5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2013 10:28 AM by Momba1 RSS

windows 7 32 Bit - Ghosts 64 Bit

HI need some help, blops2 runs fine on my computer but with Ghosts coming and Ive pre ordered I see it will only run on 64 bit. My pc is 64 bit compatable. Does this meen I'll have to change it to 64 and if so how do I do it without losing any of my stuff on my PC.

Thanks

• Re: windows 7 32 Bit - Ghosts 64 Bit
          PUR4IDO

Pretty Much.. You can run a 64bit version as a virtual machine.

Momba1

To run Ghosts you'll need to upgrade to a 64-bit version of Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8 64-bit; in part the memory requirements are 6GB and exceed 4GB (32-bit limit). Unfortunately there is no 'easy' and automatic way to accomplish that task. You'll need to backup data and re-install all applications. For backup's in general it's a good idea to have an external storage drive.

Windows FAQ - 32-bit and 64-bit Windows: frequently asked questions

Activision minimum requirements see - Call of Duty®: Ghosts

Forum minimum requirements* see - http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/ghosts/blog/2013/ 10/23/call-of-duty-ghosts-pc-system-requirements

* note variations

Mechman

As Momba1 said, Microsoft does not provide the ability to upgrade a 32 bit version of Windows to 64 bit.  You will have to do a "clean" install and re-install your programs/games. (*** of course backing up all your important documents, pictures, music first because you would lose them).

Running a 64bit version of Windows in a virtual machine as Pur4ido suggested will not work: the amount of ram (memory) the virtual machine would use would be limited by the Host OS.  My recommendation:  Buy the upgrade edition of Windows 8 off of Amazon for like $75.00 (for the Pro version, the regular is proabably cheaper).  You can then get the upgrade to 8.1 for free. There are also free programs you can install to bring back a better "start button" and menu.

Now if you have the Retail (not OEM) version of Windows 7, your Windows 7 key (serial) should work with the 64 bit version of Windows so there would not be an upgrade cost.

can i play ghosts with:

Intel core i7-3632QM 2.2 GHZ with turbo up to 3.2GHZ

NVIDIA Geforce GT 630M with 2BG dedicatet VRAM

8GB memory

750GB HDD

can i play with this???

ghosts must have:

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better

RAM: 6 GB RAM

HDD : 40 GB HD space

Video: NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better

Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

DirectX®: DirectX® 11

Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

CAN I PLAY??????????