34 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2014 2:47 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

Ghosts feedback: faults, fixes & feedback? Post here.

robbierocket

Hi. This is a constructive feedback thread. The devs can research/investigate if they so desire.

Please post sensible and qualified information only. If you are unsure of how to post here, use this template:

template

Subject: subject of feedback (problem/comment)

Description: of problem

Occurence: (when, where, how often)

Information: additional information if necessary (comments, game mode/platform)

fix

1. Re-spawning issues

Description: Respawns have been widely reported as often placing one soldier in close proximity to an enemy, which very often results in an unavoidable kill-death scenario.

Occurence: This occurs after death (obviously) on all maps in all spawn locations, some of the time. It also occurs several times in-a-row (due to a spawn-death perpetuating the chance of a spawn-death upon re-spawn), duly dubbed the spawn-death chain. Some maps are worse than others (Prison Break, Strikezone), some areas of maps have a higher frequency of occurence (The back areas [start spawns] of Freight, the inner castle wall on Stonehaven).

Information: This issue has been reported by many, many people across all platforms in all game modes and settings. The only people commenting that spawns are ok have done it in dispute or response to the complaint as opposed to citing it as a strength. The worst cases of this problem are game-breaking (5-6 spawn-death chain undoes in 45 seconds what 5 mins of  good play does.

suggestion

2. Bypass main menu to Muliplayer option

Description: a general game option that enables a bypass so that the game loads directly to the Multiplayer menu

Occurence: this concerns the game loading options

Information: this was in place on some of the previous CoDs (eg. BO)

game balance recommendation

3. Sniper Rifles too deadly in practice at close range

Description: sniper rifles are able to be wielded accurately and fast in close combat

Occurence: whenever a (probably quick-reflexed) player chooses

Information: the ACOG-type scope has a very clever way of providing a compensation for zooming in (the blur out), sniper rifles could have something different but comparable such as a delay on bring the sight up and inaccuracy before that point

4. Weapon balancing - too little recoil on Assault Rifles (do MR's have a place vs SRs or ARs?)

Description: ARs are deadly, relentless AND recoil little, this should be increased

Occurence: when an AR is fired

Information: the single shot MRs bounce incredibly and their power is counterbalanced by their lower rate of fire, by comparison

fix

5. False information in Operations

Description: uniforms are incorrectly listed as a reward for several Operations

Occurence: this concerns Operations

Information: either the uniforms have been omitted or the claim should be

6. Map reduction for certain game modes

Description: uniforms are incorrectly listed as a reward for several Operations

Occurence: variable game modes

Information: blocking out portions of the maps for certain modes like Cranked, Blitz would be nice. Similar to how they did with Infected. A mode to not have stationary people is nice. Yet, the size of the maps and rentable rooms is ridiculous.

7. Amplify perk to come with confirmation notification of "enemy close"

Description: As maps are so busy and friendlies/enemies can be heard alike, the perk should give off a subliminal message which encourages the player to be extra vigilant.

Occurence:when any enemy is near (without silent perk) and player has Amplify equipped

Information: with spawning and proximity as it is, it's impossible to discern enough from the minimap much of the time

Yesterday I respawned after my 10-streak had been ended, I saw a friendly spawn on the minimap behind me, slightly to my right side. I moved, he moved and I could hear him moving. After around 10 paces I died. Confused, I watched the killcam. An enemy had either (1) spawned with us at around the same time or (2) been exactly behind me when I spawned. His movement matched that of my teammate (although upon reflection my teammate veered off to the right) and he simply got up to me unchecked before stabbing me. Would Amplify have changed anything, no. Perhaps the perk should come with the in-game soldier voice intel "careful, enemy close". We may at least react or take note of that subliminal message!

fix

8. PC version of game unplayable on high PC setting

Description: lag, stuttering frame drops, freezes

Occurence: this concerns the PC version of the game

Information: n/a

suggestion

9. Ban cheaters

Description: players who have "impossible" statistics should be banned or reset

Occurence: evidence on Leaderboards

suggestion

10. change "custom" after weapon name to show the attachments

Description: a better way of showing a weapon's customisation by displaying the actual customisation

Occurence: when finding weapons of dead soldiers on the ground

Information: this could be done with icons or words

game balance recommendation (ongoing dispute)

11. IED trigger sound should be removed

Description:when an IED is triggered, a sound is made and this is allows the player a moment to escape death

Occurence: whenan IED is triggered

Information: players already have a flashing light and sitrep to see them and stalker to run past them. 

suggestion

12. make opposing team colours clear

Description: change enemy colours (on minimap & perhaps nametage) to a radically different shade/contrast (as well as colour) from that of friendlies

Occurence: all games with minimap/player names

Information: It can be really hard for players who have a challenge differentiating colours to take a quick glance and distinguish an enemy from a friendly, specific settings for this could also be a solution

suggestion

13. subtle imrpovements to HC Search & Destroy

Description: IED remains in place when the placer dies, reduce time between rounds, Guard Dog should last 5 seconds after owner's death

Occurence: HC Search & Destroy

fix

14. friend notification in S&R

Description: select screen in S&R in the  top right corner is blocked temporarily when the notification of a friend coming online pops on

Occurence: notification of a friend coming online in S&R

information request

15. when will current gen get dedicated servers?

