1 2 3 4 Previous Next 53 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2013 5:10 PM by RenovaKunumaru Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: Boosting...
        MrAdaptability

I would be appalled if IW banned anybody for using a glitch their QA team missed. That's on them, not the people that did any of the glitches. Also it's not like IW intentionally was like, "Hey let's include this glitch for unlimited prestige tokens guys, it'll be hilarious!"

• 11. Re: Boosting...
          RunAndGun1

Adam1234567893 wrote:

Hopefully they add an system that recognizes the kill feed and automatically bans boosters that kill each other the most every match that way there is no hope for boosters. Or they could make it where you can't invite anyone to Squads vs Squads period either during the matchmaking or during the game just make it say it's always full.

I would think they would be able to monitor matches between two players and their prospective team bots, clocking how often they kill each other, setting off a red flag if the frequency appears too often for a legitimate match.

I think one way to get to boosters is to start taking away their XP. Re-locking weapons or whatever to push them back a level or two. That might be a way to get players to play the game as its designed.

• 12. Re: Boosting...

Nah.. here is how it would work. Player a sets his squad up with no weapons, no perks and no streaks. He then tells player be to challenge his squad. making them an easy kill farm. This is done for about 100 games.. and then they switch places. Player b doing it so player a can get the easy kills. with no weapons but a knife it would be pretty easy for a normal player and his armed squad to beat them over and over again. Just make sure its a smaller map and game mode is tdm.. so the bots come at you and your camping squad over and over again getting slaughtered earning easy exp. Do it for an hour then switch up so the other player can play for the next hour. Rinse and repeat several times and easy free exp and levels gained.

• 13. Re: Boosting...

From what i understood on the IGN video, you cant fight against another player in Squad vs Squad. You fight his Squad, but they are all bots so boosting is not a problem.

About what trialstardragon says, aka wintrading, since you get xp only once every 2 games, im pretty sure its faster to level up in normal multiplayer matches than doing this trick. Also doing this implies that you and your friends do not get any xp for some games, while playing togheter in a multiplayer lobby will always give XP.

Boosting in Squad vs Squad is not worth in my opinion, but you are free to try it when the game comes out

• 14. Re: Boosting...

The point is not that it would make you more or faster. It is that some would do it because it would be easier to do. And make it easy to manipulate stats at that point as well if they are tracked in the games.

• 15. Re: Boosting...
                  Submit2MyWill

I don't think it's the speed that's the problem so much as K/D, headshots, unlocks, etc...

• 16. Re: Boosting...

Not sure i consider K/D ratio an important stat, but about unlocks that might be the case. It will be a bit easier to shoot in the head of bots maybe, so unlocking camos might be better in Squad environment. Maybe camos cant be unlocked in Squad mode. We will know better next week

• 17. Re: Boosting...
                      rankismet

MrAdaptability wrote:

I would be appalled if IW banned anybody for using a glitch their QA team missed. That's on them, not the people that did any of the glitches. Also it's not like IW intentionally was like, "Hey let's include this glitch for unlimited prestige tokens guys, it'll be hilarious!"

So you blame the person who leaves their car door unlocked versus the person who enters it knowing they shouldn't?

I have ZERO empathy or sympathy for people who knowingly glitch their proverbial kiesters off.

• 18. Re: Boosting...
                        MrAdaptability

I never commented on whether I thought it was morale or not. That's not relevant to the topic. IW's QA team missed a bug, they launched the game with that bug and paying customer found and exploited it. It's bad form to penalize a paying customer for a mistake you made. A more apt example than yours would be something like this:

Customer purchases a large bag of chips from a convenience store and the bag rings up as a small bag instead. The customer pays the fee and starts to walk out of the store, before they can they get stopped and their bag of chips get taken away by the store manager and the manager demands they pay the proper price for the large bag of chips and then never visit the store again. Why should that customer be penalized because the store's pricing system made a mistake?

• 19. Re: Boosting...
                          Schuesseled

Items are unlocked via player choice rather than level, if you want MOST OP GUN EVA TROLL LOL Mark 2, you can purchase that just a quick as any booster can.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next