2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2013 12:56 PM by Highwayman0226 RSS

Hardcore Speculation

Highwayman0226

Historically, hardcore game modes have been played at a much slower pace than their core counterparts.  That is, until Black Ops II.  I've always preferred core over hardcore, but due to lag/detection issues in core, my friends and I made the switch to hardcore.  At first, it was a little campy and a slower pace, but over the months, it plays much more like the core modes.  This could be attributed to people being more comfortable with the maps, etc., but I'd imagine quite a few people switched for the same reason we did.  Black Ops II hardcore was much more fun than previous titles' offerings.  I'm excited to see how HC in ghosts will play out.  Will it be the fast paced game that Blops II has given us (thanks in part to people sponging bullets in core) or will it revert back to a dull campfest?

What are your thoughts?

• Re: Hardcore Speculation
          maccabi

i've always actually found hc to be more fast paced than core

• Re: Hardcore Speculation
              Highwayman0226

I didn't play it much in BO1, but out of the 30 matches I played, no one hardly moved.  MW3 wasn't as bad, but there was still quite a bit of camping.  BO2 hardcore is a mix of run and gun and camping, which to me, is a really fun way for it to be.  I'd imagine Ghosts will likely go back to ricochet, which is fine.

Maybe it's because BO2 is the first title I've played much more HC than Core.