Headquarters (Objective Mode)

Hardpoint (Treyarch mode)

Sabotage (Objective Mode)

New Modes:

Cranked (kill mode)

Blitz (an easier CTF mode)

Search and Rescue (New form of SnD) - I do like this one

Hunted (kill mode)

Why would they take out so many objective modes in Ghosts?  Basically Respawn Objective types are down to Domination and Blitz.

• 1. Re: Why take out so many objective modes?

I really hope that hardpoint and CTF be added in an early update for competitive (eSports). I think InfinityWard have not yet realized how important is the competitive community for a shooter game

• 2. Re: Why take out so many objective modes?

Because no one plays the objective in those game modes anymore all they do is spawn camp and spawn kill no one actually plays the objective at all. They should just make a TDM type game mode that requires 150 kills and the spawns are static and they call the game mode here you go spawn exploiters have fun lol.

• 3. Re: Why take out so many objective modes?

Dont forget Grind which is a Kill Confirmed/CTF style mashup.

I think the main reason for getting rid of the old ones was to bring in the new ones in and freshen the game up.

However i dont agree with what they have done completely.

SnR/SnD are pretty much the same mode, just one rewards good team play with respawns, i know SnD was popular but i cant see any other point in having both modes.

For instance, If SnR/SnD are both there, then going by IWs logic, Blitz/CTF should both be there aswell.

Am i right in thinking that other than SnR/SnD there arent any bomb objective modes?

I will add though, i am really looking forward to Blitz and Grind.

Not so much Cranked and Hunted, not really my type of modes, Cranked will probably be a good laugh from time to time but wont be where i spend the majority of my time.

SnR i think is an interesting take on SnD, would be nice to be able to respawn during a round, and i like the way they've done it with the tag collecting system, kind of gives 2 objectives in one mode.

Heres hoping there will be some kind of moshpit where i can try out all the new modes without having to keep lobby hopping.

• 4. Re: Why take out so many objective modes?
                Kon_Artist

Just put S&D and S&R in the same playlist.  Players in the lobby can vote for what they want to play... S&D, S&R, or random.

• 5. Re: Why take out so many objective modes?
                  eleven1181

hardpoint and barebones are the only gamemodes I would to see added

• 6. Re: Why take out so many objective modes?

would like to see hardpoint or hq they seemed a very similar game mode from when I remember playing it

I'm probably in the minority but I loved dropzone but the quickscoping made it unplayable at times

• 7. Re: Why take out so many objective modes?
                      rankismet

gibbs0o0 wrote:

The modes that were in previous CoDs that are not in this one:

Demolition (Objective Mode)

Capture the Flag (Objective Mode)

New Modes:

Cranked (kill mode)

Hunted (kill mode)

Why would they take out so many objective modes in Ghosts?  Basically Respawn Objective types are down to Domination and Blitz.

Outside of Hardpoint (which isn't that high, mind you)... the player numbers are low.

• 8. Re: Why take out so many objective modes?
                        Izjar11

gibbs0o0 wrote:

The modes that were in previous CoDs that are not in this one:

Demolition (Objective Mode)

Capture the Flag (Objective Mode)

New Modes:

Cranked (kill mode)

Hunted (kill mode)

Apart from the low amount of players in them, should be reason enough to remove them. Its a popularity and change thing.

• 9. Re: Why take out so many objective modes?

Pls Include CTF and Hardpoint. Ok if you dont wanna make a public list with those game modes I'm ok with that. But please, include CTF and Hardpoint for competitive modes, like clan vs clan. And don't forget to include them in the LAN mode.

1 2 3 Previous Next