34 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2013 7:28 PM by zbare Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Call of Duty: Ghosts has stopped working

When I try to open the singleplayer of the game I get that message (Ghosts has stopped working) and it doesn't start. When I try to open multiplayer I get no such error, it looks like I play (my avatar on steam gets a green border) but after several seconds it goes blue again and it looks like nothing has happened. I've tried verifying and reïnstalling a couple of times now but it doesn't seem to work, also I've tried to run as admin (both steam AND ghosts). What now?

My specs should not be a problem, that has already been checked.

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts has stopped working

i have the same problem to!

You probably have DxTory running on the background. If you have DxTory or even FRAPS the game will crash... It's an awful game on PC....

I have the same problem to....:(

Im also receiving this problem, when I click on the problem details this comes up.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: iw6mp64_ship.exe

Application Version:

Application Timestamp: 527774ad

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247

Fault Module Timestamp: 521eaf24

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00000000000508c5

OS Version: 6.1.7601.

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 191d

Additional Information 2: 191d5445a64720139c42144958b5d1c3

Additional Information 3: fb22

Additional Information 4: fb229a9936de9c33aff0823a2cb24986

I have also gone through the process of checking my system against the minimum requirements and I can run the game.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

DXTory or FRAPS are not running! I've seen those messages as well and of course I've already followed those, it is still not working!

same problem. my pc should be able ro run this easily, i dont have any recording apps running and i am using windows 64 bit. pls fix

Just found this page, dunno if it might help some people

#1 – Call of Duty Ghosts 6GB RAM Fix
                      Minimum requirements of the game explicitly ask you to have 6GB of Ram and 64bit OS. If you do not meet the requirements, you can use Steam006***8242;s game fix that removes the RAM limitation from the game and allows you to play the game even if you do not meet the minimum requirements.
                      You can download ‘Call of Duty Ghosts Ram Fix by Steam006***8242; and start playing. Exploit was developed by member of the Russian underground hacking group ‘CS.RIN.RU’. Use it at your own risk.
                      It’s basically a game fix, not a crack. It allows your system to use all the RAM that is available. It may or may not work for you but is worth a try since it has worked for majority.
                      #2 Call of Duty Ghosts FOV Fix – How To Change
                      You might be surprised seeing how the game doesn’t offer any option to set FOV of your choice. I initially suggested using the community developed tool Fovely to change the FOV as you desire but since the reports of getting banned, I have removed that fix for now.
                      I will look for any other work around and If I come across one, I will share it here. If you know any other way, do let us know in the comments.
                      #3 – Call of Duty Ghosts Stuttering Fix
                      Applications with in-game overlay are known to cause stuttering in Call of Duty: Ghosts. Disable Fraps (If you have it installed) and Steam in-game overlay Make sure you have capped the frame rate in options as you may be trying to play the game at frame rate that your monitor can’t handle.
                      Alternatively, you can set the process priority to normal. By default, priority is set to high, which may be the reason for all the stuttering in game.
                      #4 – Call of Duty Ghosts Flickering Fix
                      If you are running the game on SLI or crossfire config, you might experience certain parts of your weapons (Attachments – silencer, scope) flicker a bit. To fix that issue, you will have to run the game on single card settings.
                      #5 – Call of Duty Ghosts Random Freezes – How To Fix
                      If you are experiencing random freezes while playing Ghosts, you should download the latest 331.65 Game Ready WHQL drivers from Nvidia to resolve the issue. They are optimized for Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts so they should solve any performance-related issues you might experience.
                      #6 – Mouse Sensitivity/Acceleration Fix
                      Games that do not use raw input experience mouse sensitivity issues on Windows 8.1. What you can do is work with the following workarounds until an official fix resolves the issue.
                      Make sure that ‘Enhance Pointer Precision’ is not set to ‘ON’ in Control Panel > Mouse.
                      Make sure that your mouse software doesn’t have ‘Acceleration’ set to ‘ON’.
                      If things don’t work out, try reducing the ‘Polling Rate’ of your mouse using its software. Reduce the polling rate to 250Hz or 125Hz to fix the issue.
                      #7 – Failed to Start Game Unknown Error
                      Make sure you are running the game at 64 bit OS with 8GB Ram installed. If you try to run the game on 32 bit system, you may encounter this error.
                      #8 – Call of Duty Ghosts Performance Fixes
                      If you are performance related issues while playing Ghosts, you can try the following workarounds:
                      Turn off Terrain Detail (Basically turns off Tesselation resulting in performance boost).
                      Turn off Depth of Field and Motion Blur
                      #9 – Fixing Steam in-Game Overlay
                      If you have Fraps installed, you may have to uninstall it if you want to use Steam in-game community overlay.
                      #10 – Improve Graphics on Better Rigs
                      If you have a good enough rig that can presumably play Call of Duty Ghosts at max settings, you shouldn’t allow the game to set the options automatically as it up-scales the graphics from a lower resolution to achieve 60 FPS.
                      You can easily fix it by playing around in graphics settings. For example setting the image quality to extra and changing aspect ratio from auto to aspect ratio of your monitor drastically increases the graphics quality in these cases.
                      By doing so, you will be able to get rid of the blurriness.
                      #11 – Call of Duty Ghosts Lag Fix
                      If your lag is not related to your internet connection, setting priority to normal may do wonders for you. If your game is not running smoothly you should open your task manager, go to the ghosts process and right click on it to set priority to normal.
                      #12 – Call of Duty Ghosts Crashes – How To Fix
                      If you are experiencing random crashes while playing Ghosts, you should download the latest 331.65 Game Ready WHQL drivers from nVidia to resolve the issue.
                      Update to latest AMD beta drivers might somewhat fix this issue for those running the game on AMD cards.
                      #13 – Call of Duty Ghosts Low FPS Fix
                      Currently the game is experiencing a bizzare memory leak which for one reason or another is causing random freezes, stuttering, FPS drop and other performance related issues. Workarounds to somewhat fix it are:
                      Closing all background applications like Fraps/Dxtory.
                      Running the game processes on normal priority.
                      #14 – Game Has Stopped Working, Menu Contents Not Available
                      If you come across these two issues, you should verify the game cache. If you experience the same issue after verifying the cache, make sure you do not have Fraps or Dxtory running in the background. Those two programs seem to have a beef with the game and may result in random issues like this.
                      #15 – Memory Leak, Freezes, Stuttering, Lag
                      Call of Duty Ghosts is currently plagued by a serious memory leak that may cause random crashes, freezes and stuttering for even the high-end PCs.
                      Best is to use the optimized drivers from nVidia/AMD and wait for the developers to fix the issue. You can do try to improve the experience by running the game process at normal priority.
                      If you come across any other issue in the game, comment and we will try to help you out!

