8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2013 4:02 PM by rankismet RSS

Loki, too weak?

I don't understand why this is a 15 PS? It's difficult to get and gets you around 5 kills max on open maps. The helo pilot is much much better. The only thing it has going for is how it can drop care packages and juggernaut (maniac?), but then again i could just use the ODIN support streak.

It would be better if the Loki was like the lode star or reaper, then it would be worthy of it's title as the top assault PS

• Re: Loki, too weak?
          ImOld6reg

Actually its a Juggernaut with a railgun. This Juggernaut can cap points in Dom, and drops people fast, Ive already had mine rack up 12 kills himself before the match ended. He doesn't time out or go away, he lasts until death. It gives you a aerial view of the battle field for a long time, so you can provide your team with vital info. It allows you to drop care packages for your team, and drop down some pain beams. Sure there slow and dont do much but they do get kills.  I used to think it sucked also but I mean just intelligently think about the streak and its very good.  Ive gotten Alot of Loki's already and am only getting better with it, it is very deserving of its place.  No lode star or reaper can match this one. AC130 or Vtol would be closer to its level. The Helo is worse than this, a Loki cant even be shot down.

The Loki is EXTREMELY weak.  Takes forever to recharge shots, they're really slow, and it only lasts like 30 seconds max.  The helo lasts a good minute, lets you fly wherever you want, and is accurate and fast.  Honestly, Helo should be 17, Loki should be in support.  All of the things you pointed out were support things, and it doesn't even keep up in kills with the gryphon ten streak.

This sounds like a support streak, not an ASSAULT

Bielsalmighty

If you want out and out kills, the Gryphon is the way to go. I got one of those last night and it was a revelation next to most of the other weak streaks in this game.

yeah this has been my favorite Assault Streak in the game, it's kind of funny how the killstreaks that take less points to get you more kills than the large killstreak....i guess it was intentional because IW didn't want people quitting the games when enemy loki is active is announced.

ImOld6reg

I don't understand you guys...... I can win a match of Dom with a loki, drop the jugg near a choke point and cover it with rods. You guys must just be terrible at using it, you have to lead targets and they drop like flies.  Hiding in buildings? No problem drop a large rod on the windows, this combined with the Jugg that lasts UNTIL DEATH combines for a massive kill advantage. If you think this belongs in support your brain must be fried from to much crack. Your smoking something to think your crappy little Heilo of Gryphon can compete with it.  So many players now shoot those down instantly.

Helo or gryphon can net average 10kills, while the loki gets you around 4 kills on OPEN MAPS. The loki has a zoomed in view, slow moving camera and the maps are huge, this combined with slow reloading rods (and their weak damage) makes the killstreak terrible and impossible to get kills. Sure the care package and juggernaut are nice touches, but do they belong in an ASSUALT killstreak? The care packages are for your team (perfect for a support streak, not the highest assault streak). The only thing it has going for it as an assault KS is the ability to never be shot down, but then again nobody really shoots down killstreaks. To get a kill with the rod you have to shoot where the enemy is going to go, and the radius damage is like 1m, and every enemy players runs for cover as soon your loki is called in. it took me 7 lokis to get 21 kills, but with helo I only had to use it twice. The loki is the ac 130 of ghosts, crap and underpowered period.

rankismet

I would like to see it move faster when you scan the map but that's it. I like how the streaks aren't as strong and largely been de-emphasized.

My 2 cents.