10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2013 5:28 AM by VanillaFlava RSS

Hardcore Team Deathmatch

phoenixjm57

One of the only issues I have with this game is Hardcore Team Deathmatch.  I really enjoyed TDM on Blackops.  I can't stand this respond time crap not to mention they went back to ricochet instead of 2 kills and kick. 

Also whats up with no more demolition?

• Re: Hardcore Team Deathmatch
          SPETSNAZ_MOCKBA

That's why I switched to hardcore kill confirmed, no spawn delays there. I personally can't stand core play and wish IW would bring Cranked to hardcore and Ground War to both.

NillaBean92

I personally feel like players are being "penalized" for wanting to play hardcore rather than core. Only 3 game modes for hardcore players and core players get a lot more. Ive found a lot of core players are saying just go play core rather than hardcore because the health has been reduced and doesn't take as many shots to kill someone. Like in Bo2 you'd have to empty a whole clip. I dont like having a map on my screen, I dont need anything to help find people I can do that myself. I did play core for a few hours last night but it still sucked like all the other cods. Hardcore players deserve the same treatment.

The respawn timer is crap, I hate going on a kill streak and then I slip up and get shot. I wait for 13 seconds and feel like I lost momentum. Not to mention when I respawn sometimes theres a enemy near and I get killed as soon as I spawn and there I got waiting another 13 seconds. (Yes the spawning still sucks). I believe since theres a timer theres also more camping going on because no one wants to wait 13 seconds.

The ricochet killing, I'm in the middle about. I could kind of careless about it.

LifeSong1

The map is helpful to know where my teammates are at. That's why I want it. It was hidden in the start menu and I was okay with that, but now I can't take a quick glance at a map to realize that my teammates are all ahead of me and I should turn around to help find the enemy. 

Core does still suck but it is much better and I'm more willing to play it in Ghosts than I have been in any other COD.

I want Clan vs Clan to have a HC variant too. It sucks that it is only core. Lots of clans are primarily HC.

ndboarder

Agree with the timers, huge pain.  I and the group I play with for at least a while nearly every night were extremely displeased with this after a few hours of play last night.  At least one wishes we'd go back to prior games or that he'd not spent money on it.  He quit, the others started on HC KC since there isn't a timer there, but hopefully enough people complain and these timers on HC TDM are removed.

As far as the ricochet, I think that I hope they leave it.  I can't begin to count how many killstreaks I had teammates ruin in BO2.

LifeSong1

I am a HC fan all the way, but I tried core and you may be surprised at how easy it is to kill people. Much easier than any previous COD. It's much closer to what HC is now. I don't mind the respawn times but again, I think it should be a 5 second delay that allows you to choose your class as well as the option to hit a button to spawn right away (just like core has so that you can skip the kill cam). Ricochet is also a lazy solution and I'm not happy it's back, though I am glad you get a warning shot first where it doesn't just kill you right away.

ndboarder

I still can't get over the re-spawn timer in HC: TDM.  I took your advice and tried core, but it's just as much BS as in previous games.  I really hope they decide to either shorten the HC timer to just a constant time, 5 seconds max.  As it is, I and the group I've played CoD most days for the past year just can't get into this game.  If something isn't changed looks like its time to move on to new game franchises and leave CoD behind.

LifeSong1

Keep in mind every game prior to BO2 had a respawn timer like that. They took it out in BO2 which some people loved and some hated. I think it is too long at 15 seconds but do believe that there needs to be some sort of timer along with the ability to switch classes.  When they removed the timer in BO2 it helped with the speed of the game but it also brought about a LOT of revenge spawns...where you would spawn near where you died and thus you knew where the enemy was. If they get rid of the timer, you should NOT be able to spawn anywhere near where you died. There are ramifications for removing the timer is all I'm trying to get at and BO2 didn't even consider those ramifications and it resulted in an even worse spawn system because of it.