1 2 3 4 Previous Next 80 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2013 6:39 PM by SinCaraxx Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: Maps Force Camping

Sitting back in one place is not skill. That's what this game promotes and what is effective on most maps. Strategy? no, CoD doesn't have any strategy unless you're in a party. Tactics? no just a lot of camping

Patience...yea a lot of it to the point it gets boring.

These maps really suck.  The game feels great, there are just way to many places to camp. Too many corners, too many long stretches in the back of the map.

• 11. Re: Maps Force Camping

It's the maps combined with the high bullet damage. There are just so many powerpoints or buildings that look over the map. If there is a guy camping you are dead if you move in his line of sight.

As much as I didn't like MW3 one of the big parts that made it successful were the maps. They obliterated all the powerpoints looking over certain parts of the maps like the flags in Domination. If IW wants to keep high bullet damage they need to go back to mw3 style maps or even mw2 in a way.

Soverign is one of the few maps that plays out really well imo.

• 12. Re: Maps Force Camping
            WiimotesRus02

I wondered how long this old chestnut would pop up, less than a week this time, a new record I think. You can almost judge how good the game is when all there is to complain about is peoples playstyles. But no one (fiss) should say or tell anyone how to play the game. I would never tell you to run or sit..

• 13. Re: Maps Force Camping
              WiimotesRus02

Gotta say I like that name, what ever made you come up with that?

• 14. Re: Maps Force Camping

I'm not telling anyone how to play. I just can't stand how this game just took out rushing completely with the map design. It solely offers to defensive play.

In all previous CoDs you could still use any play style you liked and be successful with it. In BO2 if you wanted to rush you could use a MSMC or a MP7. If you wanted to be a steady AR player in the middle playstyle use a ScarH or AN94. If you wanted to play defensive use a M8A1 or LMG.

If you try to rush in this game you just get chopped over by some guy in a building  5 different angles.

• 15. Re: Maps Force Camping
                  WiimotesRus02

Spacious_Fissure wrote:

I'm not telling anyone how to play. I just can't stand how this game just took out rushing completely with the map design. It solely offers to defensive play.

If you try to rush in this game you just get chopped over by some guy in a building  5 different angles.

Good, I'm glad it's different to the last game, even though bo2 was a rushers paradise but only if you had the connection, there was no skill really required for that game. I like to mix it up, do a bit of everything instead of one boring thing. Yep, this appeals to me more and more everyday. I think I'll have this game at the weekend.

• 16. Re: Maps Force Camping

"Strategy? no, CoD doesn't have any strategy unless you're in a party. Tactics? no just a lot of camping"

Just a lot of camping... that's how, in the first few days, players have chosen to adapt to the challenge of the large and complex maps. As I suggested and you seem to agree ('no strategy unless you're in a party') the team that employs CQB strategies to seek out and destroy the campers will be successful. There are so many ways to get around on the new maps, there are very few places a camper can hide without worrying about being flanked. A team strategy could be very effective in countering the sniper approach.

The idea sounds like a blast. The reality... I don't play with a clan, and don't have enough free time in my life to develop a team approach. If more players used chat it would be a bit easier to develop tactics on the fly in-game. That's not really the case on Wii U as much as other platforms though.

One thing that complicates the sniper issue is the overall cosmetics of the game. Rich environments, lots of vegetation, complex architecture... love all that, but character appearance, at least on my TV, seems to blend in a little too easily into that rich environment. In other words, camouflage is a bit too effective. Previous titles made it reasonably easy to visually locate your snipers because the uniforms didn't blend in quite as well. In Ghosts, those snipers have little difficulty disappearing into the background. Sometimes I have to get killed three or four times by the same guy before I finally get eyes on him. Sat Com strategies can help with that, particularly because campers are less likely to seek out and destroy your Sat Coms, but as I mention above, that requires a slow and methodical seek and destroy offense.

• 17. Re: Maps Force Camping

Maps, high bullet damage, very effective camouflage and those freakin' 'one sniff, one kill' dogs.

The technical issues I'm having put aside, if these changes were made I think it would dramatically affect my enjoyment of the game:

1. Nerf bullet damage

2. Nerf the dog's health and ability to kill from 10 feet away

3. Tweak character contrast just a bit so those guys that are just tiny little pinpoints on your screen sniping you from 300 meters away can at least be seen a wee bit.

4. Nerf snipers so head shot is the only 1-shot kill. Make 'em pop me twice if it's a hip or a shoulder. That at least gives me a chance to crawl into the bushes and bleed out in peace.

• 18. Re: Maps Force Camping

Hell yeah, i used to like playing on Hardcore Team Deathmatch on BO2, because there weren't that many campers, so when i started playing on ghosts, it's been hell, most of the games, and i mean almost all of the games i've played on hardcore team deathmatch have not reached 75 kills, in one game there was about a minute with no kills, reason, they were camping.... the maps are so big and with many places to hide and camp that i decided to stop playing that mode, now im playing Cranked, its better even though you'll see some camping in there too....

• 19. Re: Maps Force Camping
                          MajorStains

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

I think I'll have this game at the weekend.

Haha... you broke as easy as Humpty Dumpty snowboarding Everest, whilst on acid!

You are as weak as the rest of those CoD crackheads...

(ps, I might have picked up a certain light blue box from Game today )

1 2 3 4 Previous Next