29 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 7:57 AM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

Ghosts Mask only for MALES!?

lotuslady

Hi, I preordered COD Ghosts and got my bonus code for the Ghosts mask, but now it turns out I can only use it on a male character? Haven't I paid just as much as anyone else here? I know I could just be a male character like I've been for the last 4 Call of Duties, but I would be terribly disappointed if COD and Activision advertised the "new" option of being a female, and them give them inferior or less options of customisation.

I really DON'T want to make this about sexism or whatever c*ap, I just want to use the content I paid for and enjoy my game.

And just for the record, I don't like the feminist movement or feminism - never have and never will. I think it's starting to be an excuse to put women first or give them more help/importance instead of promoting actual equality by giving same treatment to everyone.

• Re: Ghosts Mask only for MALES!?

So you mean you're mad because, to play as Ghost, a male character in call of duty, you have to be a male?

Foxhound-Pro

Guys: If you think popping in here and making a sexist comment is funny, then I'm going to ban you outright. Have some class.

xXImikoXx

Wow, guys... How about you put your insecurities over your small dicks away for a minute and acknowledge that this girl has a legitimate gripe?

She paid to be able to use the MASK as a customizable feature, but she's unable to equip it to her character, simply because the character is female. She paid the money for the content, she should be able to utilize it on whatever character she wants; Male or Female.

It's answers like the ones you guys are giving that seriously demean the gaming community and make us all look like a bunch of sexist ********. I'm surprised no one has chimed in with a, "You can play Xbox from the Kitchen?? Hyuck hyuck." joke yet. While we're at it, let me ask you guys another question: How's being single going for you?

EmiliozGunz

Hello Lotuslady,

Just wanted to let you know that the preorder bonus was for just the character "Ghost" and not any sort of customized mask option. I apologize for any confusion. What I can do none the less is forward up your feedback for more available options to customize female characters.

Thanks,

^JG

ATVI Support

i don't understand why it is for the character, it comes under the head section, not the headgear, which in my opinion it should be, same goes with the Ghost mask, which is the season pass reward, the female character customization is limited since the two special items you receive can only be worn by a male avatar.

i think if theres a male version, there should be a female version.

If we get the "character" why do we only get the head?

I recommend checking your facts before posting. I don't care if you work for IW/AT, the description doesn't match with what you actually receive.

TL_Bare_B_V2

In the e-mail I received it clearly states "Call of Duty: Ghosts Simon "Ghost" Riley Multiplayer Character" You got a character for free, Simon "Ghost" Riley is a male character so it makes sense. I could understand your disappointment if we were given an MP outfit but this is not the case.

KTPhoenix

I hate to say this, but you DID receive exactly what you payed for regardless of you wanting it for both male and female characters.

My receipt says this exactly  "To unlock your Call of Duty: Ghost Classic Ghost Multiplayer Character Pre-order Bonus use the following code:"

If you notice the word "character" in the bold. It was never advertised as just the mask. It was always advertised that you would get the CHARACTER. It may "look" like you just got the mask because the only part that shows it is the head, but that is the only way to show you used the code to get the character.

Sorry to say but it wont be female because the character was a male. It is clearly stated multiple times. Once at the pre-order, once while putting in the code and once when downloading. You are told at least 3 times it is for the character.

is the ghost mask avalible only for xbox or for pc too?

So it said you would receive the "Classic Ghost Character". He was a man in MW2 and COD 4, so you were receiving the male character. Also, if you played the past four games, wouldn't you remember who Ghost was?

I Agree. I also pre-ordered for all the extras. We finally get to play as girls but don't get the same stuff as the men. This is not far at all.

KTPhoenix

But the problem with that is, the code is for the CHARACTER, not the mask. and since the character is a MALE, then it only makes sense to have it as a "male only" thing.

Why is it hard for people to understand this? Its got nothing to do with not being fair to female players, its got to do with people not understanding what they are reading and getting upset at a problem that doesnt exist.

nuttin2say

Even though all the responses indicating that "Ghost" is meant to be a male character and not an equipment item ... I gotta agree with the ladies on this one. The advertised premise of the story is Riley's legacy ... while he may be dead, his legend lives on in the elite force borne of that legacy. From that perspective, seeing teams of agents donning the "ghost" mask implies that both male and female members of the "Ghost" legacy are able to don the mask.

It would be a minor addition to the game easily downloadable to all players ... it would also be a massive social statement by IW/ATVI that would probably be very welcomed in the current social climate.

