33 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 12:32 PM by Wheels1AWTT RSS

Instead of complaining, any tips from anyone who are succeeding?

So far Ghosts has been nothing but frustration for me.  Past CODs I've done well, always held a decent KD...1.4 or above since MW2.  Even if I struggle at the start I get better, and when I say at first its usually just the first day or so.  Not the case with Ghosts.  3rd day in and I just haven't gotten any better or see no progression.  The maps certainly have alot to do with it, I do like to run and gun but the size, levels(so many ups-downs/buildings, etc), lack of a focal point have my head on a swivel, and not in a good way...I have no idea usually whats going on.  The general bad spawns are there, losing in gunfights you think you won, dying seemingly very quickly, so on and so on.  You get over that eventually.  I haven't unlocked to much stuff yet(I'm at level 16), just trying to save some points for whatever reason.

So if you're succeeding at Ghosts, got any tips??

bdnlv702
        • Test #1
          Re: Instead of complaining, any tips from anyone who are succeeding?

I've just slowed down a lot, try to learn the new maps a little at a time and that has seem to help

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 6:41 AM
          • Test #1

I'd like to offer some magical advice but unfortunately, I've only got two evenings worth of playtime in and each one gave me a different grouping of maps.  So outside of a few of them that I have played a couple of times, I'm about as lost as you can get with regards to maps.  However, that will probably change by the end of the week.  For now the only thing that I can tell you is that staying in one place too long will get you killed but so will running around too much.  If you are going to push hard, stay to the edges of the map.  This especially helps to cut down on the number of deaths that you will take due to enemies hanging out in obscure rooms for who knows what reason.  Always be aware of what cover is nearby and be ready to dash behind it quickly.  Lastly, avoid long lines of sight unless you are equipped with a long range weapon.  Ok one more lastly, the Focus perk is a big help and now that choppers are starting to hit the skies you should find a way to work Blind Eye into one of your classes.

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 6:49 AM
            • Test #1

Get a headset and use awareness. Massively overpowered!!!

As soon as you have the coin, get the MSBS assault rifle. It's a burst gun, but it's absolutely deadly!!

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 6:50 AM
              • Test #1

i took marathon off of all of my classes... i will use some type of ghost once unlocked to counter all of the "seeing my body form through walls" and my dot showing up on the radar.  as of now, i'm positve, but it's not great by any means.  i've slowed down, stopped running and when i spawn, i look for a great place to set up camp, usually close to a flag my team has captured... if you wait just long enough, eventually people just run right in front of you, or if you're lucky, they'll even spawn right in front of you. 

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 6:53 AM
                • Test #1

You have to broaden your playstyle, mate. I'm 2.7 on BO2 and I play aIl play all playstyles. I even quickscope for fun. The key to this COD is soundwhoring, stealth, and camping. We have to adjust on these big maps. Sure we can run and gun on small maps like Strikezone but on the majority of the maps, you have to slow down and hunt the enemies. With a decent 5.1 Dolby setup/headset, you can pinpoint your enemies like having a personal VSAT. Don't be afraid to crouch walk when you hear enemies near you. A lot of tryhards like me are soundwhoring each other. It's all about outsmarting your enemy. I am currently doing 2.5 on Ghosts and it's still climbing.

I've been playing Ghosts six days before its release. I played against fellow tryhards when they turned on the servers three days before launch. Trust me, you're going to need to develop your stealth and camping skills on this COD. Running around BO2 style will only get you shot. There are simply too many nooks and crannies to check and there are also the vertical elements as well.

Slowdown, be stealthy, think, and outsmart your enemies.

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 7:01 AM
                  • Test #1

I am in the same boat.  After last night, I feel a little better about it but still struggling to enjoy it as much as others.  I noticed map knowledge is huge, but even with that, you are often at the mercy of horrible spawns.  I still do much better on the smaller maps ( they are still really big), and after I started camping my buns off I did much better.  Unfortunately it makes things kinda boring.  There is a few maps I found  the main stage, or atleast a good spot to be in the action most the time, and it helps to loiter around that area, somewhere with cover.  Also I have reverted to playing with the same mindset as hardcore( ADS around corners, quickdraw, and don't always challenge even in situations you normally would.  It is slower pace, so sit back a little more and chill.  Also Stalker is a must.

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 7:04 AM
                    • Test #1

This is the best I have ever started out on a COD title ever.  through my first 50 matches  I am at 80% win rate and a 1.97 KD in HC TDM. the only mode I play.   

I slow my pace down a lot, especially at the launch of a game, because there are two types of launch players : cautious 'i dont know the maps yet' players and " F IT, its a new game and im super excited running around all the time" players.

When I am moving I am 90% aiming down the sites.

Perks:  Fast reload, fast aim, AMPLIFY  (yes I sound whore because the game allows it)   if you have headphones than are quality, you should do it because you can totally tell which direction players are coming from.   

Guard dog has helped me a ton.  he can sniff out enemies, kill multiple players after you die, and give an enemy that has the drop on you a choice of wether or not he will aim at the dog or you.  which gives you a slight advantage.    

Learn which gun you like and stick with it until you find another.   

Try to realize which side of the map your team mates are on, and understand that most likely, the opposition will come from the other side.  

