28 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2013 5:24 AM by rlbl RSS

    Can't believe i'm saying this, however....

      This duty is somehow....SOMEHOW...on par, if not worse than, black ops 2. Horrible HORRIBLE spawn system, the majority of the levels are absolute s**t (minus Stonehenge...that level's the best ever), smg's and assault rifles OWN this game, takes forever to level up or create classes, host mitigations and drops are already an issue on, supposedly, dedicated servers, and the killstreaks are almost all garbage.

       

      What. were. you. thinking. infinity ward????!!!!!!!!!!!!

       

      I'm seriously considering selling this game for 50 bucks to someone that wants it. This is the last duty i'm getting.

       

      P.S. the headless chicken mentality has finally come to own an entire duty game. There's not a place to safely snipe from anymore, defensive tactical or lethal equipment can't replenish and any gun can trade freely with snipers now. This game is a solid 3/10. It has very little going for it and i don't see myself getting another duty again unless i literally get wow'd by a future multiplayer video showing a sniper tearing apart another team with almost no deaths.

       

      Dying is not a design choice you should base your game around. Camping makes bad kids cry but that's gonna happen regardless; don't center a game around their childish impressions and what they THINK i SHOULD play like.

       

      This game is done and so am I

        • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....

          I already put my copy up for sale. Honestly, i'll be going to BF4.

           

          Sniping was what I really enjoyed in the CoD series and that's all but been evaporated. Besides having very few, weak perks that allow you to remain hidden, there are no hiding spots for a sniper. Poor map layout in my opinion. The maps are large, but have so many twists and turns and unnecessary clutter that there more of a headache than anything to navigate.

           

          There are too many OP weapons and very little balance between the other weapons (Shotguns and Snipers worthless, BSMS OP, only one viable SMG, etc...

           

          I feel as though the damage overall is too high. You die and kill too quickly, it takes all the fun out of the gun battle that previous games had.

           

          I also think that scorestreaks are very poorly designed, with nothing being too helpful... And don't even get me started on SAT COMS and Field Orders... Absolutely worthless. Really IW? A challenge that involves me teebagging a player? Cmon...

           

          Overall, very poor game so far. I'm sure this was just a fine-tuning release for the next-gen players. Kind of a slap in the face for us players who arent getting the next-gen that got slapped in the face.

            • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....
              Jacomofo

              I Hate haters like these complaining about the game as soon as it gets released its true you won't be missed

              • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....
                robbierocket

                I'm not gonna comment on your full post (or the original thread post) but on one comment,

                 

                "There are too many OP weapons"

                 

                ...this sentence is synonomous with the sentence, "There are not enough underpowered weapons".

                 

                OP weapons is a problem when there are only 1-2 of them and people have to compromise their desired choice to stay competitive, having many powerful weapons means that none are overpowered.

                 

                Perhaps you meant to say, guns kill fast (time to aim and bullet damage combine to make encounters extremely short). If this is your point, I agree. A lot of this however is due to clutter and "surprise" encounters on the maps. Very little can be planned, arranged or calculated. That's where the fixes should be.

                • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....

                  Goodbye to snipers & your quick-scoping.  You won't be missed.  Have fun back at Black Ops.  The rest of us that want a more strategic, game are here to stay. <points to self>.

                • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....
                  half-megatron

                  You wont be missed, I hate folk who complain bout slow leveling when this game is supposed to last a damn year....just leave!!!

                    • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....
                      greencoffin72

                      half-megatron wrote:

                       

                      You wont be missed, I hate folk who complain bout slow leveling when this game is supposed to last a damn year....just leave!!!

                      Yea, for some like me that take forever to level up anyways it kinda blows.  Not that I care too much, I just want to play and have fun.  People need a challenge/goal to work towards.

                       

                      This suits me just fine, so far (I have yet to play MP)

                    • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....
                      rlbl

                      I am seriously liking the game. It is not for everyone of course.  But they cannot make a game to please everyone.

                      • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....

                        if you want to snipe, BO2 is the best thing for that. the game is run entirely on snipers its to the point where its annoying. im glad that this game made them less powerful. more about running around and fighting people face to face. i dont like the squad points system, the attatchments or the score streaks. plus i cant even tell which sight i want to pick because they are displayed for me sideways....WHAT GOOD DOES THAT DO?!!? i also think that there should be a little more health. maps are way too big and does every single map have to be a pile of rubble?! get creative with it like BO2 did and have us fight on a yacht or somthing like that. im tired of every single map in ever IW game be the exact same scenery

                        • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....

                          No one will miss you it's called learning to adapt and last time I checked rushers hated this game and campers loved it so your little rant is misguided you are just mad that it's even playing field because of all the flank routes and hiding spots. The spawns will be fixed next patch probably as for the maps I played them and they don't seem bad at all I like all of them because they feel like I am playing MW2 having to actually learn the maps unlike Black Ops 2 where all you have to do is play the map for 30 seconds and you instantly know it like the back of your hand. The guns seem way more balanced the Black Ops 2 and as for them killing too fast it's called the lag issues that plague Black Ops 2 aren't in this game so when people are aiming at you they are actually getting the shots off. I can't wait until the dedicated servers are used for all lobbies.

