23 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2013 2:32 AM by coats_08 RSS

Hacked!

mht6468

Okay so I'm playing online last night and every game I seem to go in is crazy, can't kill anyone but they can kill me - nothing new right?

I jumped out of a lot of games because things didn't seem right.

I play one last game on Freefall Domination in Ghosts Moshpit, I'm pumping this dude with armor piercing lead from an LSAT and he won't go down, he kills me instantly and I check ouy the killcam. He has all the perks so I'm think hack job. Next thing host migration - this happens about 5 times in quick succession. The original "hacker" who was on something like 26-0 or something left. I continued and all seemed legit until the game ended and a lot of players including myself were on 9999 points and level 60! I was level 24.

I check my stats and their buggered up, some wacko high score etc. I report the original hacker but I cannot say it was that dude for sure.

Activision Support says...

If your stats are boosted by a hacker there is nothing we can do. Activision will not reset your stats. Please note that knowingly entering a hacked server may be grounds for a ban. To avoid this, make sure you do not accept game invites from people you do not know or trust.

So what exactly should I do? Nothing is that it? I'm not happy at all, COD Ghosts isn't exactly my fave game but I'm trying to get better and give it a go but this has pi55ed me off big time.

• Re: Hacked!

Don't worry they will "attempt" to fix the problem then give up and abandon this game don't lose hope.

I Also seen the same hack today. A guy had all perks. Pretty disappointing how soon there is hackers

ManVsConsole

Unfortunately IW Will fix the problem, 10 Mins later and hackers will have it back under there control. Its down to the Firmware of the ps3 There is really nothing much IW Can do about this, they will say we will fix and ban and do this but hackers can un-ban them self's and hack any time they want, Also Treyarc instant banned people for hacking IW Dont & Wont, My advice would be to get a xbox...

shazbo66

OMG,  went onto a game and everything was running fast, I soon realised the scores were stupid.  I wasn't invited to a game by some I joined through a lobby.  Now my score has jumped from level 29 to 59!   I hate it, that's not my real score and I don't want to play any part in the cheats games.  I can't believe his has happened.  By the sound of your reply there is nothing I can do?

How many levels are there to prestige?

This has ruined this game for me now.

mht6468

UPDATE

Just did live chat with Activision Support and I have been told:

a) not to play multiplayer online while hacking is being looked at (can play campaign or extinction online)

b) to wait for support email before resuming multiplayer online

c) stats cannot be "fixed" by Activision but by an appropriate party (IW?)

So there you go, thats the official word from Activision.

Back to BO2 I guess.

shazbo66

I just spoke to Activision and I was told the opposite.

They are aware of the problem but continue to play multiplayer and they will PROBABLY sort out the scores/levels.

None the wiser now!  I'm not playing it until it's PROBABLY sorted.  I was told to avoid hacked lobbies!  I pointed out that you don't know a lobby is hacked until you have joined the game,  der !   

Campaign it is.

mht6468

Thanks for the update! Well, thats helpful haha

No real point playing Ghosts at the moment, until we see how this pans out.

Ok because of hackers my k/d ratio is terrible, cant play games properly. Quick scope snipers are flying all over the map. My question is simple. Can i have my money back pls?

scumbaggah

It's just all the same old bs that they have been spinning since MW2, IW have never given a f*ck about hackers and glitchers in the past and I doubt they are going to start now. "not playing multiplayer" Dat solution.....

Infinity Ward is not the problem. both Infinity Ward and Treyarch have a history of hackers. Both of them are companies used by Activision to create the game. If you contact Playstation Network about it they wont say contact Infinity Ward they say contact Activision. In my history with the Call of Duty franchise every time me or my friends have contact Activision we have had some bogus answers towards hackers and every one of the answers to the same question about hacking have been different. the most bogus was involving World at War made by Treyarch (favorite of the series but ruined by Hackers.) my clan mate was hacked contacted Activision asked the customer support guy what is being done about hacking? and what could he do to help Activision about the hackers? simple common question however the support guys answer was "Activision has let the hackers have World at War and that it was there game to do what they wanted with it." we were stunned!

if you look at the history of Call of Duty there is a simple answer to what they are doing. after a year or two they dont care if it's hacked. this in my mind, how they get people to buy the newest and most recent game. Ghost was a big surprise being hacked this early but like most gaming fans say now. "It's Call of Duty" and it would have happened sooner or later. the only way I'm buying another on of these games is if it is a World War 2 game and they can prove they can protect there users/customers from pathetic Hackers for longer then 2 years.

milo-iq

GHOSTS been hacked already ? been let down and still waiting for a copy and your telling me its already hacked ?

scumbaggah

Yep. Master prestiges already, Guys with every perk in the game on at once, God mode, Leaderboards look like ****... All the usual suspects. Gets worse each day too.

I don't understand how hackers easily hacked this game? Do u think that they use the same hack method which they used previous call of duty games? If they found an system vulnerability why activision is not releasing the update? It looks like hackers will be ruin these games on next-gen also. Did activision or IW made any comment about hackers?

Activision aren't helpful on the subject one bit when it comes to hackers. I wound up in a hacked lobby on Black Ops 2 on the Xbox the day before Ghosts was released. The hack lead to me getting achievements I didn't deserve.

I instantly got on to Microsoft customer support AND Activision customer support. Microsoft support lectured me on joining a hacked game saying it was worthy of a ban completely ignoring my saying it was a random lobby search in the core playlist. They continued to try blaming me until I linked them a video proving I joined randomly at which point they said "oh ok, but no we can't roll your account back".

Activision were even worse. Support was not working so I called a freephone number for them given to me by Microsoft support. They said no we won't talk to you unless you call another number which will cost you money. That or use the online support. I said online wasn't working to which they said yes it is, we haven't been told otherwise (erm, I'm telling you right now it's not...)

When it was up and running again I messaged them the problem (I couldn't use live chat because of the time difference) and haven't heard back since. The lobby members using hacks were not banned despite being reported to both parties with video evidence and nothing was done to remove the achievements I unlocked (but didn't want as I didn't earn them).

Brilliant customer support.

But there must be a way to take our money back. Or we should open a trend topic WW on twitter to make this subject know as public. How about #GhostsHacked ? Or any other suggestion?

mht6468

The more people know about the problems the better

As it stands I cannot play multiplayer until I receive a "support email" stating my account has been "fixed", which I'm doubting will ever happen. If there was a choice of getting my money back I'd gladly accept it right now.

I was really looking forward to Ghosts but feel totally let down.

That said I had a thoroughly enjoyable evening playing BO2!