4 in June the day after both systems had been shown at e3.  So no $10 upgrade deal for me.

• 25. Re: [RUMOR] Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 720p, versus PS4′s 1080p
                  cranium2001

This is a lovely answer. It's not like going from regular def to HD. Not even in the same category.

• 27. Re: [RUMOR] Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 720p, versus PS4′s 1080p

I demand an answer to this question!!!!  I know its all about what you can afford, but YES, YES, YES it matters!!!!!!!!!  If you only have a TV capable of out putting 720p, Im sorry, you are in the minority.  720p televisions were only 12% of all televisions sold in the United States, this year!  Of those 12%, 68% were 32inch or smaller!!!  Reasoning, you need a television above 37 inches before the human eye can start to see the difference.  720p is "GOOD ENOUGH" for a 32" TV.  I'm an older gamer that plays in his living room, on his massive A$$ TV!!!!!  If this question isn't answered before November 1st, I'm cancelling my pre-order for the XBOX ONE, COD Ghost, and Madden 25. To put them out there to be had by someone else.  I've read tons of comments, on over 50 sites, and the one that I've read on all of them, that really is bothersome, is "Why no response?"  Then some guy will come back and show a response from E3, dated June 11, 2013, about how the developer already answered!  Which is hilarious, because Ryse, Titanfall, and a whole bunch of other games were supposed to be native 1080p/60fps.

All won't totally be lost, because I've pre-ordered me and my son the PS4, along with Ghost and other games.  At the end of the day we're gamers, we were excited about MS gaining ground.  Which was bound to happen...  What happens when you literally can't find a PS4 anywhere to save your mothers life?  But, little Johnny wants a PS4 for Christmas?  You settle, MS knew that, PS knew that, but what's gonna happen when consumers put that COD Ghost in there brand spanking new Xbox One and that info screen in the top right of your television says 720p?  All hell will break loose!!! 

e.g. 

Resolution Chart

if you cant tell the difference, then try a better computer than yours

I demand an answer to this question!!!!!!!

• 28. Re: [RUMOR] Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 720p, versus PS4′s 1080p
                      iivrruummii

I am confused about what you want.

Both next gen versions will run at 1080/60FPS.

• 29. Re: [RUMOR] Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 720p, versus PS4′s 1080p
                        ToxicFuture

Wii U is supreme on all levels vrumm accept it.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next