16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2013 5:39 AM by LifeSong1 RSS

Ghosts and Elite

jlsmith6895

Why could Ghosts just not be included in with Elite? Clan and Game stats

• Re: Ghosts and Elite
          mazematik

Call of Duty ELiTE will slowly faze out in early 2014. Support for games like Black Ops, Black Ops II and Modern Warfare 3 will gradually disappear (player/clan stats, level, challenges, operations...).

The new Call of Duty ELiTE will be called Call of Duty (App) and it will be mostly an app only available on smartphones, tablets and in the game. It's now fully integrated within the game and one will be able to do anything he wants from the game (create/join/manage a clan...).

LifeSong1

There are a number of reasons why they didn't just upgrade Elite. For one they freed up all the clan names they were not being used anymore. Secondly they made it where all PlayStation and Xbox clans are now all under one system and thus they had to separate it in order to avoid naming conflicts.

As for those of you having issues with the app especially on Android you can sideload the APK file which installs the app without using the Play Store. If it works you will be able to use the application. If not you will likely need to use an Android emulator. See number 2 in the thread below:

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200791062#.UnrWZpDnYiE

mazematik

LifeSong1 wrote:

There are a number of reasons why they didn't just upgrade Elite.

I'm aware of these reasons and I understand/respect them BUT they should allow clans to keep their past progress in MW3 and BO2 shown in ELiTE.

As the new Call of Duty App expands, it will replace Call of Duty ELiTE and this one will slowly faze out during 2014 taking away everything a lot of clans like mine achieved and unlocked (clan level, unlocks, awards, stats...).

THIS is unfair and not respectful towards loyal fans like me, my teamates and all the clans who worked as hard as we did since MW3. A lot of us bought the ELiTE Founder membership, the Premium membership (required in order to participate in challenges and operations), Season-Pass, DLCs...

This is one of the biggest letdown I've seen in many years...

LifeSong1

Let me make you a shameless plug. My site allows you to track your past progress (MW3, BO2) as well as your new progress in Ghosts (still working out the details on tracking XP). http://www.codcp.com

I understand your frustration (I have experienced it as well) and it is frustrating though I can see it from their standpoint as well.

realjoker

Am sorry but some one else needs to run activision and infinity ward. So they would rather have a phone app and not a website. What the hell are these people thinking. No one is going to waste their time on the phone to play with some silly call of duty app.

When gamers play, they mostly have their pc or laptop next to them with their tv and their console. We can play games while also on the pc and laptop aswell. And we don't even have to drop the controller. So why would we make our life more complicated by using our mobile phone.

Why can't they also build on the elite, it already has a ps3 app. build on it. Who makes these decisions, some bunch of old men who don't even play console game and if they do they only play for 10 minutes. How can they understand what we want?

Thank God for Titan Fall because it seems like only the original call of duty developers understand creativity and what gamers need. Is Titan Fall a call of duty killer? HELL YES.

Activision and infinity ward, feel free to keep pissing us off, the same way everyone ran from Xbox one to the PS4 will be the same way we will all run to Titan Fall.

I have to agree.  Completely boggles me that they would move away from Elite.   Really disappointed in this decision.  They just threw a huge contributor to loyalty out of the window that some stupid phone app will never replace.  Will definitely give Titan Fall a try.

mazematik

WOW! A HUGE THANK YOU MY FRIEND!

I just created my clan page on this website of yours and it's working very well! We got all of our stats from ELiTE like a charm and I'm even looking forward to buy a subdomain!

You wrote "My site allows you...", are you responsible for this site? Did you create it?