Description: as title

Occurence: multiplayer

game balance recommendation (ongoing dispute)

16. Pistols need reduction in effectiveness

Description: pistols need some reduction in effectiveness, especially with use of AKIMBO

Occurence: multiplayer/pistols

Information: overpowered handguns are back. Akimbo is totally OP. Machine gun type weapons should not be "outgunned" by pistols and akimbo setups.

suggestion

17. add options to remove prone or melee from controls

Description: extra control customisation options

Occurence: all game

Information: give us the option of COMPLETELY removing prone and Melee from our controller sticks. I'm tired of knifing at the air when I'm just trying to aim my weapon. When you're caught off guard it's only natural to apply more pressure to the sticks when reacting. Knifing at the air gets me killed every time. I find it baffling that this has yet to be implemented.

Post below with more quantative feedback...

• Re: Ghosts feedback: faults, fixes & feedback? Post here.
          phxs72

It is a bit ridiculous how often you get spawn killed on maps this large.  It seems that all it takes is for an enemy team to actively push the map and you'll find yourself on the wrong end of several spawn/get shot in the back scenarios in a row.  It would likely help if there were more spawn locations.  I was playing KC on Siege over the weekend and every single time that I died (which was several) I respawned in the far back corner on the C flag side (just a reference. It was a match of KC).  How a map this large doesn't have more than one corner on the one side to spawn in to is beyond me.

My only other fix at this time is really a next title fix but can we get rid of having to call in care packages for streaks?  If you earn a jug you should get to be the jug and not leave it up to chance that someone comes along and drops you because you are waiting on a CP to drop and then have to pick it up.  I say this as a person that has stolen CPs and had them stolen.  It's a bit of a ripoff to have done the work to get a good streak only to have to stolen from you by a guy that may have landed a lucky shot.  I always feel a little sorry for the guy that I steal them from but it's how the game works, so I don't hesitate to do it but in my opinion it shouldn't be an option.

robbierocket

I actually disagree here - but only in that I think the "package risk" is factored in to the streak. So perhaps you mean that the streak should be say, 1 kill lower if the reward is packaged in?

I purposefully choose non-package streaks where possible as it negatively effects my game style to focus on something else, give my position away, etc.

I also know with party mates and a good location you can lure in easy kills, this is an upside of a package.

phxs72

I can see that aspect of it although I personally don't have the patience to use it as bait.  It's not such a bad idea but I play a lot of solo and more than likely I'd just end up getting bum rushed if I tried it.  I too avoid using the CP streaks for the same reason that you do.  It leaves you rather vulnerable and puts a big target on your position.  Heck even when I complete a field order I try to throw it in a safe area but then I start flanking around looking for enemies.  I've probably given away more field order packages to my teammates than I've actually picked up.

ChestSplittah

Blocking out portions of the maps for certain modes like Cranked, Blitz would be nice. Similar to how they did with Infected. A mode to not have stationary people is nice. Yet, the size of the maps and rentable rooms is ridiculous.

@InfinityWard, @Teanah: please don't let these new modes be ruined by easily fixed problems. Please.

ChestSplittah

I use the load to MP feature onbthus game, Sir Robert.

ghamorra

The only thing I can think of is tweaking some of the Marksmen Rifles. I've talked to several people and some of the MRs are not worth using because ARs and some SRs are everything the MRs and more. The damage at range with the MRs are greater but when you factor in the RoF cap MRs they just aren't strong enough. I would like the RoF cap increased by at least 50rpm and the, as you said, the recoil increased on ARs. That should give them the effectiveness to stand out as their own class.

phxs72

The IA-2 is basically the MK-14 with a scope and no recoil to speak of.  If you have a good trigger finger it works quite well.  I have only tried it and the one with the built in foregrip.  The one with the foregrip works okay but it's not something that I'd replace a full auto with.  But the IA-2 is very precise and for a long distance shot will do some work.

ghamorra

I've been trying out various MRs and non have really shown themselves to be as handy as an AR. I think this is where gun balancing fails and Black Ops II had the biggest problem with it. When you design a game to be played a certain way it makes classes of weapons seem either strong either stronger than they should be or weaker. In Black Ops II SMGs seemed unbeatable because of how much the maps supported the class of weapon, however long range ARs like the SWAT, SMR, and FAL took a good bit of time figuring out where they fit in.

