46 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2013 12:01 PM by toolofopiate1 RSS

Who here actually likes the game? Show the love!!!

I think its actually pretty good. All the children whining and complaining about it like they are 5. Its a new COD get used to the maps, how it plays. People never like change I swear.

the customization is very good lots of choices, tons of perks and load outs, i really like that it takes longer to level up.

dying with bullets OMG!!!! Yes you die faster but once again bullets kill you. It should never take 8-10 bullets to kill someone that is just dumb. Very much like Hardcore only its Core. Don't get shot so much!

People have been complaining about the spawns? I read from multiple sources that the game will spawn you badly if you are not staying with your Squad/Teammates. If you are alone with no teammates the enemy will spawn behind you and around the corner and in front of you, this is to curb all the campers...

The sound has been completely re-done very crisp and bassy you can hear everything I think one level I heard bees!!!! i hate bees!! and mosquitoes nice to hear footsteps again!

Graphics could use a patch to make it less fuzzy on PS3 would like an option to install the textures like in Blops 2 so it taxes the blu-ray drive less.

Extinction is actually pretty cool mode its Left 4 Dead + COD + Aliens mixed actually works pretty good. Tho i feel like i'm fighting the ZERG from Star Craft the entire time hahaha.

the game runs a lot smoother than Black ops 2, have not noticed any lag online...

Yes hackers everyone freak out cause you know its the devs fault RIGHT!!!! Wrongggggg!!! the hackers exploited this as soon as it leaked on line get used to it hackers play the game not much to really do about it beside leaving the game the hacker is on perhaps? rather than complaining about them... They will get their due when the patches come tho the hackers are always adapting...

The maps are bigger more open I dig it I do wish Nuketown was on here tho !!!! I guess Skyfall or whatever that dlc map that comes with the game its pretty tiny will have to take its place.

last thing The Honey Badger is my favorite gun period!!! that is all

• Re: Who here actually likes the game? Show the love!!!
          RAMBONER

Good post there fella.  Its the same song and dance with every version of the game.  The last one, which everyone hated at the time, was way better.  When the next bops comes out everyone will say how much better Ghosts was.

Nice to see a thread with some positives in it.  My game is sitting at home and I wont get to play it until I get off of work, eat dinner with the fam and get my kiddos to bed so the guys bit***ng should be happy they are at least playing the game.  Not to mention the folks who cant connect to the servers (happened to me for 1.5 days with MW3).  That really sucks.

i was just sick of seeing all the negative troll posts had to create something less negative!!! I got to play a few hours before work from the little i played I was enjoying it immensely. There is alot more skill required in this as there are less AUTOMATED things to kill people , the majority of the kill streaks you have to aim your self which is nice...

Izjar11

This game is really good, fun, different, I have enjoyed it thus far!

Good post man, I LOVE the game!

I could play the same game for 2 or 3 years, maybe longer, if it was THE first person shooter.  I enjoy playing objectives with friends.  I can see how someone who plays solo TDM needs new fresh stuff all the time, but if we're communicating and playing to win, I just want a game that's smooth and no bull ****.

In MW3, there was so much spam with kill streaks, death streaks, lethal and tactical grenades falling from the sky and horrible hit markers.  BO2 was better balanced and I enjoyed the streaks, but at the end, I don't think I played one game where I wasn't constantly EMP'd or getting some bullshit quickscope (using the software pre-centering aim..).  The lag was so bad, I'd sneak up on guys and after shooting them 5 times get turned on and die.

Ghosts seems to be MUCH more skill based.  You can scope quickly, but it will not center the aim on the target via the software, if you quickscope me, more power to you!  Nice shot.  I've had my screen red numerous times and still got the kill.  I use 18 sensitivity and have gun skills.  Glad to see a lot of people complaining about this, means they were used to the game helping them instead of actually playing good.  I LOVE that you can't scavenge C4, grenades, or tacticals.  I've played about 3 hours and have hardly been spammed by any grenades.  The spawns are great... that is unless you don't care about the objective, then the game punishes you.  Good!  The maps are bigger, but just play Blitz or Cranked and those are fast paced games!  Been using a lot of the 3 shot kill ARs and people die in 3 SHOTS!  I freakin love it!  There is so much customization and options available and new game modes that I'm finding the game the best FPS I've played.  Do people even remember when MW3 and BO2 came out?!  The first few weeks of those games were absolute hell.  This game people are mainly complaining about dying fast (which means the hit detection WORKS), maps are big (less bullshit and better spawns), and there's no SnD when there's the exact same game with a rescue option.  Screw the complainers, it's a smooth game and I'm having fun.

