15 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2013 9:46 PM by thegmo RSS

We can play cod on Wii U using Mouse&Keyboard/Ps3/Xbox Controllers.

I just found this video about a device that allows you to use any controller on Wii U games that supports the classic controller. That means you can use any ps360 controllers and even mouse/keyboard.

What do you guys think about this? Now we truly have the most controller options available.. lol.

This looks a bit nice because I've played cod4 on PC and the mouse/keyboard can feel very precise at times, but I'm a little worried that mouse&key will be at an advantage, as PC cod games have no aim assist. Also this device allows you to assign keys to things such as pressing a button to drop shoot or rapid fire the trigger.

Try not to get into hateful arguments, civil discussion please.

thegmo
        • Test #1
          Re: We can play cod on Wii U using Mouse&Keyboard/Ps3/Xbox Controllers.

Your second to last sentence disgusts me in a sickening fashion.

Last Edited: Nov 12, 2013 10:29 PM
          • Test #1

I've actually tested a Maxfire m/k converter last September & posted it on my website ( fairplayzone.net ). I was hoping to get some support on it (even going to Xim3 website & talked about it but they're all into Playstation & Xbox & want nothing to do with Wii U) but I only found one gamer interested on the converter. I ended up not using it as much now but the converter works & it works fine.

Last Edited: Nov 12, 2013 10:44 PM
            • Test #1

Let me get this straight, you're worried about something that might get abused, yet you posted it here for all to see? Anyone else getting flashbacks of MW3 when someone posted the video of the XM25 glitch that everybody saw, then started abusing it? Well done, I don't know what else to say!!

Last Edited: Nov 13, 2013 1:52 AM
                • Test #1

Guys you should welcome keyboard/mouse gamers on Wii U with open arms. They are not a threat &/or more or less handicapped as gamers. I don't see them having an advantage either. They're not gonna takeover DA controller & Wiimote gamers. It just not gonna happen. They're the type of gamers confined to a desk to play. I know how hard it is confined to a desk when playing. I spent more than 10 years confined to a desk when playing & it's hard. I just wanna set in my sofa & play.

Last Edited: Nov 13, 2013 4:59 AM
                  • Test #1

Joker! Where is he? Didn't he go into exile or something?

Last Edited: Nov 13, 2013 1:21 PM
                    • Test #1

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

Let me get this straight, you're worried about something that might get abused, yet you posted it here for all to see? Anyone else getting flashbacks of MW3 when someone posted the video of the XM25 glitch that everybody saw, then started abusing it? Well done, I don't know what else to say!!

Lol, don't blow this out of proportion, it's no crazy aimbot or game breaking function. Just an interesting device that allows you to use other controller options, but unfortunately has potential to be abused, and even if abused it wouldn't be anywhere close to that glitch.

Also I highly doubt people will be buying this so they can drop shoot with one button. Buying this just for those exploits are a simple waste of money in my opinion. If someone were to use this I'm sure it'd be people interested in playing with their ps360 controller or mouse/key. Even then, I doubt there are anyone who will do that, just like Southpawgamer said, he only found 1 other person who had or was even interested in the device.

Last Edited: Nov 13, 2013 4:41 PM
                    • Test #1

You're teaching people to mod the way they play? So, I could just assign the fire button on my keyboard to be full auto? I hope no one sees this, or the game will be ruined with full auto Marksman rifles!

Last Edited: Nov 13, 2013 5:37 PM
                        • Test #1

uscoastgaurd wrote:

You're teaching people to mod the way they play? So, I could just assign the fire button on my keyboard to be full auto? I hope no one sees this, or the game will be ruined with full auto Marksman rifles!

1. I'm not teaching people how to mod anything, I'm sharing information about a device which may be interesting to this community or of concern. It is not my video, I found it.

2. Yes, there are things such as that that may be abused.

3. Refer to my reply to WiimotesRus02.

Last Edited: Nov 13, 2013 5:54 PM
                        • Test #1

Unbelievable hate here on keyboard/mouse. Go to xim3(dot)com & you'll see PC gamers there who's also into Playstation & Xbox using keyboard/mouse & nobody cared. Keyboard/mouse on Wii U has a disadvantage. Fist off, the aim assist is disabled. There's a little bet of delay in mouse movement. Is not as accurate as you think it is. I'm not the best on BO2 on PC but I'm good at it. Tried the game on Wii U with keyboard/mouse & I sucked on the game. It's not as good as you think it is. I be sticking on it if it's such a good alternative like that of keyboard/mouse on PC.

Last Edited: Nov 13, 2013 6:57 PM
                            • Test #1

Southpawgamer wrote:

Unbelievable hate here on keyboard/mouse. Go to xim3(dot)com & you'll see PC gamers there who's also into Playstation & Xbox using keyboard/mouse & nobody cared. Keyboard/mouse on Wii U has a disadvantage. Fist off, the aim assist is disabled. There's a little bet of delay in mouse movement. Is not as accurate as you think it is. I'm not the best on BO2 on PC but I'm good at it. Tried the game on Wii U with keyboard/mouse & I sucked on the game. It's not as good as you think it is. I be sticking on it if it's such a good alternative like that of keyboard/mouse on PC.

Where have I given hate to key&mouse? I was saying this was interesting because I enjoy using key&mouse as well as console controllers.

I think there's been some misunderstanding, I'm all for more controller options. The only thing which concerned me was the ability to assign specific actions(such as drop shooting and rapid fire) to one button. I was a bit concerned with the fact of mouse/key with aim assist, as it doesn't need it(like on PC), but you confirmed that it doesn't make much of a difference as if the device disabled it or something.

Hopefully this cleared things up, sorry if I was misleading.

Last Edited: Nov 13, 2013 9:46 PM