15 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2013 3:42 PM by trialstardragon RSS

How is everyone feeling about Ghosts???

IM FEELING GREAT, I'm so excited. Who else is looking forward towards the new Campaign and Multyplayer??? 

Latest reply: on Oct 26, 2013 3:42 PM by Replies: 15 in GHOSTS GENERAL DISCUSSION
        • Test #1
          Re: How is everyone feeling about Ghosts???

Looking forward to MP, squads looks interesting and will probably give it a good go, not so keen on campaign, ill probably play later on in the games life cycle when MP starts getting boring.

Last Edited: Oct 23, 2013 2:22 AM
          • Test #1

Yeah same here

Last Edited: Oct 23, 2013 2:43 AM
            • Test #1

I'm looking forward to it both the MP and the campaign look like loads of fun.  I'm not too thrilled that we are going to be stuck with only 6 classes per character but I can make it work.  However, I am trilled to be getting customizable killstreaks per class back.

Last Edited: Oct 23, 2013 4:56 AM
                • Test #1

phxs72 wrote:

I'm looking forward to it both the MP and the campaign look like loads of fun.  I'm not too thrilled that we are going to be stuck with only 6 classes per character but I can make it work.  However, I am trilled to be getting customizable killstreaks per class back.

This is the one thing that COD has over Battlefield. BF only allows you four classes to choose from, period. I think that's stupid. If you want to be a medic, you have to change your loadout every match if you want switch weapons. As much chest beating as BF players do around here, that game lacks choice. And I play BF too. Not to game bash here. Just pointing out some of good things we have in COD.

I, too, am looking forward to Ghosts. The presence of larger maps will give me so many more matches to have fun in, and not constant frustration of tiny maps like BO2. Thanks IW for using your brains.

Last Edited: Oct 23, 2013 9:52 AM
                    • Test #1

BF at least makes up for some of the lack of creation options by allowing players to edit classes during a match.

But i agree it could do with abit more.

Best thing to do is appreciate both for what they are, i play both aswell, and i enjoy both for different reasons.

Definatly agree with your point about the larger maps, mind you there may not be so many matches as we'd like to see if the same few maps get voted for over and over again.... again

Last Edited: Oct 23, 2013 2:14 PM
                  • Test #1

I am looking forward to the fact they are addressing online connectivity:

- Dedicated servers

- Best host matching

(note I said addressing, not fixing)

I said this before MW3, BO2 and now before Ghosts comes out:

"You can add anything you want to the game: killstreaks, player customization, an epic campaign, flashy guns and gun sounds, smoothness of graphics, etc... but it all means nothing if you cannot play the game"

With the promise of (finally) focusing on better matchmaking*, I am feeling very hopeful about a positive gaming experience.

* Note I said "better" matchmaking... not skill-based matchmaking which is very subjective.

About the game itself:

- Squads

- Streaks per Class

etc...

Last Edited: Oct 23, 2013 5:39 AM
                    • Test #1

I always play the campaign first but I might just jump straight into clan wars or run some pubs and find what weapons I go good and bad with

Last Edited: Oct 23, 2013 3:44 PM
                      • Test #1

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it - not as much as I was looking forward to Black Ops 2 last year (purely because i'm a bit of a 3arc fanboy ) but still, yeah, look good

Last Edited: Oct 23, 2013 4:00 PM
                        • Test #1

Nat20 wrote:

IM FEELING GREAT, I'm so excited. Who else is looking forward towards the new Campaign and Multyplayer??? 

I'm definitely pumped, but it's not because I think Ghosts will be better than Black Ops 2 was for me. I started with MW2, and I've enjoyed Black Ops 2 the most.

I'm excited for Ghosts, mainly because it's something new. I also really want to see how the next-gen plays and also for the dedicated servers.

Last Edited: Oct 23, 2013 6:25 PM
                          • Test #1

I'm very excited and I can't wait to quickscope in Ghosts.

Last Edited: Oct 23, 2013 6:40 PM
                            • Test #1

I'm stoked that we can finally customize our players and I can finally be a female I know noone else probably cares whatsoever about that aspect haha

Last Edited: Oct 25, 2013 8:22 PM
                              • Test #1

Nine days away, I'm pretty excited. I am expecting some lag as that always seems to the case. But I'm expecting IW to tackle lag pretty quickly. i think they are quite aware of how serious lag issues are with this game series. Lag will kill this series if it's not improved upon. That much I believe. Notice how they're scrambling to get dedicated servers for everyone?

i remember all the slamming about dedicated servers in the early days of this forum. "Dedis are too expensive." Blah, blah, blah. Anyone who's played on BF know that dedis make a difference. Sure there's lag. But it's more evenly spread on dedis.

Making dedicated servers a regular part of the COD experience is in the best interest of the devs and the players of the game. It should come as no surprise. I just hope I get to play on dedicated servers while I'm still on my Xbox360. Either way, I am looking forward to Ghosts. It looks like a huge improvement over BO2. And that's a big plus.

Last Edited: Oct 26, 2013 10:34 AM
                                • Test #1

Like with every new cod. Just want to play it.

Last Edited: Oct 26, 2013 11:03 AM
                                  • Test #1

Feeling.. nothing.. waiting to decide what to feel after played it. Not letting feelings or emotions or expectations to rise and then find to be lacking.

Last Edited: Oct 26, 2013 3:42 PM