                          • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....
                            r8edtripx

                            DrKuhn wrote:

                             

                            smg's and assault rifles OWN this game, takes forever to level up or create classes, host mitigations and drops are already an issue on, supposedly, dedicated servers, and the killstreaks are almost all garbage.

                             

                             

                            P.S. the headless chicken mentality has finally come to own an entire duty game. There's not a place to safely snipe from anymore,

                             

                            Camping makes bad kids cry but that's gonna happen regardless; don't center a game around their childish impressions and what they THINK i SHOULD play like.

                            What game have you been playing? The maps are big. This game is more of a camper's game than it is a run-n-gunners game.

                              • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....

                                no it is not a campers game. most people are invisible with silencers. most of the time, people spawn 2 secs away from you no matter where you are on the map. you cant replenish anything that would help you camp. there are barely any real camping areas. and again, spawns are so bad you're never safe anywhere ever. this game is made for running the way it is now.

                                  • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....
                                    r8edtripx

                                    Sannji wrote:

                                     

                                    no it is not a campers game.

                                    BO2 with small maps, and Ghost Perk only working for those that move, is more of a run-n-gunner's game. So, I'm still going to go ahead and say, Ghosts is more of a camper's game than it is a run-n-gunners game.

                                      • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....
                                        Firesens

                                        Not really, every map is big yes but you can barely camp when every spot has 23 different flanking routes and the only camping spots are like 3 on every map. Also the maps are too large for 6v6.

                                        • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....

                                          are you kidding me? betty + shockcharge + scavnger = unlimited camping. also target finder + fal.

                                           

                                          cmon these maps don't have camping rooms and barely any chokepoints.

                                            • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....
                                              r8edtripx

                                              Sannji wrote:

                                               

                                              are you kidding me? betty + shockcharge + scavnger = unlimited camping. also target finder + fal.

                                               

                                              cmon these maps don't have camping rooms and barely any chokepoints.

                                              Easy to hardscope on a big map with all the UAV protection in the world. A camper has to come out their spot to scavenge. Target finders were definitely nooby, but cold blooded took care of that.

                                               

                                              At the end of the day, I WANT you to be right. I am not a friend of the camper. I just can't agree, and feel that people are camping it up more in Ghosts. Some have suggested it's because people aren't used to the maps. Time will tell.

                                                • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....

                                                  Here's why you're wrong: I camped like a motherfudger in BO2. Not corner camp, but take for example my favorite map Standoff. Take the 2nd floor of center house, look out window with target finder. Betty on the first floor, shockcharge right by the stairs. Kill people outside window easy, first person runs in gets killed by betty, 2nd guy gets hit my shock, I turn around kill him, scanvenge his crap, do it all over again. Got me Swarm using that tactic 4 times. And you can basically do this in almost all the maps because they rooms only had 1 or 2 entrances. These maps don't have those kind of places. Any good lookout area is either open or has a ton of entrances. And you can replenish. So the chances that you get hit from behind while youre scoping out of a window is much higher.

                                                   

                                                  If anything, the more I get used to the maps, the more I will try to find places to camp....

                                                    • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....
                                                      r8edtripx

                                                      Sannji wrote:

                                                       

                                                      Here's why you're wrong: I camped like a motherfudger in BO2. Not corner camp, but take for example my favorite map Standoff. Take the 2nd floor of center house, look out window with target finder. Betty on the first floor, shockcharge right by the stairs. Kill people outside window easy, first person runs in gets killed by betty, 2nd guy gets hit my shock, I turn around kill him, scanvenge his crap, do it all over again. Got me Swarm using that tactic 4 times. And you can basically do this in almost all the maps because they rooms only had 1 or 2 entrances. These maps don't have those kind of places. Any good lookout area is either open or has a ton of entrances. And you can replenish. So the chances that you get hit from behind while youre scoping out of a window is much higher.

                                                       

                                                      If anything, the more I get used to the maps, the more I will try to find places to camp....

                                                      LOL! Camper and proud! Sorry, not a camper fan. ...but it's all good. So at least you should be happy you got your stealth back. I thought Treyarch's Ghost perk was absolutely brilliant!!

                                                       

                                                      I'm surprised the betty and shock charge worked so well for you. I, like many, used to run Engineer and spammed EMPs like crazy. ...I guess this is one of the reasons I liked Black Ops 2... it worked for me.

                                                       

                                                      Well it looks like I loved Black Ops 2 because it worked for me, and you loved it because it worked for you. I guess we can always hope for something great from Treyarch again next year.

                                                       

                                                       

                                                      ...still don't agree with you about Ghosts though.

                                          • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....
                                            Firesens

                                            I knew this CoD wasn't going to be good, and I agree with everything you said. But I'd give this game a 1/10.

                                            • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....

                                              So, it takes a while to level up and you can't camp in a spot with claymores at every door and a sniper in hand? Oh, poor you.

                                              • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....

                                                When they fix the spawns this will be anyone's game not just campers or rushers thank god it's annoying when they are the only people getting catered to.

