16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2013 12:27 PM by TinyLittleTimmy RSS

Clan Invite issues

I have tried inviting players to my clan but I receive an error message.

Error Message:

Player does not have a COD Account or must play games in order to invite.

I know for a fact that they have an account on elite. or is that not the account the message is talking about? Also I have played games with them, so I know they have been playing.

What can I do? Help?

• Re: Clan Invite issues
          LifeSong1

It's not the Elite account it cares about but technically it is the same account that is used in Ghosts so they should be fine. I would have them go to the barracks menu and try clicking on the "COD Account" button at the bottom and seeing what that says. He can also go to callofduty.com and sign in and make sure his gamertag is linked to his profile. There's been lots of issues with people joining clans so keep that in mind as well.

Currently the APP is screwed up. It only lets you search for and invite Xbox players so the only way to be sure to get them in your clan is to play a game with them, go over their name in the lobby, select invite to clan. If they can't accept the invite over the net then I had to split screen game with them at my house, go over their name, invite to clan, then have them check for invites and accept on my console. After leaving the game and coming back in they could use our WoLo clan tag.

How can you have them play split screen with their account and yours? Or did I miss something

LifeSong1

He had them come over to his house in which case you can play split screen with both of their XBL accounts. This obviously doesn't work or help 99% of the people out there, but it did work for him.

For PS3 you have to create them an account on your console. He made his own profile User2 for example then signed into his PSN account using his email and password. When you press the button on the 2nd controller to join a split screen match it asks if you want to play with the current account or a different one. Here you pick a different account then select the profile on the XBL, under that profile you will find the gamertag for that PSN account. It will log you both in with the 2 different PSNs on split screen. This way they can earn xp, have their own classes, and everything just like they would if they were playing on their console.

If guess if you know their PSN login and password then you can add them to your console and do this until they get invites working correctly.

LifeSong1

TinyLittleTimmy wrote:

If guess if you know their PSN login and password then you can add them to your console and do this until they get invites working correctly.

Please DO NOT do this. Giving out your PSN login and password are only going to get you into trouble. This is NEVER a good thing to do. Wait till it gets fixed...it's not worth possibly losing your entire account.

LifeSong1

It's possible that the user is stuck in a clan without knowing it. Try this solution and see if it helps:

See #17's 11/14 update: Clan Issues and Fixes

11/14 UPDATE: If the app says someone is in your clan but they really aren't, here's how to fix it:

1 - Have the user Log into the mobile app

2 - Go to the My Clan section

3 - Click on the Leave Clan Icon

4 - Log out of the mobile app

5 - Repeat items 1-4 until you are no longer in a clan (they may find themselves in a few different clans)

6 - Have the person invite you into the clan you want to join.

In my case the user was not in a clan, when I went find/join a clan it gave him the option to create a clan or search for one, but couldn't join.

I can't help but wonder if multiple platform duplicated username conflicts could be a problem. Some xbox players I can invite, see their stats, etc. but other just say error, even my PSN account said 0 k/d 0 win error on the stats screen, I couldn't even invite myself to join, then when I rented the game and played on the xbox (the same gamertag plus email on both platforms) my xbox stats and picture show up in the app with my xbox stats despite having psn selected. Switching between PSN/xbox makes no difference in the app. When I search for myself I see my name twice, one is obviously PSN the other xbox, one takes me to my xbox stats instead off the no stats screen, but the other one takes me no where. This is on Android. When I installed Windows 8 app I can't even log in. It says I need to play a game first.

They never got this right on elite either, my clan for psn still shows ?PwndU but I'm WoLo's leader there, when I switch to xbox it works fine, then sometimes it's reverse, but both platforms never work right at the same time in the app, you have to use the website to flip between PSN/Xbox correctly. Once they get a website up for Ghosts hopefully it invites will work there.