3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2013 3:30 AM by AJLaaksonen RSS

What do you think about the gun balance in BO2 atm?

I personally like the fact that Treyarch has really worked to make Black Ops 2 better but I think the game could use one last Weapon Patch.

Weapon Patch including what?

Well writing this shortly Treyarch has nerfed & buffed Assault Rifles & SMGs, nerfed Remington, nerfed most of the Snipers and nerfed Pistols. And yes they've done other stuff too but these are the things that matter in my opinion about the Weapon Balance in this game.

So starting with the ARs:

MTAR was buffed a lot in one of the patches.

I think it's nice that the developers saw that it was underpowered at the start.

Well, SCAR-H was buffed as well as Type 25.

Those too actually felt ok before the buff.

When I tested the buffed SCAR I thought: 'how the heck I liked this before the buff' but that was because of the noticing the other ARs and how good they are.

Type 25 felt ok before any buffs but man it feels overpowered atm.

AN-94 was nerfed not so long ago and I thought it was a good nerf 'cause the gun really felt overpowered before the nerf.

MAN I'M TOO LAZY TO WRITE IT ALL AND U PROBADLY KNOW PRETTY MUCH ABOUT THE PATCHES SO LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS:

WHAT I THINK TREYARCH STILL SHOULD DO ABOUT CERTAIN GUNS:

MTAR: a damage nerf at a long range and a slight more recoil into it.

Why?  Because there's SCAR & AN-94 which are supposed to be more powerfull 'cause of their high recoil comparing to MTAR, Type or M27 & there are burst & semi-automatic-rifles that are meant to long range fights

TYPE: A slight fire rate or damage nerf and the reason is kind of the same as with MTAR.

M27: a slight damage reduce because the accuracy on this gun is like perfect ( and the same reasons)

THEN SMGs:

I personally feel that after all the patches all of these guns have become maybe a little underpowered BUT

especially I think PDW & MP7 should get a slight recoil reduce, and Vector a slight better damage from a distance.

Then Pistols:

Mostly fine but I feel like KAP is still a little over-powered and I mean the fact that only a shotgun can beat it from a short distance, it just has so great rate of fire & so good damage.

REMINGTON:

Was overpowered at the start but is weird now 'cause still kills from a quite great distance but then u get a hitmarker from like half meter away from the enemy...

AND THEN THE SNIPERS:

Yes, it was ok to nerf them but seriously: U CAN SWITCH FROM DSR TO LIKE AN ASSAULT RIFLE WITHOUT FAST HAND THAN PULL GHE BOLT...

And then :  the hitmarks to arms should be taken away 'cause it's so annoying when a hand covers chest and I get a hitmark cause the game thinks that the bullet won't penetrate..

Now LMGs:

A slight damage nerf from a distance because they can be equipped with lightweight and quickdraw and targetfinder and they have like 100 bullets to waste.

AND FINALLY:

PEEKING BEHIND THE ASSAULT SHIELD IS OVERPOWERED.