Hey everyone,

For the purpose of our records, can you post your computer specs? Also, have you tried verifying your game cache? You can do so by doing the following Verify Game Cache Files (GCF) - How To's - Knowledge Base - Steam Support . Let me know if this helps!

ATVI Support

Same problem here

Same problem. Just the generic "has stopped working" popup with no details. This occurs in windows 8 x64 system w/ 6gb ram. Both single and multiplayer

Any more help on this? How long do we have to wait until we can actually play this game?

When i tried to join a multiplayer game, it suddenly came up with the error message "Call of duty: Ghosts has stopped working". I tried Verifying the game cache which i thought helped, since i could play 1 game and i was playing the second when it came with that error again. I lowered my graphics and such so the game looks like **** (BO2 works on full settings) so i don't know what is left to do, i think it's kinda bad for such a big company, that so many people get the same stupid error.

today , after the update i can't lauch my COD GHOSTS Multiplayer , always appearing the same error .

Assinatura do problema:

Nome do Evento de Problema: AppHangB1

Nome da aplicação: iw6mp64_ship.exe

Versão da aplicação:

Carimbo de Data/Hora da Aplicação: 527b473c

Assinatura de Bloqueio: e101

Tipo de Bloqueio: 0

Versão do SO: 6.1.7601.

ID de Região: 2070

Assinatura Bloqueio Adicional 1: e101f66907d4255a8c6a3de2a7d5803e

Assinatura Bloqueio Adicional 2: 9921

Assinatura Bloqueio Adicional 3: 9921a2180cd8a0cf16f908683c3e6daa

Assinatura Bloqueio Adicional 4: e101

Assinatura Bloqueio Adicional 5: e101f66907d4255a8c6a3de2a7d5803e

Assinatura Bloqueio Adicional 6: 9921

Assinatura Bloqueio Adicional 7: 9921a2180cd8a0cf16f908683c3e6daa

i tried verify game cache files but nothing , continue the same .

someone know how to fix this '

Ok i bought this game yesterday and was on chat with activision i am running win 8 x64 i5 quadcore 3.8 ghz processer 16gb ram and an nvidia gtx295. i was getting the same error couldnt launch the game. they sent me to http://systemrequiremetslab.com/cyri and i ran the test for cod ghosts and everything passed even my gpu except 3 little things in my gpu: pixel shader, vertex shader and onboard ram. it needs 5.0 on both shaders I was at 4.0 and 1024 ram i was at like 868. so i bought a gtx 650 today and i was able to play the single player campain. i finished that and was gonna play multiplayer and now got the same error again and have no idea what happened.

