1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 53 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2013 5:10 PM by RenovaKunumaru Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Boosting...
        RunAndGun1

MrAdaptability wrote:

I never commented on whether I thought it was morale or not. That's not relevant to the topic. IW's QA team missed a bug, they launched the game with that bug and paying customer found and exploited it. It's bad form to penalize a paying customer for a mistake you made. A more apt example than yours would be something like this:

Customer purchases a large bag of chips from a convenience store and the bag rings up as a small bag instead. The customer pays the fee and starts to walk out of the store, before they can they get stopped and their bag of chips get taken away by the store manager and the manager demands they pay the proper price for the large bag of chips and then never visit the store again. Why should that customer be penalized because the store's pricing system made a mistake?

That's a horrible example, and doesn't support your case at all. If you buy the bag of chips and you were charged less then it's actual costs, then YOU are consciously avoiding paying the full price. You are stealing. The person ringing up the chips most likely isn't the owner and wouldn't necessarily know that the price programmed into the register is incorrect. Whenever I buy something I always know what I am expected to pay. If there is no priced stamp I ask what the price is before purchasing it.

You are suggesting that it's ok for someone to take advantage of someone else's trust because they didn't call it out. That's the most self-serving and dishonest form of reasoning I've ever heard. You are knowingly taking advantage of a glitch in the game to your advantage without informing the developer. Again, you are consciously cheating. Sorry, bro, your case is being thrown out of court. The handcuffs should be slapped on your selfish wrists.

• 21. Re: Boosting...

Yes, although admittedly I've stopped playing free for all. I enjoy objective game modes more. Regardless haven't seen any evidence of boosting:

Schuesseled Kills Bobby

James Kills Dean

James Kills Dean

James Kills Dean

James Kills Dean

James Kills Dean

James Kills Dean

James Kills Dean

James Kills Dean

James Kills Dean

Andy Kills Mathew

Peter Kills Andy

James Kills Dean

James Kills Dean

James Kills Dean

James Kills Dean

James Kills Dean

James Kills Dean

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Schuesseled

James Kills Andy

James Kills Mathew

James Kills Steve

James Kills Bobby

James Kills Schuesseled

Winner James 60-0, Game Length: 180 seconds.

I hope my extremely long point is well received.

• 22. Re: Boosting...
            rankismet

MrAdaptability wrote:

I never commented on whether I thought it was morale or not. That's not relevant to the topic. IW's QA team missed a bug, they launched the game with that bug and paying customer found and exploited it. It's bad form to penalize a paying customer for a mistake you made. A more apt example than yours would be something like this:

Customer purchases a large bag of chips from a convenience store and the bag rings up as a small bag instead. The customer pays the fee and starts to walk out of the store, before they can they get stopped and their bag of chips get taken away by the store manager and the manager demands they pay the proper price for the large bag of chips and then never visit the store again. Why should that customer be penalized because the store's pricing system made a mistake?

Morality has nothing to do with it.... and it's very apparent you neither understand morality nor software development. EVERY piece of software has bugs. Games are no different.

Actually... you're analogy is not apt yet does illustrate your personal moral code... but not the point.

Here's a real world example of a business software glitch and where the customer is still at fault.

• Bank software has a glitch which doubles the amount of money a customer deposits in their account.
            • Customer knows the balance is wrong... spends the extra anyway.
            • Bank catches the error... fixes the glitch removes the excess funds... and the customer is now overdrawn.
            • It's the customer's fault.

If you are glitching... and you know it... I don't care if life screws you over.

You know you are in the wrong.

You're doing it anyway.

And blaming someone else.

Salty tears are sweet.

• 23. Re: Boosting...
              rankismet

Nope.

• 24. Re: Boosting...
                MrAdaptability

Again I have never stated my stance on the morality of it. You are making assumptions on if I deem any of this  "right" or "wrong". That has nothing to do with the topic. When you're in the business of serving customers, the customer is always right. If you **** something up and the customer takes advantage of it, it's on you not the customer. If you blame the customers for your shortcomings well you won't last long.

• 25. Re: Boosting...
                  MrAdaptability

I never said it was right or wrong, just saying it was not the customers error, but the service provider, therefor the customer is not in the wrong. Pretty simple concept and if you don't understand that then you don't understand how a business should treat it's customers.

• 26. Re: Boosting...

I think the first time you get caught boosting they make it where your XP is negative 400,000 so even if you do boost you have to grind to even be recognized as a legit player. The second someone boosts they should get 10 million deaths and losses and their kills and wins reset and then the third time they do it they get banned permanently.

• 27. Re: Boosting...

some items are locked via level. the dead silence perk can not be unlocked until level 26 is reached.

• 28. Re: Boosting...

Again that is not true. Just because it is there does not make it OK  to do for any reason. It has nothing to do with how a business should or should not treat a customer. The business has rules, the customer broke the rule, the business has every right to punish that customer for doing so.

ie; your a member of a gentlemen club one of the rules is no harassing other members but you never read or agreed to it(claim you didn't know it was there). You go in there and start to harass someone, the gentlemen club toss's you out and does not let you come back. You are at fault, not the gentlemen club for you breaking the rule.

ie' Your a member of a gym.. one of the rules is cleaning the equipment after done so none of your sweat is left on it for someone else to deal with. One day you don't clean the bench(because you are in a hurry) you were just using to lift weights. Another customer complains and gets your membership revoked. It was your fault for not cleaning the bench not the companies.

Just because a bug or glitch is in the software at purchase does not make it ok for the player to use it ever. Doing so blatantly breaks the rules which puts the customer at fault for doing it. The customer is responsible for any actions and use of the software. They are never free from said responsibility just because a bug managed to get in to a finished product and was then used to their advantage.

• 29. Re: Boosting...
                          MrAdaptability

I'm not going to argue with you, I am of a different opinion, we'll leave it at that.