I am really enjoying the game so far also. I like the larger maps also. It just makes the flow of the game a little better, at least for my play style.

I too am really enjoying this game.  I have played cod since cod 2 and I really like the bigger maps with several entry points.  The weapons and perks seem well tuned and I really like how the emphasis has been taken away from the sky and focused more on the ground, brings back fond memories of COD4 style gun on gun play with only a few things in the air.  Anyways, glad to see others like it tired of all the hate on this, have fun guys.

is there no more love to be shown LOL!!! most people are probably playing the game than chatting anyway hahahahaha! come on work clock MOVE IT!

I really like the maps! The maps are awesome. Reminds me of CoD3/4/5

WolfRidge

I think it's great, the maps are big and interesting, played a few games tonight and had some great games, LAG seems a lot better than Black Ops and most games seem well balanced, a few WTF moments but hey it's an online game

ya, i had some great games this morning its always fun to learn the maps , i was straight overwhelmed with all the perks holy god! But it started kicking in i was going 19-3 in kill confirmed! Love me some Honey Badger I earned enough to unlock it such a great weapon.

The one thing that people have not mentioned is the Sound its totally a new engine. You can hear friggin everything on a map , everything is crip and clear and bassy!  Love the enemy footsteps can hear them so good now on my headset!

I'm thoroughly enjoying the game and larger then normal maps.
                              They bring something I've been missing from these games dearly. Diversity.

(Grown sick of tiny maps and constant 'run, gun, I did your Mum' nonsense.)
                              There has been a number of improvements and the larger then normal bullet damage is definitely one of them.

For the time being however, a glitch of some sort has made it so my character impossible to raise past level seven as it doesn't seem to save.

Hopefully whatever this is it'll be addressed soon so I can continue this delight.

I'm definitely happy with the outcome of this game. Good post!

does it have split screen in multiplayer like Black Ops 2?

bullfridge

im loving the game although my first few games last night i got beasted because i am used to bo2 small maps but im actually glad that im struggling means i will enjoy the challenge of the game all that much more, i think the maps look fantastic, the fact that there seems to be no limitations to places you can climb or drop down, opening hatches...standing on a bus while it sinks..(i found out the hard way ) although the mele slows you right down i like how realistic it has become means that the guys just running around stabbing ya in the back are now limited because of the time a mele takes, i have to say i have no real complaints all posititve....apart from my K/D

Chucky6661

Good man, nice to see people taking to the forums too. Say how they like the game! I absolutely love search and rescue, and also the marksman rifles, they are ace,. Definitely different game from BO2. And cranked, absolutely hilarious watching someone run at you then explode xD

Out

I love the game .......the maps are good, I like the weapons, the loadout system is great.......

OK, So I have to admit, so far so good. Ive only played for about an hour and half (mostly domination, to get to know the maps)and maybe witnessed 1-2 questionable killcams....That being said, i dont see much of an improvement in the graphics department (new engine ?) But sound is much better, there is fluidity in character movement and larger maps are a GOOD thing.

I was also victim to a couple bad spawns but generally speaking this game is an IMPROVEMENT from blops2. For some reason i was happy while playing yesterday and not frustrated (reminds of mw2 in a certain way)

The Game is not perfect, but you can see the devs listened to the community and really tried to give us a good game. There are tweaks that i think need to be made in the near future, but not only is the game playbale. IT IS GOOD AND FUN ....

On that note, i am off to rank up and explore the new game modes

add me on ps3:evak_dvs

Jacomofo

I think the maps are perfect size I don't think their to big. And I don't know people are complainig u die to quick I like it better like this unlike in 3arc games where it takes 10 bullets in the head to kill someone...

I really hope that IW doesn't give a knee jerk reaction to those crying and complaining about changes and nerfs after just one day, especially when many haven't even started to play it yet.  Hopefully they'll read all views before making any alterations and keep them to a minimum. I'm actually loving the game. It seems well balanced. Yes I've had what seemed like one hit deaths but I've also had times when I've run away from the battle with a red screen and lived to tell the tale. Spawns and graphics could perhaps do with a little work but they're not game-breakers.  Character movement works well, climbing, jumping and who doesn't love the knee slide! lol  Knifing is also quite well balanced. Maybe those complaining - not all but some - are the ones used to running around hip-firing SMGs on small clustered maps?  This is not a game for that, although there are times for it.  Every playstyle is included and focus is again on gun battles. After being very sceptical for a long time that this could be any better than the rubbish of MW and BOII, I'm very pleasantly surprised for now.  Good job IW!