Now Ghosts has been given the task of balancing MRs between Snipers and ARs and SMGs and shotguns are weapons that don't seem to standout much. Again, the maps are the reason. I think SMGs can be very successful depending on how you play the map as each map has areas where the will excel. MRs however are in an interesting position. They're a hybrid of SRs and ARs making them fit in where each weapon seems to lack, but is there room for MRs?

ARs seem to work really well up to the point where an SR can take over so I don't really see a need for an MR. That's not to say they aren't effective, if someone is using an MR it's not because it's advantageous like the transition from SMG to AR or AR to SR. If you're using an MR it's purely because you want to

phxs72

So far the only real advantage that I've seen the MRs have over snipers and I haven't tried but one of the snipers is that they aren't bolt action.  Sure the SR will kill in one hit where you will need a good 2 or 3 hits from an MR (unless you get a headshot) but you do gain the luxury of getting to land that second shot quickly.  But you are right, using them is more of a preference thing than a necessity.  Someone that is very adept with a Sniper likely wouldn't bother with them.  I'm not such a good sniper.  So having that quick second shot comes in handy for me.

It's not the weapon power (nor life) it's the frame drops. Watch the kill cams, they didn't drop you with one bullet, I bet they shot you like 5-7 times. The same goes for weak weapons that get tons of hit markers in enemy's backs but never kill, then poof they turn around and you're dead, it's because you were already dead before you fired, but all those frames got dropped or you were lagged.

nicedrewishfela

On HC modes, the MRs are somewhat dominant.

They usually give the user a OHK, and the recoil on many of them is negligible. The IA-2, at least in my opinion as a primarily AR kind of guy, is superior to all of the ARs, and even as a Single Shot weapon can be spammed pretty effectively.

Fix Pc Version Specially, Unplayable for alot of people Specially on High PC setting

like me i just have really small thing unlike others like i Play BF4 on high settings and the game is awesome

will in Ghosts Multiplayer while player i have some lags or frame drops  i think or connection the game just freeze some frames while playing ( i can't describe it correctly but this is it )

but extinction and campain was perfect for me and Multiplayer lobby no lags

while some people have issues in multiplayer and lobbies frame dropping so bad

i just need to play multiplayer on smoth and record gameplay not i cant because if i tried to record the frames becomes 1 FPS something unbelievable of course

please guys fix it 

Here's a better fix that should be implemented on the load screen...

CHEATERS SHOULD BE RESET AND BANNED FOR AT LEAST 7 DAYS

It would be very easy to write code that says something like:

AUTO BAN+RESET PLAYER * WHERE RANK > 5 AND TIME-PLAYED < 5 MINUTES

Or here's another easy way to find cheaters:

AUTO BAN+RESET PLAYER * WHERE TIME PLAYED > [ 90 DAYS + ( TODAY - 11/5/2013 ) ]

Or even:

AUTO BAN+RESET PLAYER * WHERE K/D <> ( KILLS / DEATHS ) OR WIN% <> ( WINS / LOSSES )

1. Fix these godawful spawns. I am gonna break my hand on the table one day because of this piece of garbage. F.U.C.K.
                                    2. Why the hell does it say [Weapon Name] Custom? There is no ******* logical explanation for that. Make it say [Weapon Name], mod1, mod 2 & mod 3. Is that so ******* hard?
                                      rainmaker6

1: I think everyone agrees on the spawns.

2: Not a big deal for me. If you are tweaking the menus I would like the last profile you selected to be the default when you select the next game.

4: Although I don't disagree about the AR recoil I am not big on nerfing stuff. If anything the MRs should be buffed. Recoil should be reduced and ROF increased. The caps on the MK-14 is ridiculously low.

I would add that the IED trigger sound needs to be removed. Players already have a flashing light and sitrep to see them and stalker to run past them.  

ghamorra

Unless you're looking for it the IED can be really hard to see. If placed on a brown or dark area the only clue is the light and honestly I'm not looking around all over the place for lights. This is also assuming that the IED is in an obvious location. I'm clever with my placement and I put them above doorways and on the inside wall of corner so people can't see it and if they do it's too late to take cover. The IED, for me at least, is very annoying.

rainmaker6
                                              I have shot more IEDS than have been killed by them. I have survived more IEDs by hearing there beep than have been killed by them. I have seen more opponents survive IEDs at point blank range without blast shield than have I have been killed by them. You have sitrep, blast shield and stacker to avoid being killed by one.  Finding it annoying is not a justification.  I find all the target tracker, sat coms, name tag visible, motion sensor devices very annoying and they have a far greater impact on the game. And when teams join a lobby they spam the map with the latter and camp and soundhore their position.
                                                  phxs72

I seem to survive those IEDs quite a bit as well.  I'm pretty sure if you duck that somehow they only do minimal damage.  Much like a Betty without actually being one.

