20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2013 10:25 AM by mobster360 RSS

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE

kekthedestoyer

i know this game has problems but i think its a great game that will get better i think its way better than mw3 and black ops 2 in terms of lag on release i could barely play those games until a few weeks after release and it improved somewhat so i think its too early to judge this game some things suck like the spawns, lag and weak killstreaks etc but im sure they will be sorted out over time

• Re: PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE
          0rphansim

Finally someone agree's with me on everything you just said.

Starbuck_OS

Its not a matter of time, its the fact that infinity ward should of learned this time around from the release of mw3, they took 3 steps back, no theater? no ping bars? no dedicated servers? (servers where "confirmed"), unplayable lag, warping, jittering, match making is all wonky too, matching in american and asian hosts (IP sniffers are awesome), I DO NOT UNDERSTAND why you DO NOT REGION LOCK (country) just lock it, no reason why japan should EVER connect to Australia, do you understand the physical distance between the two countries? seriously, lag compensation breaks because of this.

Further more its pretty clear the reason why spawns are so screwed up right now, and the culprit is REVENGE SPAWN, know how I know this? because ever since they ramped it up in mw3 its broken the game, take a very large map on ghosts, notice now everyone still spawns on top of each other, rather than across the map in safety?

Because revenge spawn is over tuned to idiotic levels right now.

Further even more, why is it so hard to copy paste modern warfare 2's net code, so now you've gone from rewind time lag compensation to pure lag, you confuse your community and fan base, stop screwing around, this COD I think is the last for a lot of us, this COD is were a lot of us make our judgement whether we buy any CODs ever again.

And you tumbled it already (infinity ward), saying all of this hurts me, I have been a fan of COD since COD2, I've played all of the CODs, I am sad to see COD in this state, I simply don't want to play other FPS, I love COD, its an amazing experience, but I nearly deleted it off my computer last night.

I will give it ago in a month Infinity Ward, if its still instant deaths, jitter, out of country players causing rewind time lag compensation, and no dedicated servers like you promised.. I'm just done, Titanfall isn't far away.

(I rather continue to play COD, don't make me not)

kekthedestoyer

no game is perfect and especially not on release im suffering with the same things but im still enjoying it and it will get better in my opinion mw3 and black ops2 were far worse than this on release and the dedicated servers are not fully functional yet a lot of players were asking for things like theater to be taken out of the game now they have done it its upsetting others but to be honest i wish theater recording was in this i like to go back and watch my gameplays

Starbuck_OS

I have no issues with bugs that will be sorted after a bit, but at this point and from what have seen from the past, it will take them months to get on top of this, it took them nearly 4 months to tone down lag compensation in MW3, and even now when connections from other countries are present it breaks again (mw3), I fear I feel the same so far about ghosts connections to or from other countries break the game to unplayable standards.

Further more, I am not a bad player, in-fact I am pretty good, and I cannot react to instant deaths in ghosts currently, oh yeah and Tube attachment  is as powerful as it was in MW2 again, woe is me for thinking something would change.

MysteriousDeeds

My 2 cents...this game is damn challenging. It forces you to really be aware of your position on the map and where the enemy is or could possibly be coming from. Multiple entrances to areas keeps you on edge at all times. Flanking skills in this game is a must, and with the large maps using cover while doing it is imperative. With this game gone are the days of running full tilt boogey in the open trying to mow your opponent down. You will get your butt handed to you in a hurry.

I agree completely.  Most people run full steam ahead and used to be able to eat bullets before they sprayed a headshot.  Now players are required to play tactfully and most don't like it.  instakills are from you running through the middle of the map and getting your @ss blasted.  try using cover.  Its not instant death, its people not understanding the concept of cover and what hit detection is supposed to be.  Just like games change and adapt, so should the players.  New game, new skills needed.  If your on a huge map and you use an SMG and wondering why you keep dying its because your not very smart, or not very good.  Get a sniper or a marksman like most people with any sense of strategy and play the game.  Just because you have to play long range doesn't mean your camping.  On top of that, this game makes it much easier to flank those campers and punish them for doing so.  Go ahead and sit in one spot.  I'll be the guy behind you tea bagging you with a knife.  If you want to be successful you have to move around.  Just my 2 cents.

I am a huge fan of COD myself and have played all of them. I'm really disappointed in this game, I am tempted to delete of my console and buy battlefield (which I'm not a fan on!!). I have only played about 300 games of team deathmatch and out of all of them I have only got 164 kills and over 1000 deaths. I'm no where near that bad on the game. Activison and IW have some serious work if that want me to keep playing this game.

I think that's the problem with today's generation: no one has patience. They want everything handed to them on a silver platter all at once & in the instant.

Never a rush to get to school is it? But I digress.

But if anything, I do agree with them on this. Call of Duty has had a number of entries with MP implemented, but it still remains a problem to us, the consumer, to experience from Day One & onward? I understand it takes time, but I kind of think it shoudl be stated that Multiplayer is still in Beta phases, & that we're the test subjects. I honestly questioned the other day: "Who are the people they're hiring to test out the game? And why not all offices of Activision test it out instead of just one or two?"

But when all is said & done, I'll be holding my copy tightly. I know that the game has its issues up & down, left & right, but it takes time for everything to be ironed out.

(Though I always considered Treyarch to be top-tier when it comes to caring for the fans, Personally.)

You Right is about time