21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2013 10:43 AM by Rockker-1993 RSS

How do you define origins ending?

boybad

A lot of disappointment from a lot of players, im still puzzled about the whole thing...

Feels like they tried hard to have the same cliff-hanger ending as the previous game and failed miserably.  Any of you guys would like to share your opinion on what does the ending actually mean for the future game? To me the game never had a story and little information it did have never made much sense, im sure that the story is not why we love this game.

• Re: How do you define origins ending?
          PeterPanzer903

Disheartening, total sh!t, lackadaisical. It was a dissapointment. As far as having a story goes, if we never had one, and just had, random "theme" maps, it would be fine. But the way they built up this awesome story, only to drop acid and take it way, way out there into left field was irritating. With that being said though, I'm holding out hope for a continuation on the story. What I got from the end scene was that while it MAY be a game the children were playing, it sure made it seem as though something was going on in their world. It's hard for me to believe it was all just a game just because of all the references to parallel dimensions and alternate universes. The whole "my dad has a plan" quote just throws it all off for me and leads me to believe there is, in fact, some sort of problem going on where the children live....we shall see, but to end it with, "oh it was all just a child's imagination", is a cop-out and is a spit in the face to us die-hards.

boybad wrote:

To me the game never had a story and little information it did have never made much sense, im sure that the story is not why we love this game.

This!!!

i laugh about it because it is a masterpiece.

its not die hard zombie players that get spit in the face. it is the ''story hypers'' that get spit in the face. i love it haha

Only story W@W had where some weird nazi expiriments, just kill zombies.

Mr_Spaceman

Cheap.

boybad wrote:

To me the game never had a story and little information it did have never made much sense, im sure that the story is not why we love this game.

That was the thing. There was actually a decent amount of information, you just had to look to find it. And they hid the information quite well in some cases. Because of this, a lot of people tried to theorize what the information meant or would eventually lead up to in the end.

With the end cutscene, however, it seems like they tried to basically retcon pretty much everything. All of that hidden information people searched for, and all of that time spent theorizing what it meant, was basically a wasted effort. None of it had to make sense or be tied together, because the cutscene basically said "None of it was real. BET YOU NEVER SAW THAT COMING!"

Indeed, I never saw it coming. Mainly because I expected better. Then again, BO2 never really kept up with anyone's expectations...

Speaking of expectations... WHERE'S THE DAMN WUNDERFIZZ IN ALL THE DAMN MAPS!? Guess not getting that will be the last bit of disappointment the players will have to look forward to...

Over the heads of most players.

Chucky6661

At least some of us can learn something from this experience, including me, I will not be buying season pass ever Again. Very foolish thing to do for BO2, i probably would have bought nuke town and maybe MotD.

Cheesegrater28

There might not have been a big in your face story, but there was definitely a story for players to find. The EEs, radios, nazi experiments, 115, and little things like Peter's hanging body. While we all loved the gameplay, the hidden story added depth to the mode. If you didn't care about it, you didn't need to know it. But for others, it was fun and rewarding to find and theorize about. And the added depth made it worth searching the map over and over trying to find missing things. Gave a little extra something to do then just kill the same zombies on a new map. In BO, the maps were new and interesting, but it was nice to find out how they fit into the story. And each map added more and more to the story, and as things were added, the story made a little more sense and added new questions.

BO2 was dubbed as a story mode. Yet the story we were given added very little to the story of the previous games, took it in a less interesting direction, and then the ending entertains the idea it's all fake. The ending could mean anything and go in any direction including continuing the same story we have and acting like the cutscene is in someone's head, but the fact it pretends that all the previous story is child's game is an absolute joke. A bad joke that slaps everyone in the face after they played the worst and most disappointing game in the zombie series. Its so bad that I could almost care less where the story goes. Match that with how disappointed I was with the maps and overall gameplay in this game, and I'm not looking forward at all to the next one. Probably won't buy it till after it's release and try to see what it looks like first.

LAZY!!... VERY LAZY

reluctent

Activision could just be looking at this post and laughing, neither Treyarch or Activsion care for anybodies needs, they will just shove trash in our faces and stroke the cash in their hands. No matter how many times people will put up a post about them and treyarch, nothing will change unless you went to see them personally. Trust me, I have been tempted so much to go over there and get my money back, especially after Origins's ending. That easter egg was a back-breaker, and a reward to it all was a stupid 20 second clip that just simply said it was a little kid's imagination. After that I just had a feeling that no matter how much it costs me, I'm going to Treyarch's HQ and taking my money back from those day time frauds.

Jugg3naut510

I felt like Origins' ending could be a hint or something for those Zombie Theorists and isn't what it is. I don't know if I'm going on this deep but that's just what it is to me like, what if the ending is to describe what Richtofen and Samantha think all this is. It could just be a game to them but no one doesn't seem to know. As I said before, this could be something for those who make theories and such.

Cheesegrater28

I Definitely think it can go that route and probably will. Perhaps there is a clever continuation they have in mind that will make that ending seem a lot better then it was. I personally like theorizing with others and seeing what everyone else thinks. We are all usually wrong, and it's fun to be wrong when the story is good and surprising. But its fun to speculate and makes the time pass while waiting.

But the problem I have with the ending is that for me it does the opposite of making theories interesting. It's too vague and too open ended to try and analyze. But worse, it entertains the chance it all fake. Treyarch could very easily just end the story here and start new next time. I don't think they will go that way, if zombies comes back, but the vague ending teasing it's all fake makes me not want to waste my time guessing and speculating. If someone comes up with an interesting idea or finds something new like the alarms in the background are from a specific map or Sam is American because of this, then my interest will be peeked again. But right now, I'm just too let down in the story BO2 gave us and how they left off to try and guess.

formallyKNOWNasLukey

If been thinking way too much about it, and I realised that without the cut scene it's its everyone's happy ending to the end game.

On buried's end game Richtofen makes maxis cease to be and maxis will do anything to join his daughter in agartha while letting Richtofen have he's body back.... In origins maxis goes to agartha thus writing himself out of history.

Where does this leave bo3, well they got a few options...

Option1: it creates a even bigger time paradox

Option2: the same entire story again without maxis or Sam

Option3: they all went to agartha the story begins where the cut scene ends

Option4: the original crew end in the crusades,  which would be explained through the medium of interpretive dance

At the end of the day treyarch are gonna duck it up somehow.