20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2013 9:33 PM by Treize RSS

hows the aimassist.

read top. i saw how quickly people were droping, everyone dies like its nothing. now with strong aimassist it comes down to who fires first wins, thats it, no form of skill except tactical play. without aimassist we still have a distinct skill factor, it doesnt even truly matter DA/wiimote with that high of a speed, if your sights were on him at all chances are he died, so just tell me aimassist is low.

please have weak aimassist.

• Re: hows the aimassist.
          Treize

I second this, from the killcams I've seen in the gameplay vids it looks like the snap on aim assist from BOII is back.

smashbrolink

I used the gamepad for BO2 on the Wii U, and the aim assist was never so much that it made killing an effortless endeavor for me, so I don't know what you're getting at with that comment...

Treize

It was pretty well researched that BOII had some, if not the strongest aim assist in the series where as long as the center of your hip fire crosshairs was in close proximity of the enemy, the game snapped onto the target like it does in single player mode. Or if you're near a target ADS, the game literally pulls you to the target if they're behind cover.

smashbrolink

I've noticed it follow a target on occasion, but it never followed strongly enough to give me spot-on aim.

I missed a lot, and still do to this day.

Maybe it's because I'm so used to manual aim that I pull against the auto aim without realizing it or something, which disengages it early?
                      That's the only thing I can think of that would make BO2's aim assist not as noticeable.

Also, keep in mind that I don't use the Wiimote, if that makes a difference...

bughunt

The Wii U devs have no authority to modify the dual analog aim assist when it is ported over from the XBox 360.  I think that all they were able to do for Black Ops 2 was adjust and tweak the aim assist for the Wiimote to try and find some balance.

There are videos on Youtube of Xbox 360 players complaining about the aim assist being too strong and demonstrating how it was even causing problems.  One video I saw was of a player trying to shoot a Sticky Shocker, but his aim was being pulled all over the place due an enemy running on the other side of the wall and another enemy that hadn't yet come around the corner towards him.

When you have players of the primary platform that the game was built for (and that only has one controller) complaining about the aim assist, then you know it's a problem.

when did AtreyU say this?

bughunt

I seem to recall it being said once when complaints were made during the early days of Black Ops 2 and then again just recently, I think.

I'll have to try and find it to quote it, but it was something along the lines of not being able to make changes since they can't have the core of the game vary excessively between platforms.  They are only to port the game code, port the main patches and work on Wii U specific problems and patches along with optimizations for the Wii U.

Before the forum change I would have been able to grab it from his profile posting history, but I can't find that with the new forum.  Hopefully A_Trey_U will be able to verify this and/or clarify it specifically.

i do remember saying something similar based on impressions i got from what he said and the game itself, though i wasn't talking about gameplay. also aim assist balance IS A WIIU SPACIFIC PROBLEM.

bughunt

Unfortunately I think the whole DA aim assist is part of the core game and the Wii U team isn't allowed to modifiy it.  I think they have to wait for changes to be made by the primary team.

It goes without saying that the DA aim assist needs to be tweaked along side the Wiimote in order to reach the right balance for both controllers.  I would have assumed that they would be given some wriggle room to achieve that.

Only A_Trey_U can actually say if they truly are allowed or not.  Hopefully he can comment on this.

one of many managment issues with COD. i would love to see a 3rd team get thrown in, but that probly wont happen till later when COD is a shell of its formor self.

ps if you get the glitch were there is 1 big box andn a smaller box bellow it to type, type in the smaller box, otherwise your post wont even show up.

bughunt

I understand why they have the restrictions but I feel they are a little too...restrictive.  It hampers the optimizations that they could do   Balance is essential.

Ahh, thanks for the tip.  I have gotten that a few times but just cancelled, refreshed and tried again lol  I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks.

WiimotesRus02

smashbrolink wrote:

I used the gamepad for BO2 on the Wii U, and the aim assist was never so much that it made killing an effortless endeavor for me, so I don't know what you're getting at with that comment...

Maybe you just thought you were a good player. Quickscopers proved its way too much in bo2

smashbrolink

I'm nowhere near that arrogant, I hope.XD
                                        No, it's simply that I've never noticed a strong pull from the aim assist in BO2 on the Wii U.

I've run through enough matches where I could be ADS right as someone comes around a corner and the aim assist didn't kick in, to feel that it wasn't that strong.

But that's just my experience; I'm not saying everyone else is wrong or anything.

mess around with the setting, i guarantee you will do worse with aim assist off, it will probly force you to turn your sensativity down simply to hit the target. It was very noticable when quickscoping.

Spacious_Fissure

I can say from what I've seen Wii remote acog sniping is just like MW3s or even more OP/cheap.

I was playing sovereign this guy insta one shotted me across the map. In the killcam we was walking around pretty clueless and the acog scope went straight to me in a almost robot motion.

As for the DA it doesn't have that much AA comapred to BO2 which had quite a bit for a CoD game.

nintendon't

Feels weaker to me compared to BO2. I'm just glad it's not at MW3 CCP levels, that was just awful.

Treize

Please MW3 was just right because you had to work for your kills in that game and not just ADS for free kills like in BOII.

nintendon't

It's hilarious how you're convinced that you think you know what you're talking about.

Treize

And it's sad that you gull yourself into thinking that MW3 didn't strike the balance in Aim Assist.

Of course you've always wanted to marginalize and destroy the wiimote fanbase for whatever personal motive or believed sense of self righteous indignation, without caring the about repercussions or the damage it wold cause to the community. So it's not like any rational person who cares for the series on the Wii/Wii U should take you seriously.

MW3, is eather just right or a little low for DA, instead they ****** up wiimote balance in that game. but aim assist being weaker is definetly a good sign,

so things are in favor of me buying this, so i have a wiimote COD to play that doesnt suck, wish i still had old wii BO at times like that, was stuck with PC MW2 as the good COD to play.