8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2013 9:21 AM by DeathBringer-Zen RSS

Extinction Characters

Does anyone know if you will play extinction as one of your customized soldiers, or will you play as a pre-loaded out soldier like in Zombies?

• Re: Extinction Characters
          cubuff37

From what I understand, we are able to customize our own characters.

Call of Duty: Ghosts - The Call of Duty Wiki - Black Ops II, Modern Warfare 3, and more!

Scroll down and it will tell you just about everything that is known about Extinction. It's a very trustworthy site so I wouldn't question its reliability.

affinityXX

OF COURSE OUR CREATE SOLDIER will be playable in Extinction mode!! I hate premade characters and stories that determine the playable characters.  Created Soldier/character > story/premade character.  heck you can have a story driven thing, but still be allowed to use your own created character (like The Elder Scrolls).  But anyway yeah I would flip tables if Extinction mode didn't support created soldiers.     Our own created soldiers are better than premade characters.   Even if Extinction has some kind of backstory to it, it shouldn't rule the gameplay or what kind of soldiers players use.  

If there's premade soldiers, I'm only gonna play that mode once.   It's such a waste of a Create a Soldier feature not being able to use our created soldiers in Extinction mode, that's part of the fun and personalized style.  

cubuff37

I would agree with you 100% but my only problem with using our own created soldiers is that there really can't be a story behind the game mode. I would really like to see a story, especially if its easy to follow (I don't care how complicated the story is, it can't be as hard to follow as zombies). Anyway, it will be interesting to see how IW incorporates a story, if any at all with Extinction.

affinityXX

WTF all stories SUCK!! They get in the way of freedom, they force feed a plot that people don't care for!!  They interfere with things such as level design (which is why most story driven games/modes are so linear and restricting.)

Most people just wanna use their created character, shoot/kill stuff and play with friends.  It would be 10000x better without a story.  Objectives are fine, but stories overdramatize things to sickening levels of soap operaish nonsense.   Even if it's light on story,  it doesnt' matter. 

We know there are aliens,

we know there are objectives to complete,

let players craft their own "story" with their imagination and their own created character instead of forcing premade characters and obnoxious radio/NPC characters in the gameplay that you have to hear every single time you play it.   

Stories have really dumbed down and linearized this industry.    Extinction is classified as a multiplayer mode first and foremost, and it's whole should be its gameplay and freedom of character customization and loadout support.      

Stories just get in the way.     I mean imagine if TDM had a story,  how annoying it would be that the story forces players to use certain characters, and play a certain way.  That sucks.  There's no fun in premade stories. 

I agree with you 100%. There doesn't have to be a story for every single game feature in Call of Duty. These co-op survival modes do not need to be story driven and should only be focused on providing more fun and opportunities for the players to be more creative. The only thing that needs a plot is the actual campaign itself.

cubuff37

Infinity Ward's stories have always been interesting and entertaining. And perhaps you misunderstood me, by saying I want a story "especially if its easy to follow" I was basically agreeing with part of your statement. The problem with zombies is the story is way too complicated and very hard to understand, so what I'm saying is I want a story, but I want it to be simple and right to the point. I don't need a whole novel of confusing events that get harder to understand with every map pack that comes out. So if there's no story, fine... if there is, awesome... but it better be easy to understand.

DeathBringer-Zen

From what I understand, we are able to customize our own characters.

Call of Duty: Ghosts - The Call of Duty Wiki - Black Ops II, Modern Warfare 3, and more!

Scroll down and it will tell you just about everything that is known about Extinction. It's a very trustworthy site so I wouldn't question its reliability.

CoD Wiki!?!

http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/Smileys/custom/pmsl.gif

GulfCoastGirl

STUMPGRINDER_14 wrote:

Does anyone know if you will play extinction as one of your customized soldiers, or will you play as a pre-loaded out soldier like in Zombies?

I played Extinction yesterday and so far there is no option to use a customized soldier, we all played as  pre-loaded characters.  Perhaps there is something that unlocks later on that will allow it, but straight out of the case, co-op mode, on-line, you play as a pre-loaded character.