12 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2013 6:23 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

is friendly fire on hardcore going to be the same as b02

Because if it is i will be cancelling my order as i have lived in probation due to pricks running into my fire and sentry guns etc it pisses me off completely and if this game is going to be the same then whats the point as i only play hardcore not pansy mode.

• Test #1
          Re: is friendly fire on hardcore going to be the same as b02

No offence buddy but I have played core and hardcore and hardcore has little to no strategy, it consists of camping and mindless spraying and with the population on hardcore being low I am surprised it will return.

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 10:30 AM
            • Test #1

Whine much?

@OP

I read that wrong so you don't like the black ops 2 system for team killing well it works the best imo.  Friendly fire is HC because that is what happens when you do shot your friendly unless they come up with or have the tech so that doesn't happen than I would understand your point of view.

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 10:50 AM
                • Test #1

Not whining just stating the overwhelming facts Whining is for negative people I am a rather positive person. Hardcore population is lower than others and in its core is more broken, if they tweaked it a little to balance it or make it less intimidating to newer players then it may be more popular. For example and this is just a example have different variants of hardcore like regular health but without hud and less health with hud giving more choice and keeping it fresh.

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 10:44 AM
              • Test #1

It's confirmed as ricochet in this game.

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 10:45 AM
                  • Test #1

Great news.  I am with the OP on this one.  I MUCH preferred ricochet.  Let me pay for my own mistakes.

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 5:24 PM
                      • Test #1

I see both sides. I do. But it is Hardcore. If you take away accountability you take away a big part of the gameplay, and it leads to selfish play... which isn't supposed to be the point of Hardcore.

Allow me to explain. With FF on, you need to be aware at all times. If you are firing, you need to control your fire and not spray uncontrollably. If you are throwing a grenade, you have to know where your teammates are. If you are using a killstreak, you can't just lay it down anywhere. You have to know the map and know where your teammates are, and work with them to coordinate. You take that away, you lose the essence of Hardcore. Do some people abuse that? Absolutely, but with Ricochet there is NO recourse for those who do so.

Ricochet= Selfish Play. You don't have to be aware. You don't have to recognize that teammates are in a cross fire, you can just step in and THEY get punished, not you. You can run unscathed into a teammate's airstrike that they called out repeatedly over the mic.. and THEY get punished.

I have played HC for a long time now. I have played both and adapted to both. I see both sides... and call me sentimental.. but I would love to see HC as it was meant to be played return. Perhaps the Community is too far gone for that to happen.

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 5:45 PM
                          • Test #1

Ah.  You bring back memories of ricochet, and yes, it does have it's downfalls.  I think I am just so overly annoyed with the jerks on BO2.  I've been team killed, so that they can steal my (or the enemy's) care package, more than a few times.  I also HATE when I accidentally team kill someone, and they team kill me as retaliation.  I ALWAYS apologize on chat, when I do so.  Many times their gamertags are blocked, they run into your line of fire, or you round a corner while chasing an enemy and just fire...LOL!!!

I do see what you are saying about "true" hardcore, but after a year of BO2 I am ready to have ricochet back.

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 6:15 PM
                      • Test #1

speaking of this crap lol. why is it that the host on bo2 can team kill like a crazy f*cking moron and not be kicked. hopefully ghosts isnt like this eh. and i rarely get kicked in hardcore when i have played or ive just shot accidentally seeing a friendly or on the odd occasion people get in the way. its gona happen its hardcore "equals friendly fire" it wont be no different so if your not gona order it then dont. but you probably will anyway lol

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 10:58 AM
                        • Test #1

I'd rather hc team kills work like bo2 rather then the ricochet crap that was in MW3.

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 11:10 AM
                          • Test #1

i think IW hates hardcore more then 3arch, 3 gamemodes and the dreaded ricochet instead of 3 TK kick

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 11:21 AM
                            • Test #1

Sad, sad day for us loyal HC fans.

HC players like the OP have really dragged HC down the tubes. Because they can't control their fire... we all have to suffer with the idiocy that is Ricochet. It leads to selfish play and IS NOT HARD CORE.

Its been dumbed down to the level of Core. I guess next we'll have health regen as well?

3 modes. I am hoping more are added upon release and this is a sick joke... but I doubt it.

Shame on IW and all those who were unable to play HC how it should be played because of their selfishness and inability to adjust.

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 12:40 PM