13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 8:02 AM by Diesel_Fox RSS

Why all the hate!!

I personally love this game, the story mode completion has left me waiting for the next one as it has left it on a cliff hanger. But tbh I buy these games for the online mainly and I personally believe the maps are better than previous games and really enjoying the online modes. What are people expecting?? Its not real life its a game, I personally think infinity ward have done a good job and cant wait to see the first true next gen game next year, I also hear people saying its difficult, so what!! If it was easy it would be boring, the harder it is the better player it will make you. Anyway, Well Done on a very good game, don't listen to the haters, just take a look at the numbers playing the game when your next online. That should tell you something.

C

• Re: Why all the hate!!
          Bielsalmighty

Theres always more negative than positive on here. Its so funny that BO2 got caned like this last year, you hardly ever heard a good word said about it, and now all of a sudden people are slamming Ghosts and praising BO2.

Why?

Each CoD is pretty different to the last. They more or less play the same, and feel similar, but the approach and design ethos changes enough that you cant play them the same and succeed. BO2 funneled people into intense, head on combat. This CoD rewards the player who can utilise the whole map to his advantage.

iHattoriHanzo0

I do agree this is the correct answer.

The biggest problem with the Call of Duty franchise is the fact it is a franchise. When a new title is released, it is compared and rated off the past CoDs experiences. Its only natural and needs to be combated. We all need to try very hard to have no expectations. Accept the game for what it is and not what it isn't.

Respect the game's developers decisions and don't expect the game to be changed to your own liking. Just because there are hundreds of thousands CoD veterans that have been playing the franchise religiously for 5 plus years like myself, doesn't give us the privilege to think we know what is right for the game. Sad but true.

This is a hard concept to surrender to. It took me a long time to understand the new games need to be treated as stand alone. I guarantee if you can do this, the game will be more tolerable. And if it isn't, then don't play as much, and try the next title next year.

Totally agree with you.

Bielsalmighty

Adapt or die as they say. It can be really frustrating until you find the setup that works for you. Best way to find it is to see how most of your deaths happen, and adjust your setup to protect you. Sadly, not everyone has the patience to do this and needs a youtuber or suchlike to figure out whats OP/effective and make a video about it.

I found I was running into people who knew I was coming and were ready and waiting for me, ergo I slapped on Off the Grid and Dead Silence.

So much hate because all of the previous "good" players are dying more. Their precious k/d ratio has taken a hit. It can't be them so the game must be rubbish.  Basically the run and gunners are getting shot to bits and they don't like it.

If you can't find anyone in TDM, play Domination instead. Plenty of action in those games.

My k/d is a 2.25 and I still don't enjoy this game as much as Blops2. Just not as fun having the left trigger glued in since there are no gun fights and ADS time gets you killed. I don't even run quickdraw at this point. I miss my VSATs too, but sound whoring in the other team's spawn on Blitz is just about as effective. It just feels cheaper Also, calling in a KEM strike early in a game is a bad idea because visibility goes to poop and your team gets angry at you for messing up their streak!

Lastly, 4v4 clan matches should just be renamed 4v4 MSBS. We went up against some other tryhards and every single person was using that gun. The other guns are potent, but there's really no reason to use an SMG or shotgun when the BS melts at close range faster than either.

LargeLentils

this game is excellent. I love it and I am surprised about all the complaining.

I Enjoy the game,the only issue I have is the lag,my nat is open and I have 30 MB down and 10 MB up,so I'm pretty sure it's on there end,I don't have any other complaints I want to play it's just the lag is so bad I can't, so I have to go back to another COD game, and give them some time to hop full fix it.

Hobeinator

Exceeded my expectations.  Most I've enjoyed MP since BO1.

BO2 was terrible at launch too. At least that game has a bunch of good maps. I like some of the ghosts maps too. Once you remove EVERY map with the stupid "dynamic effects" of course.

the problem is, they have been testing this game with dedicated servers then launch it for current gen consoles with peer hosting? what a major cluster. if you're going to lie to your entire fanbase, you owe it to them to make it right.

what would that be? free upgrades to next gen for anyone who bought it? i think so. will that ever happen? of course not.

I hope TitanFall buries this franchise for good.

BO2 had the worst maps in any COD game to date, period! They were convoluted messes with too much debris and objects scattered everywhere, with no really good sight lines and no good flow to them. The only good map on the game was the Nuketown remake.

Black Ops 2 was absolute garbage, and this is coming from a Treyarch fan. For the first time since the original Black Ops I feel like an element of skill has returned to the series. (Maybe that is why there are so many haters on here?) The guns no longer "aim" themselves and stick to their target like glue, as in the past 2 installments. I'm winning gun fights again that I should have been winning in the past 2 games, because in many cases I can actually aim better than someone else. I still am getting the weird lag occasionally, but nothing like in MW3 and BO2. Overall, this game is running a lot better than any COD I can remember at release as far as hit detection goes and connections go.  I'm actually enjoying the game quite a bit.

On launch day I was raging like most people and thinking what a crap game this was but I kept playing it and now I love it. My advice to the players who are struggling is to slow down,learn the maps,and unlock the more useful perks for the game type that you prefer. I use the AK-12 with foregrip and silencer. My must have perks are Stalker,Focus,and Quickdraw. I play mostly domination so I don't know if there's more bs in other game types. Hope it get's sorted so everyone can enjoy this game as much as i'm enjoying it.