ghamorra

Not once have I survived an IED, could be my luck or it could be that I've encountered opponents who know what they're doing. It was so effective against me that I run it on every class and I'm finding great success with it. Can't think of one that has gone off and not gotten me a kill.

phxs72

I tend to get kills with them when I use them as well but for some reason I must just have a good bit of luck dodging them.  If you can run away that's always a good idea but if not you might want to try going prone.  I can't say for sure that it always works but something that I'm doing is saving my butt.  It may also just be that I'm picking up on them far enough to the outside of their blast radius that they aren't getting a good hit on me.

ghamorra

My fear is that it becomes like C4 in Black Ops II and is used by everyone all the time. It gets to the point that you can't dodge them all. I also am a living example of Murphy's Law

phxs72

If it makes you feel better my character must have some raw steak in his pockets.  Those dogs will seek me out anytime I'm even in the area when their master dies.  It doesn't matter if I killed him or someone else on my team did.  That dog is coming for me first every time.  It's so bad that I've gotten into the habit of killing the dog first which often leaves me vulnerable to getting dropped by the master but if I'm going to die either way then I figure that taking the dog out will limit my deaths better in the long run.

rainmaker6

I get kills with them as well but you have to hide them well. But I have seen opponents stand right next to them and survive without blast sheild. Once on Seige I put one on the stairs going up to the tower. One opponent suspected I was up there and stated walking up the stairs with his gun raised and it blew when he was standing right next to it without blast sheild and survived. Although of the several hundred I have dropped only a few have failed to kill at point blank range it has happened. A glitch maybe but it has happened 3 or 4 times. As far as sound I don't even have headphones or surround and I have avoided several by hearing the sound. 

A Wonderful suggestion is making enemy colors on the make a very distinct color something a color blind player can determine. I throw up a sat com and I see zero difference in my mini map. It is just really hard for me to take a quick glance at my map, when I have to literally look at it for nearly 1 minute to distinguish an enemy! Production Administrator

Patch- I.E.D to stay in place when you die in hardcore Search

Patch- 15 secs between rounds is to long in hardcore Search

Patch- Killstreak Dog should last 5 secs after you die in Search or its virtually useless

Patch- Select screen in S&R in the  top right corner is blocked temporarily when the notification of a friend coming online pops on.

Ghosts is a great game, lag issues suck though

RunAndGun1

1. Let us know when we can expect dedicated servers to kick in. I know for current gen consoles it will be a back and forth between dedicated servers and listening servers. But give us a "launch date" as to when we might expect this system to be implemented.

2. Over powered handguns are back. Akimbo is totally OP. Machine gun type weapons should not be "outgunned" by

pistols and akimbo setups. My 20 bullets in your chest is beat by three bullets from a pistol? Really?

3. Give us the option of COMPLETELY removing prone and Melee from our controller sticks. I'm tired of knifing at the air when I'm just trying to aim my weapon. When you're caught off guard it's only natural to apply more pressure to the sticks when reacting. Knifing at the air gets me killed every time. I find it baffling that this has yet to be implemented. Personal opinion.

4. Give us a "Random" mode where maps are chosen not by vote but by pure randomness. There are 14 maps to choose from, and I'm getting tired of playing the same damn 5 maps over and over. Popularity leads to staleness. Playing the same small set of maps over and over makes the game feel old and outdated.

5. Lag comp can be adjusted, yes? Why not adjust it so I can actually "enjoy" playing Ghosts. Thanks!

robbierocket wrote:

7. Amplify perk to come with confirmation notification of "enemy close"

Description: As maps are so busy and friendlies/enemies can be heard alike, the perk should give off a subliminal message which encourages the player to be extra vigilant.

I think enemy footsteps sound different than teammates? Also, get a team/clan and have them run Dead Silence.

Don't have any problems with this game besides the spawns, fix the spawns and this game will be perfect. Improve the spawn logic in this game you get shot in the back so much in this game due to the spawns being bad. Also implement the ability to switch between characters in a match otherwise there really is no point to have 10 characters, or add more loadouts per character, 6 just isn't enough

TNT_Molybdenum

Joining Parties

I have a lot of friends that play Ghosts, and I am also in a clan of around 50 people. Recently, there has been difficulties (on PS3) joining on someone's party, or someone getting into your own, with a message similar to "unable to join."

There is no reason given as to why, and this is despite using the in game invites, or the PS3 menu invites. This will occur even after invites from all the other party members.

We then all back out or make a new party leader, and try again; and they will get in, but another friend can't get into the new party.

We spend about 20 minutes just trying to make a party because of this issue. Sometimes, the player who can't get in just quits playing!

And no, the party isn't full. We've often done 12 players in a party for a private match for practice.

This really needs to be fixed.