16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2013 6:24 PM by Desslok RSS

Msmc and PDW repair!

Angloma

Msmc and PDW has serious problems with recoil now , no one is using them , because whe have mp7 and skorpion wich are far better than pdw and msmc , low recoil , high dmc, same range , you screwed up the MSMC and PDW , useless now , high recoil smgs, treyarch you guys need a patch fix , I care about the hipfire spread, but fix the recoil on smgs, serious problem , totally unbalanced

• Re: Msmc and PDW repair!
          phxs72

While I'll agree that the recoil nerfs were unnecessary, I have to disagree that they made the guns unbalanced.  The recoil on the MP7 will actually pull you off target while pinning the trigger.  The MSMC doesn't have this issue.  The PDW does have some difficulty long range but it's helped by burst firing it.  The Skorpion is and always has been a good SMG but it does burn a lot of bullets on those long range shots.  The TTK is short but on a bullet to kill ratio, you'll find the skorpion to be not that effective long range for those concerned about ammo usage.

Megadog14

You cant fix what isnt broken. Hell, i do better with the PDW at long ranges than the MP7.

I like pretty much all the ones stated above.  Only one I haven't used alot is the Chicom and Skorpion.  I stay away from the Skorpion because I personally think its cheap, as close to mid range ( if the person holding it doesnt have tremors) is ridiculous TTK.  It takes the fight out of any good " gun fight".  Just my opinion, should it be nerfed...NO.  Because the amount of people who are actually good with it and work effectively with it is probably slightly higher than the tiny amount of quick scoper's that actually are good.  If it was I wouldn't be upset.  My go to is the MSMC, just because all around it is well balanced and I think I win more gun fights with it, though the recoil can be a bit much sometimes.  Second slot for SMG's probably goes to the MP7, or the Vector, to me they are basically the same gun just the way they shoot is different. ( lower ttk with mp7, but harder to hit at or for long). 

Bottom Line:  Given a map that isn't mostly dominated by long lines of sight( most in BO2 aren't), if I want, or need to go off, I run an MSMC.  I habit I have gotten into is having an AR- usually the Type or M8 as primary, and a bare bones MSMC as my secondary.  And switch them often depending on where you are going.  I mention this because it seems like the bottom line of your post is the patches have affected your ability to use these guns as before.  Try some new things to see what helps you, and know that everyone is affected by it, so its just going to come down to how you adapt to it.

SitRepPro

Are you actually using them within the ranges you're supposed to be?  Show me a video illustrating how far away you're using them.

WKMMS

I think the MSMC is the best SMG in the game, great stopping power, great range, easily controlled recoil - what's not to like?

Angloma

why the MSMC description says low recoil? treyarch must be joking , low recoil is vector and even mp7 not MSMC

WKMMS

Those descriptions were made before the patch to put more recoil on the gun, but at close range the recoil isn't even noticeable.  You will notice it at mid range, but since it's only vertical recoil, it's really easy to manage.  So long as you're moderately accurate and are aiming centre mass your target will be long dead before the gun will have kicked off target.

nicedrewishfela

New Patch Drops 11/5.

NorcalBob

Different attachments work uniquely for each of these SMGs, obviously right?  But the suppressor on the PDW makes it an excellent gun with only the bare minimum recoil and deadly to medium range. Without the suppressor, the gun is tougher for me to use and I seem to lose most of the gun fights.  The PDW does not do well at range so you have to play with it accordingly to get those medium and short range fights.  I am racing to get it gold right now before Ghosts releases so I am in it deep.  Just the PDW and Chicom to gold for SMG Diamond- won't happen before Tuesday. 

For me, the MSMC works fine with just about all set ups.

Desslok

I too feel the PDW needs to be brought up to the level of the MP7 and the Vector and its drawback for its big magazine should be long reloads. I like the gun but its currently weaker than its peers. I cant use the MSMC but I have seen plenty of players who dominate with it so I feel its ok the way it is.