5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2013 3:34 AM by Cypher_56789 RSS

disc read error 'image file 49' CoD

Hello,

When I start call of duty ghosts - multiplayer everything seems fine. then i press on play online and after a few seconds I get the error message : "disc read error 'image file 49' " and the game crashes. I played this game several times on my pc already and was running fine before.

Does anyone know what this error could mean?

- NL-Toad

Latest reply: on Dec 18, 2013 3:34 AM by Replies: 5 in GHOSTS PC
        • Test #1
          Re: disc read error 'image file 49' CoD

I have this problem too. When I push up the video quality and start playing the multiplayer my game crahses few seconds later

Last Edited: Nov 9, 2013 3:55 AM
          • Test #1

Hey i have a similar problem but at me its saying imagefile 55

Last Edited: Nov 11, 2013 12:08 PM
            • Test #1

I had the same problem.  My COD runs through steam.  I deleted the local content files on both single and multiplayer and then re-installed.  That appeared to fix the problem at first and I was able to get in a handful of games without any errors.  But then a few days later, the same error message came back.  The Disc Read Error seems to be the same except the image file number or text after Disc Read Error changes depending on what menu or screen you're on during the crash.  I'm deleting my content again and reloading; this is ridiculous.  Seems like a graphics problem for me but I'm using GEForce GTX 670 FTW, it should be able to handle any video settings.  Once I get this error, COD Black Ops crashes on me too but with a more generic error message.

Last Edited: Nov 18, 2013 7:02 PM
              • Test #1

Validate your game cache files.

From the game properties that you can access from steam library by right clicking the ghosts mp, click local files and then select verify the game cache.

Last Edited: Nov 19, 2013 8:00 AM
                • Test #1

Activision & Infinity Ward don't know how to figure this themselves ! let alone us !

so many ppl have faced the same problem and no one gives a damn about it ...

Last Edited: Dec 18, 2013 3:34 AM