Watch to see when multiple people on either team die, if 4 or 5 of a single team die, you are either alone, or have time to move and get in good position.

Semtex - If you are very accurate in your grenade throws, play with semtex. 

these have helped me in the first few days.

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 7:25 AM
                      • Test #1

I spent some time yesterday playing Squads in different modes. Great way to level up and learn the maps/modes/classes. I'm not the most accurate shooter, so map knowledge is the best advantage I can obtain. Also gave me a chance to play around with different strike packages and weapons with the bots.

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 7:29 AM
                        • Test #1

It seems like everyone I play against who is doing well just sits in corners for the whole match, so I might have to start doing that.

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 7:32 AM
                          • Test #1

I think I have a challenge awaiting me since you all are adapting. In black ops 2 I learned to speed up so I'm going to see how I can apply that in Ghosts.  I will camp though if I have to many deaths, don't want to let my random team down.

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 8:22 AM
                            • Test #1

(this didnt post up for me when i typed it for some reason on the forum...must be the lag =)  )

ok im a O.K. player...average at best and found this a hard transition from MW3 to Ghosts cuz of well maps n spawns but also the size of for's compared to MW3...so for me these are the tips iv gotten and am tryin.

Instead of trying to level up one character,level up a few because each one has their own perks that open for you.

Dont panic buy attach/perks/streaks...save them and put together 1 or 2 decent well thought out loadouts,it helps you play better i found

Dont rush maps like MW3 iv,they are to big to rush,i noticed players grouping in 2/3's have more of a impact than lonewolfs.

If all else fails and your frustrated by the maps/spawns/kills...play squads...its basically 1v1,you still level up,slower paced to help with gettin used to loadouts and it helps to learn the maps too

thats my 2 cents

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 8:39 AM
                              • Test #1

Thanks everyone...I have thought of getting a headset especially now that the wife and I live in a one bedroom apartment.  I used to play on the monitor, and right now am using a 32".  I'm thinking of switching back since I used to do really good on the monitor as opposed to the TV.  Which headsets are good....I'm kind of trying to keep it cheap.  I've looked at 2, Turtle Beach XLA or XL12???

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 8:40 AM
                                • Test #1

I have a 2.17 K/D.. I play a lot of S&R. All I do is just rush, jump shot and drop shot as I did in the previous cods.. You still die fast, but you'll adjust... Just play it slightly slower and be quick on the trigger.. watch all your corners.

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 8:44 AM
                                  • Test #1

I'd also recommend playing Blitz as the spawns are much better in that mode than Dom / TDM / KC. They don't get flipped, and the only time I'm getting shot in the back is if I'm in the opposing team's base camping it to spawn kill

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 8:55 AM
                                    • Test #1

1. Learn the maps 2. Hold a part of the map that you feel like you know pretty well  3. Put enemies out of their comfort zone (ever noticed at the start of a game everyone is running around then into a quarter of the game you start seeing campers..this is why). 4. Always be on the offense

If your like me and like to run n gun run the perimeter of the maps and engage enemies towards the center of the maps. 

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 9:11 AM
                                      • Test #1

Make good use of your secondary weapon!  I roll the Honey Badger with a P226 (silenced) and I switch to the pistol for close-quarters combat or when I'm trying to get somewhere quickly.  It's really beast in terms of mobility while ADS, and when I need the longer range I switch back to my primary.

Play offline!  Grab some bots and learn the maps while creating new loadouts to figure out what works best for you.

Avoid open space!  The center of any map is usually a death trap.  Stay near the outside, move quietly, stay low, and utilize cover.  You don't have to camp, but be smart and strategic about your movements and you'll tend to catch people off-guard.

IED!  IED's are awesome when you stick them to a wall or ceiling or throw them near some rubble where they blend in.  If you know someone is camping in a room or on a ledge, you can toss one of these badboys their way.

Gambler Perk!  I gave up my tactical for this perk, no regrets.

Be disappointed in your team!  Sometimes your struggles are due to a casual team facing off with tryhards.  Use these matches to try to explore the maps as much as possible, the maps are big and relatively complex and you may as well explore if you're going to spend the whole match getting killed.

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 10:43 AM
                                          • Test #1

Actully the center not a death trap. Just grab a bulding in the middle of the map. And hold it down.   Use tracker sight scilencer. A weapon u can use for longrange short range.  Its the best way to succede i never play ghost without a full team because u will never win or do good if u have friends play with them. They will have your back this cod is a stragey type of cod. Out think your oppents. Use the new thing ghost provided us. Like. Peak out of wall and the slide.   Do hings people wont expect.  Im willing to play games with anybody.  Just to help my fellow ghost player. Add me xbox live gt astro symbol

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 11:09 AM
                                          • Test #1

You have to camp. The maps are so poorly designed that camping is the only way to avoid getting shot in the back. Last thing I want to do but hey, Raven sucks at making maps so its what I have to do.

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 10:48 AM
                                            • Test #1

Start with covert ops loadout, Silencer, sleight of hand, extended mags, get rid of tactical/lethal equipment/secondary, more perks, more perks, more perks, slow down, stay on the edges, SnR/Cranked for rapid leveling, complete operations, winstreaks increase squad points per win so go on streaks, time your satcoms with team mates, map knowledge, map knowledge, map knowledge, MSBS, have fun.

Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 12:11 PM