When can we preload ?!

So i wanna get ghosts and my internet isnt the best

so i wanna know when i can preload so i can start downloading

Thanks

Latest reply: on Nov 1, 2013 10:40 AM by Replies: 14 in GHOSTS PC
      zDannnehh
        • Test #1
          Re: When can we preload ?!

I have been pestering Activision and Steam about this very subject. As yet they have not given me the answer. So it's just a case of waiting for the green light to appear. When and where that will be announced is also a mystery to me, as this will be my first digital download on a brand new game. Some other forum members may have more experience and can enlighten us with the right place to look???

Last Edited: Oct 30, 2013 12:40 PM
          • Test #1

Update;

Activision support have replied to me via Twitter and as yet there isn't any official announcement about this. Apparently any annoucement will be made on this website, under the News tab. So I guess it's watch that space!!!

Last Edited: Oct 30, 2013 2:17 PM
            • Test #1

the steam countdown ends at 7-8 pm on monday.

Last Edited: Oct 31, 2013 7:23 AM
              • Test #1

Some of this may depend upon where your purchase Ghosts, but for those that have a good connection, mine is 50/35 Mbps it will only take a matter of minutes to download 20~30GB of data. IF it's a huge concern then purchase the physical DVD, but in my case I prefer the Hardened version which is download-only and essentially the Game + all DLC Maps as they're released (similar to Season pass).

Last Edited: Oct 31, 2013 12:31 PM
                  • Test #1

No, it will be 40Gb according to things ive seen

and asmuch as you want to be able to download things at 50 MB/s a second you cant you are paying for that but youll get about 5-10

but i will be downloading on steam

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 12:55 AM
                      • Test #1

I bought last two CoD through steam and there was a pre-load in both cases. Just 2-3 days before. Be patient, they will surely release it today or tomorrow..

At least I hope or  WE WILL BURN THEIR SERVERS TO ASHES @ LAUNCH DAY !!!!

*EVIL LAUGH*

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 1:17 AM
                        • Test #1

The info that I've seen suggest a pre-load beginning on November 3rd, and yes I've seen the more-less duplicate thread here. Often the Pre-Load is 24-48 hours prior to release and to date, I still haven't seen anything official other than the PS3 (Nov 3 @ 3 PM PST).

Steam is generally one of the tardy sites to download a game (15-30 minutes or longer compared to other sites), and yes I've seen the '50GB' requirements, some list 40GB,' and in contrast BO2 with all the DLC is 21.7GB and BF4 is 23.8GB with no DLC, so Ghosts is some crazy D/L. However, originally BO2 had a 16GB storage requirement. Any D/L is going to be compressed and still fall into the 20-30GB range.

I guess doubling, no tripling the storage requirement to me seemed a little high without DLC.

50GB and each DVD holds 8.4GB (SS/DL) and give it a 35% compression or 32.5GB / 8.4GB / Disk = 3.86 Disks or 3-4-5 DVD's depending entirely on the compression.

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 9:06 AM
                      • Test #1

I spotted this on one of the posts on the Steam forum and on Twitter too; let’s hope it comes to fruition???

1. Joe @Umbra_PC7h

@candyslexia any ETA of PC pre-loading? 

1. Candice Capen @candyslexia5h

@Umbra_PC @Jarsh019 should be available tomorrow 3pm PST

If correct it would mean the pre-loading starts at 10pm GMT!!!    

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 5:43 AM