13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2013 5:33 PM by BanditHiro RSS

Large Maps

phoenixjm57

Is it me or has the overly large maps and so many levels killed this game?  We spent last night playing HC-TDM and I don't think we ever reached the score limit on any game.  It seems now that people are wanting to sit in corners and wait or stay in the back of the maps or top of levels and just snipe.  It feels as though the fast pace scoring which separated this game from Battlefield or the Tom Clancy Games is gone.

Games now are long and drawn out.  You can run the entire map without seeing anyone now.  Not to mention that they brought back ricochet back to hardcore so you might not spawn quick enough to enoy a game.

• Re: Large Maps

the maps are small as ****. It is because there are not many players in. And by the way, maps SHOULD be big. Battlefield is good because you actually feel like you're in a war. Cod just kinda feels like paintball.

phoenixjm57

I have no issue with BF maps size.  I like them for that type of game play.  Actually my favorite part about BF is the large maps and having to compensate for the bullet drop.  But when you think of what Call of Duty has always brought to the table, and what set it aside from the others.

TheDonCartagena

They have definitely killed the game. Matches are 10 minutes of boredom now. People moaned they didn't like small maps yet when nuketown/hijacked came up they would always get the votes but turbine/aftermath, the lobby people back out (like me, all the time).

If I enjoyed large maps I wouldn't be playing COD. I believe that is what battlefield is for. COD is a fast paced game, but with Ghosts they really have screwed up.

Hopefully more people feel the same and decide to go back to BO2, which is what I believe a decent fps should be, constantly in the action and having fun for 10minutes.

The only maps i have a problem with being too big are Siege and Stormfront.  Sovereign and Chasm are just really bad maps to play.  Give it awhile and these 4 maps will be like Aftermath, Turbine, Underground, etc.  Nobody will ever vote them.

Aren't the maps bigger because when the XboxOne comes out the games will be 9v9?

Do feel it has lost the fast pace of other cods due to map size and to be honest not really into it but will stick with it for awhile to see if it grows on me. Notice u played hardcore and wondered how quickly u die because core feels like HC did on MW3 so guessing u just look at the person and they die?!

RunAndGun1

Large maps aren't killing the game. Lazy players who want COD to be like shopping mall video games with plastic guns attached  are killing the game. Treyarch just about killed the series with BO2 and it's tiny maps. You're late to the show if you think COD is supposed to be made up of tiny, clusterfk maps. If COD dies off it will be because off small maps and the weak players who want them. This is warfare, not a paintball match - as another poster so eloquently pointed out.

I personally think Ghosts needs dedicated servers to succeed. You shouldn't have to get an Xbox One to enjoy dedicated servers. BF uses them with great success. Get Ghosts on dedis and then we can get back to 9v9. Maybe even 12v12 on consoles. It can be done, because BF does it with much larger maps. When we can get more players in the game the maps won't be such a big deal.

Personally, I don't think the maps are too big now. I have no problem finding people to fight. It's the campers that are making the maps seem too big. Get the dedis online and we will all have more fun, I believe.

ghamorra

These maps aren't really that big like people are making them out. Sure there's one or two that are large but that's usually how CoD is, a variety of sizes some too big or too small for the number of players in the game. The issues people are having are relating to the openness of the maps. Long lines of sight due to increased visibility over long distances. Not as many obstructions like Black Ops II or MW3 had give the appearance of a huge maps.

I think players are lazy, they don't want to survey an area before taking off like a bat outta hell and it's getting them torn apart by attentive players using their eyeballs to look around rather than the mini map.

RunAndGun1

ghamorra wrote:

I think players are lazy, they don't want to survey an area before taking off like a bat outta hell and it's getting them torn apart by attentive players using their eyeballs to look around rather than the mini map.

Exactly. They are so used to the clusterfk maps of BO2 that the idea of... I don't know...thinking before they leap is almost foreign to them. It's the variety of maps that COD offered players in its beginning.

I think once we get the dedicated servers online we will be able to play Ground War again. Giving Ghosts even more variety. I find it baffling that people would want such limited choices in maps in a game like this. To me BO2 became very boring very fast because of its lack of variety in map sizes and design. I simply played to kill time until Ghosts came out.

robbierocket

Maps are medium-sized. There are many reasons why the game feels odd or wrong, spawns and the direction CoD and the change in CoD community has been headed (FPS strategy towards everyone) explains a lot of it.

lolkin

these maps are way too big its kinda boring with 6 vs 6!

i like those small maps in bo2 so you got fast in combat

i dont like running around 30 sec and still havent seen an enemy

RunAndGun1

lolkin wrote:

these maps are way too big its kinda boring with 6 vs 6!

i like those small maps in bo2 so you got fast in combat

i dont like running around 30 sec and still havent seen an enemy

I think when we get the dedicated servers for current gen going we will be able to play larger lobbies, i.e. 9v9 or even 12v12.

I personally don't like too many small maps. I didn't buy Ghosts to play paintball. I'm here to play a war game. Not Mario Brothers  Wears Boots. If you don't like larger maps, may I suggest visiting a nearby shopping mall. They have these really neat video games with plastic guns attached. You just stand there and point and shoot. Kinda like BO2. No brains, just point and bang, bang, you're dead. Does that sound better?

if you are here to play a war game than why aren't you playing BF? you sound like you have no clue what the heck you are talking about or what the CoD series has been about for the past 7 years.