I think the smart thing to do here would be to placate concede to the ladies on this one, guys.

edit - In fact, after re-reading some of the posts, you can spin this anyway you want ... the inability for female players to don the mask is going to be seen as nothing short of pure sexism.

also just take into note when replying she said the "Ghost Mask" not the "Simon 'ghost' Riley mask" that said, i dont see why ether of them cant be used for a female character, but for me this is the least of my issues with this game. but its only fair that females should be able to use both.

nuttin2say

Moraydeath wrote:

also just take into note when replying she said the "Ghost Mask" not the "Simon 'ghost' Riley mask" that said, i dont see why ether of them cant be used for a female character, but for me this is the least of my issues with this game. but its only fair that females should be able to use both.

Hence, I said, "you can spin this anyway you want."

At least we agree that the ladies should have some variation of the option. I'm sorry, IW, but I'm LMAO that this was not thought out. I'm LMAO even more that you guys even have to think about it and get back with the finally recognized, ever over-looked segment of the community.

While I'm thinking about it ... please do tell me that COD: Ghosts has greater racial diversity in the heroes of MP than it has in the past. This is not a political correctness question, this is a reality of market demographics question. The volume of minority players in MP does not require spending a dime on market demographics research. Just play for an hour and it is blatantly obvious.

KTPhoenix

Im sorry but i have to disagree with you. You are putting way too much thought into this and creating something that was not originally there.

This is simple. The code is for the character, not the mask. There is no hidden meaning behind any of this. Simon just happens to be wearing a ghost mask. But the original intent was for the actual character because he was the most favorite character in the MW series and most of the players got really upset that they killed him off so they decided to bring him back as a multiplayer character that way we could enjoy playing with him once again for nostalgic reasons.

That is all it is. Why are you putting more into this than there is? I am not against giving the female players anything, but it is also not the developers fault that some of them dont know how to read and that is what the problem is. It is clearly stated that you would get the CHARACTER, not the mask, and the character is a male. Why is that hard to understand?

I really dont see the problem here. So what if the female characters cant get the "simon" mask? they can still play as HIM if they chose a male character. They still got what they pre-ordered yet they are making a fuss over something that was never advertised to begin with?

KTPhoenix wrote:

It was made CLEAR that the code was for the character and since Simon was a MALE character and NOT a female character, then it only makes sense that only the male characters have the option of being turned to Simon.

Not that I have any particular interest in the topic or the mask for the female character. Even though it would only be fair that the female characters have the same options as the male characters because in reality whether people like or not and whether the admit it or not, it would only be sexist not to be equal. Ambiguity in terms of gender equality is not an option, it would be hypocritical in nature to do so.

Now the funny part. You say it was made CLEAR (all CAPS) the code was for the character a and since Simon yaddah yaddah yaddah... we read that. But then you jump and say the following "then it only makes sense that only the male characters have the options of being turned to Simon"

You see, when things are CLEAR (all CAPS) there is no room for things to make sense or not, they are just they way they are whether it makes sense or not. Your comment ..."then it only makes sense...yaddah yaddah yaddah..."  is what is called an assumption ... You see, the OP lady assumed it would be available for female characters as well.

So, if you can exercise your right to assume, why can't she?  See how equality works? =)

@lotuslady

I'm with you. It's a "head" which, to me, signifies clothing, not a character. If I wanted to wear "Simon's Ghost Mask," it doesn't make me Simon, so maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing to award female players that purchased "Season Pass" the same way as the males if they wanted to incorporate feminine characters to promote female players so much.

McZOMBI

Tina Palacios did say on twitter she would bring it up with the dev team. I guess this is one thing that might get fixed now we have a female community manager.

Kon_Artist

Having a 'female community manager' should have nothing to do with it.  Whoever the CM is (male of female) should listen to their community, which might shock some of you, is not all male.  Personally I would like to see the same options for both and appreciate that fact IW didn't hyper sexualized the female characters like a lot of other games do.

I think female players wearing a Simon Mask would look... well... just bad a$$. I sure hope they follow through with it. Female players that were looking forward to being a female character wouldn't feel so cheated for merely picking a female character. Otherwise, I've been a male character for the majority of my gaming history [which is nearly double the time of average age gamers - haha] and I don't mind making the female character a waste of the developer's time just so I can enjoy the game to it's entirety.

Besides that, we've all been dealing with much disappointments like servers shutting down in the middle of the game, bad spawning/matchmaking/split screen squad teams not pulling from the 2nd player squads, and all types of minor things that makes game time not as much fun as anticipated.

Foxhound-Pro

Putting a lock on this thread since it is essentially spiraling into arguments of semantics. The issue itself has already been presented to Teanah and any response or clarification of the situation is best left to her.

Chief Forum Moderator

Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts