i had to make sure.
Now seriously, what are you guys going to do about improving wiimote? All you have to do is watch killcams to see how the aim can be all over the place with wiimote and analogue can follow you left then right then up then down without moving off you an inch.
He mentioned earlier that they added some improvements from the "fix list" that we had for Black Ops 2. Though I have to admit I'm very curious as to which fixes were added. Killcams for the wii remote don't reflect what happened at all. It will show my gun going everywhere, aiming way off target, even if I kept it perfectly still and was dead on accurate. The killcams are much more accurate in showing the aim of DA users. They aren't perfect, but they do a pretty good job of reflecting that DA sticky aim thing going on.
Awesome to see another CoD Wii/Wii U Veteran.
1. Will the Wii U version be releasing alongside the PS3/360 versions on November 5th? - Yes!
2. Will Wiimote sniper scope aiming be like in MW3 Wii? Cos that was the best of all the Wii/Wii U COD games. BO2's Wiimote scoping I had trouble with. - Play it on the 5th and let me know what you think.
3. Is the Wii U version ported up from the PS3/360 ones, or down from the PS4/Xbox One ones? - It's not that cut and dry. We developed the Wii U version to deliver the best experience it could be on the Wii U.
4. I swear I'm not being a douche, (I really appreciate the work you guys do) I'm just honestly curious; what part of the development process takes nearly a year of work if you guys have the Wiimote stuff mostly established from previous titles and Infinity Ward make the assets? - there's a lot of work to be done. Not everything translates perfectly. Our first Wii U title was made from Treyarch code. This one is IW's code, so that needed to be readied for the Wii U. That's a lot of it. Then there's GamePad support, Wii Remote adjustments, optimizations and more. While the Wii U is technically considered a port, we don't approach it that way. We work hard to develop an experience that is catered to our unique audience. For example, no other platform supports this many controllers. I'm happy we chose to stick with the Wii Remote for the Wii U. It is a controversial subject on these forums, and I understand why.
5. Why was Ghosts for Wii U not announced until a few months ago? - Treyarch doesn't control those things, that's Activision, so I can't speak to that.
So in regards to your answer about wiimote sniping, you're asking us to test again?
And you're comment about us being your unique audience, wouldn't you agree, even if only to a small degree, you affectively killed that by introducing DA's to a unique console?
You cant really blame them for developing for nintendos primary controller...
You missed my point. Before bo2, you were playing an even field, everyone used a wiimote, you just can't get fairer than that. There was no squible squable about knife lunges, quickscoping, nothing. I've used this anology before, in motogp, you don't have 250's racing 800cc bikes. So why have 2, now 3 different controllers? No one is going to tell me it was to attract a bigger auduence, when a DA user could play on a xbox with full support. That imo was the start of the slow death of the Wii, almost as much as the hacking drove 1000's to other consoles. I just want to know what A_Trey_U thinks, as he calls us their unique audience. I want to know if he believes that or its just a play on words, because the only unique aspect I see of us is how bad we're treated..
I'm not asking you to test anything. I'm asking the poster of the question to let me know what he/she thinks of the sniping controls this time around once he/she has a chance to play it.
We didn't add DA to the console, Nintendo did. We are supporting their system's main controller type just like we did with the Wii.
We've been supporting multiple controllers for multiple titles now, so I'm not sure what you're referring to unless you're going back to Modern Warfare: Reflex.
Again, we are supporting the WIi U's main controller. The only option regarding controllers that we could have considered for the Wii U was dropping the Wii Remote altogether, which is something we made sure was not an option for any Treyarch Call of Duty game on a Nintendo platform.
There's no benefit to me using word-play in this type of forum. I'm here to speak with the community about the game as honestly as I can about the things I'm authorized to speak about. I'm sorry you are disappointed with how you've been treated.