AUTiger93x

Honestly, my first game I played yesterday, I was shocked.  I wondered how I would ever like this game.  I mean WOW...the maps are huge.  I began to pray that a Nuketown or Dome would pop up as a choice at the start screen.  But as I continued to play, I realized that unlike Black Ops 2, when I was the first to fire in a gun battle, I WON THAT BATTLE.  And I could actually duck behind a wall and get cover.  Is the game perfect?  No, but I imagine Infinity Ward probably put more developmental resources into the Next Gen version.  I think most of you who are hating on the game should just use the PS3 version to get used to the maps...then get serious when the new consoles come out.  I think back to the first few days of Black Ops 2 and how mad I was.  Check out my old posts, I was mad.  I also made many Black Ops 2 sucks videos on my Youtube channel.  Black Ops 2 could have been good if the hit detection and lag comp were like this new game.  Another person commented on here that it shouldn't take nine bullets to kill someone....he's right. 

Schoat333

After the first game I played, I was not really feeling it, but after playing for a few hours, I really think this is the best COD ever. While there are certainly some faults, I just love the way the game feels.

I have to say, this has been the best cod ever. BO2 was just a **** game. Yes, the idea for everything in BO2 was great but it was executed very very poorly.

Ghost loads very quick. The hit detection is amazing. The sound is amazing. You can actually kill people with few bullets. No Lag and the maps? WOW. I was tired of playing every BO2 map where they tried to make it so balanced that it was actually a mirrored map.

I've played COD since COD4, got every COD after MW2 at midnight release and have to say, no regrets I stayed up until 12 and called in sick the other day. Leveling up seems ridiculously slow but its fine as long as everyone is leveling up the same pace.

I have always preferred IW versions of Cod and Ghosts is no exception. COD has been formulaic for a while now and averse to pushing the envelope but Ghosts is fun and enjoyable and the hit detection and damage are a nice break from the 6 hit no kills in BO2.

yes awesome nice to wake up and see the thread lit up....glad to see people are out their that actually like the game ...Now if only i could stop using the honey badger LMAO!

JST2FST

So far I am liking the maps.

I really WANTED to like this game.  The last 2-3 months playing BO2 were starting to get a little boring and I was anticipating Ghosts a lot.  Even stood in line for a midnight launch.

Needless to say I am trying to sell mine on craigslist.  I stuck it out with BO2 and all of it's launch problems.

But Ghosts isn't having launch problems - this is just a terrible game.  I can get kills just fine.  Yea, I get killed often but that doesn't bother me - I'm still trying to learn the maps and weapons, but overall - the graphics are horrid.  Blurry and washed out.  Frame rate is bad and the UI is just boring.

It's a boring game.  There is nothing rewarding about it.  It's just ugly looking.  Ugly looking and unsettling.

I think the graphics are ghost are far superior to black ops 2. To me, bo2 graphics were horrible and too unrealistic (maybe its because its 2025) and the character animations were funny. But its just my opinion.

AUTiger93x

I said this before and I think it holds true.  Why would Infinity Ward really put that many valuable programmers and staff on a PS3 or 360 version of the game when new consoles are almost here?  I can assure you that the CoD Ghosts for the new consoles is going to be Epic!  I can agree that the graphics for the PS3 version are drab and less than desirable...but give it a chance...keep your copy and learn the maps for the PS4 or Xbox 1 version.

Why would they?  Why wouldn't they?  They know people are going to be hanging onto their PS3's well into the next 2-3 years.  It's not like they're strapped for cash anyways.  I realize they built this game for next gen and then scaled it back for PS3 - but it was scaled back into PS2 land. SOCOM on PS2 had better graphics than this

AUTiger93x

Next 2 or 3 years???  You really plan on playing on the PS3 for that long?  PS5 will be in the works by then.  Using that logic, why don't they do patches and new DLC for MW2 or MW3?  Because they just are not worthy of the time or money even if people are still playing them....I read an article on this this morning about game titles released for older consoles during it's last year of "usefulness" are usually not very good.  This happened when PS3 took over from the PS2. 