                                                • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....
                                                  Ascension-Xx

                                                  Are you guys, thick, retarded or trolling? this game clearly has zero places for camping as every room has 2 or more entrances.

                                                   

                                                  Some rooms have more than 3 entrances. The only camping spot I've been moderately comfortable with (but still cautious) is a bush in prison break.

                                                   

                                                  If you've been shot by a camp then you're either lagging or trolling.

                                                  • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....

                                                    My gripes:

                                                     

                                                    - No mute all function and thus far no ability to mute in a game (i dont want to fuss with each person in the lobby)

                                                    - Lots of fake COD guns that don't exist.

                                                    - No spot checks...TAC-12 isn't what it is. This is a picture of a UTS-15.

                                                    - Instant kills basically as mentioned above driven by poor spawning.

                                                    - Sniping is useless as mentioned.

                                                    - Thus far no interactivity to destruction of the level.

                                                    - Still no interactivity with vehicles

                                                    - Cartoon graphics

                                                    - Little thought on map design as far as im concerned. They just seem cluttered.

                                                    - You get bounced back to the lobby screen when you are trying to configure your load out or even invite friends to the game randomly.

                                                    - I could go on, but that's neither here nor there. Some people are going to love the game, others won't. I am in agreement with the OP and would love to get my money back on this and get battlefield instead and keep playing BO2 instead.

                                                      • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....
                                                        robbierocket

                                                        Your gripes:

                                                        my responses:

                                                         

                                                        - No mute all function and thus far no ability to mute in a game (i dont want to fuss with each person in the lobby)

                                                        push START button when in-game (plenty of time during countdown) and push X button on "Mute all except friends"

                                                        - Lots of fake COD guns that don't exist.

                                                        the game is fictional + set in the future, perhaps your gripe is simply the game's setting

                                                        - No spot checks...TAC-12 isn't what it is. This is a picture of a UTS-15.

                                                        fair enough, though the above comment is still relevant

                                                        - Instant kills basically as mentioned above driven by poor spawning.

                                                        agreed that deaths are fast (the spawn issue should be treated separately, even though it exacerbates things, it needs some independent patch work), I would criticise aim-asisst and enforced close/surprise combat due to clutter in many maps

                                                        - Sniping is useless as mentioned.

                                                        sniping in its purest form has been redundant throughout the CoD series (although MW1's campaign featured some classic sniping on the mission "All Ghillied Up", in Ghosts things appear to be close to recent CoDs and the blight of being exposed as a sniper is simpy being exposed as a player, each position has multiple approaches and sight lines

                                                        - Thus far no interactivity to destruction of the level.

                                                        yes, this always appeared to be a half-arsed gimmick to plug a hole (of game interaction) rather than anything else anyway, I'd forget this fast

                                                        - Still no interactivity with vehicles

                                                        yes, aside from some streaks, there's nothing approaching BF or GTA in CoD, for sure, I think there was a reason behind this, "if we can't do it right, perfectly, if it doesn't improve things, leave it"

                                                        - Cartoon graphics

                                                        do you mean the patches (for soldiers)? They are cartoon-like, yes, or do you mean that you think that the graphics are poor or disappointing, simplified perhaps? I think the graphics on PS3 are fine, I'll comment on PS4 soon

                                                        - Little thought on map design as far as im concerned. They just seem cluttered.

                                                        most are, not all. I'd say the maps can be rated thusly: busy, cluttered, very cluttered, über-cluttered, ultra-cluttered, mothercluttered, that said, at least with the map-size on most you can find the least cluttered and most open spots to play there, if you choose - something that is not an option in MW3, BOII or game supporting packed micromaps

                                                        - You get bounced back to the lobby screen when you are trying to configure your load out or even invite friends to the game randomly.

                                                        never had this, you should make a new thread and put all details about this event and situations when it occurs, they can patch this stuff!

                                                        - I could go on, but that's neither here nor there.

                                                        well, had you gone on, it would be here, and now (because you haven't) it's there (with you instead)

                                                        Some people are going to love the game, others won't.

                                                        I don't love it yet, but it has potential and having addressed connectivity and map-size it's already a mile about BOII and MW3, now they can focus on issues like spawning and others, perhaps one you have mentioned

                                                        I am in agreement with the OP and would love to get my money back on this and get battlefield instead and keep playing BO2 instead.

                                                        well, you were motivated to write this response, so put your motivation into getting your money back, or partially doing so, I'm sure you are resourceful enough to get yourself BF4


                                                        Appreciated your comments,

                                                        RRocket

                                                      • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....

                                                        honestly i prefer the ranking system in this game i was max prestige in black ops 1 and 2 far to quickly and the game became very boring very quickly also try to remember that the game is almost brand new so their will be things they need to tweak and bugs to iron out im not gonna sit here and say its the best cod yet as i don't think it is but can see it lasting me the year thanks to new rank system.

                                                         

                                                        as for the guns each gun i find has its own good and bad quality's and yes some are powerful than others doesn't mean they are over powered think you have just been expecting something that wasn't delivered and now you angry

                                                        • Re: Can't believe i'm saying this, however....
                                                          biron_w

                                                          I like this game. It's better than both MW3 and BO2.