After the update today, still doesn't work, both single and multiplayer, here is the error log. BTW, Win8 pro 64, 8gb ram, ATI 4890,

Sig[0].Name=Application Name

Sig[1].Name=Application Version

Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp

Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name

Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version

Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp

Sig[6].Name=Exception Code

Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset

DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version

DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID

DynamicSig[22].Name=Additional Information 1

DynamicSig[23].Name=Additional Information 2

DynamicSig[24].Name=Additional Information 3

DynamicSig[25].Name=Additional Information 4

UI[2]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Ghosts\iw6mp64_ship.exe

UI[3]=Call of Duty: Ghosts has stopped working

UI[4]=Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

UI[5]=Check online for a solution and close the program

UI[6]=Check online for a solution later and close the program

UI[7]=Close the program

LoadedModule[0]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Ghosts\iw6mp64_ship.exe

LoadedModule[5]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Ghosts\steam_api64.dll

LoadedModule[6]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Ghosts\bink2w64.dll

LoadedModule[31]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\GameOverlayRenderer64.dll

LoadedModule[38]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamclient64.dll

LoadedModule[43]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\tier0_s64.dll

LoadedModule[44]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\vstdlib_s64.dll

LoadedModule[58]=C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll

FriendlyEventName=Stopped working

AppName=Call of Duty: Ghosts

AppPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Ghosts\iw6mp64_ship.exe

Same issue here, tried to fix it by reinstalling steam , and ghost, and even reinstalling windows and upgrading to windows 8.1, and as I can see here still no reply or fix, they should handle it better than this or at least update us with what's going on

16 Ram , i7 2.8 , GeForce GTS 250

here is the event viewer

Log Name:  Application
                                        Source:    Application Error
                                        Date:      11/9/2013 10:43:23 AM
                                        Event ID:  1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:     Error
                                        Keywords:  Classic
                                        User:      N/A
                                        Computer:  Omar

Faulting application name: iw6mp64_ship.exe, version:, time stamp: 0x527b473c

Faulting module name: iw6mp64_ship.exe, version:, time stamp: 0x527b473c

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000005c4c23

Faulting process id: 0x1944

Faulting application start time: 0x01cedd16eb067223

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Ghosts\iw6mp64_ship.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Ghosts\iw6mp64_ship.exe

Report Id: 3a2c1edb-490a-11e3-8253-001cc0b23444

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<Provider Name="Application Error" />
                                        <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
                                        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-09T06:43:23.000000000Z" />
                                        <Security />

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Ghosts\iw6mp64_ship.exe</Data>
                                        <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Ghosts\iw6mp64_ship.exe</Data>

Our problems here are apperently solved (it's for my brother), but I think I should keep this thread unanswered for other people?

Hi guys:

I have the same problem on my machine, random CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS HAS STOPPED WORKING n, checking the details on windows logs, I get the same information that above, this issue happen sometimes also on black ops 2, but now doesn't allow to play more than a map, I just format the PC with 8.1 64 bit (original), latest nvidia drivers, specs are far above the minimum:

16 GB RAM

GTX 780 Ti

Raid 0 Vertex 4 SSD

Phoebus sound card.

Please somebody help with this really disgusting issue.

PN: The only game that is having issues is this one.

Steam id; slion69

I am having the same issue here, Since i got the game it has given me nothing but trouble. mostly the game stopped working error. sometimes i can play a map and get the error sometimes 2 maps it just varies. I have verified the game uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times with no success. here is my set up

Alienware M17x

windows 7 64bit

12gb ram

AMD RAdeon HD 7970M

Intel HD Graphics 4000

Intel core i7

does anyone have any thoughts as to what is causing this

This seems to be a big issue. All of a sudden one day the game crashed with the same error come up.

Running on:

i7 3770k 4Ghz

GTX 670 2GB

16GB RAM

I have verified the cache, but still not fix to this problem. Campaign works just as normal, it's just multiplayer. Odd?

Same here Grrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

No multiplayer or online connection

re-installed steam re-installed game

CPU spec's well over min req

Inel Core i7 995X 6 Cores @ 3.66 GHz

Corseair Racing Ram @ 1800 Mhz 24Gig (6x4gig sticks)

1Tb Western Digital SSHD (WD10S13X) Brand new!!

x3 Nvidia GTX670 running in paralel SLI

So i've got tonns of grunt and upset i paid out for a game i thought

might give my goliath a run what a disapionting let down finnished

the single player mode in 5hrs!

Not worth the money and time waisted on it!

Activision get your act together this game sucks!

Not F**kin happy!!!

The issue I'm having is the game will randomly freeze and a few seconds later the screen goes black and I have to ctrl+alt+delete to be able to close it.  This problem started happening after I got to the end of the prologue section and since then I've only been able to play for about 5 minutes max (usually less). The game runs smooth and looks nice on high-ish settings at 1900x1080 res. I've tried dumbing down the graphics, setting the process to normal priority, verifying cache files, My desktop is set to windows basic.  I dont know what else to do. It's just simply unplayable.

My set up is an iMac bootcamped with Windows 7 64bit.

8gb ram

1TB HDD

ATI Radeon HD 6970m 2gb GDDR5

Intel core i5 3.10ghz quadcore.

It runs Battlefield 4 a hell of a lot better and at higher settings.

I hope this gets fixed soon so I don't feel like I just set fire to $60.

Could it be cause we all use Windows N or KB perhaps?