I'm just saying, a handful of people won't be getting or can't afford the PS4 at launch.  2-3 years might be a stretch, but since COD is an annual game, I can guarantee there will be a significantly large portion of players, a year from now, who will still be on the PS3.  Enough for them to keep the servers running.  Hell, the servers are still up and running for old titles.  They're still getting support.  Maybe not DLC, but they're being supported none the less.

The cynic in me tells me they scaled this back TOO much in order to walk people into purchasing the PS4.   And that just sucks

ok time to pipe in, so as far as the graphics go yes they need to have a texture pack cause spanning off the disc is just bad for drives specially people on phats that are still alive. This will kill their drives or have. So an install option is welcome.

they could do a high res texture pack too this engine is so freaking old!!! and make it sharper and less washed out its like they crank the gamma to some ridiculous levels.

Now the main issue is the business itself. Microsoft throws all this money to Activision to get the exclusivity crap. In doing so they wont tell you this but the ps3 CoD has always looked bad period. The 360 version is brighter crisper its like a different game. The ps3 always gets a shoddy port had Sony thrown money to Activision before MS things could be different. But still us PS3 users still have to wait a few months till the new maps come out and we still do with this new COD.

Now I do think that since MS is throwing all this money to Activision they purposely make the game look better on the xbox simple as that. Now if you guys know COD the original one started with a modified quake 3 engine, this game still uses the q3 engine mind you its heavily modified. The point is there is no reason COD has to look this crappy on the ps3 period.  Now look at Battlefield 3, Killzone 3, Uncharted , Bioshock, Last Of Us etc etc etc hell even Rage which uses Tech 5 which is a heavily modified quake engine. These games run perfect look milllllions times better than COD there is no reason the games should look any different from the XBOX to the PS3 other than MONEY period...

Battlefield 3 did better on ps3 it had exclusive maps before 360, ran better, looked better , its was pretty wild they got it running as good as it did for the ps3. The xbox 360 version was a mess it had a slower FPS, missing effects, sounds, texture tearing etc etc... Now Battlefield 4 which MS threw money to EA this time which they did not before. The 360 version of BF4 is miles better than the ps3 version and MS gets exclusive maps just like COD so once again we will have to wait for any new maps as the xbox guys get it first.

One thing to be aware of is the ps4 version of this and XB1 version are just the PC version maxed out thats it. This game is not NEXT GEN they did not have enough time to make a TRUE next gen COD. Next year is when things will get interesting but I will say this they need to change the engine pronto huge overhaul on everything.

People who keep complaining about missing modes there also missing in the ps4/xb1 versions of the game they are identical except resolution of the textures, and player size. Which they prob cut it down to keep the FPS at a solid 60 this game runs hella smooth ive not seen any slow down at any point. With ground war and 18-24 players it would be a LAG FEST simple as that and it has to do with the new sound engine and all the sounds and ambient sounds there alot more cpu required for this new sound engine.

They would never gimp the current gen there would be no reason to do this, in the business sense they will sell more of ghosts on 360 and ps3 than the new consoles!! 

Patches could fix alot of issues they could at least like in blops 2 release a patch to fix the blurry textures at least make them more clear and less gamma.

I will have to respectfully disagree. I do not care to play like I am looking through a haze. The game is not nearly as clear as Black Ops 1or 2.

Graphically I see little to no improvement to #2.

I gave Infinaty Ward a second chance as I disliked Madern Warefare 3 for the same reason. Shame on me, they will not get a 3rd chance. Treyarchs' mapping capabilities dwarfs what IW is putting out. If I could return the game I would and wait for the next Black Ops.

Great post man..!! Great to see positives. I have several friends who are talking about going back to BO2 because they don't like the large maps or campers having more places to hide. Something to go along with the comment about it taking less bullets to kill people...I like the idea. Sure I die faster, but so do they. i think people have problems with that because, now its not as hard to kill them anymore. People are gonna hate. I like the game. Been playing every since BO1. It is gonna take some getting used too, but so did every other game. They will come out with patches to fix the less than perfect graphics and the lag issues. They always do. So just hang tight COD fans, be proud and persistent. Destroy all campers and quick snipers. They camp and quick snipe because they can't play good with regular weapons and arnt good at run and gun. In short, they SUCK. So they try to compensate for their inadequacies. Its their "Sign". Oohrah COD. Keep up the good work.

I am loving the game still, but the install option is a must for textures my ps3 sounds like like a jet engine! I recommend breaks every 2 hours think of it like watching a movie than take a break, a 8 hours session would kill your drive.