1. The campaign is strong. Love the campaign!!!!
2. I like the addition of squad mode. Great way to learn the maps!
3. Extinction is more enjoyable than Zombies.
1. Drop Zone is not a game mode. Hunted is a decent variation of Drop Zone but is not even close to being the same gaming experience as Drop Zone on MW3. I hesitated buying this game because I could not find any info regarding Drop Zone being a game mode for Ghosts at launch. I am now sorely disappointed that I purchased this game because Drop Zone is not a mode currently. I hope they can get their @*&# together and add Drop Zone as a mode soon. If Drop Zone is not added as a game mode to Ghosts then this will be my last COD purchase! I know I am not the only one thinking this way.
2. The maps are too large to fully enjoy Cranked or Infected. I cannot believe that COD would incorporate these two game modes without small maps as an option. Cranked has a lot of potential but smaller maps will be necessary to completely enjoy. Unfortunately, Activision will probably not give any free small maps and will force us to by a small map pack just like Battlefield.
(Maybe the developers are taking the XBox approach and are telling us, the consumers, to just deal with it.)
3. Infected sucks! You do the math: 12 people in a lobby with every map the size of North America = BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope they make changes soon or I will lose interest just like I did with Black Ops 2.
1) most weapons are viable and fun to use, 1 shot kill weapons dnt dominate this game because just about every gun kills quick and easy, weapons that can one shot kill only kill a tad quicker than the easy mode weapons anyway. more skill is required to do well with them so the slightly faster time to kill they have is well deserved. u are the true definition of a newbie if u cant understand why snipers, shotguns, marksman rifles and burst weapons kill a tad quicker than easy no skill lightning quick killing, low recoil full autos.
2) character customization/new and improved create a class point system are awesome. its worth mentioning that some things are too cheap and some things are too expensive. overkill, extra attachment and fully loaded should drop a point and awareness should be raised to at least 5 points since its much better than dead eye.
3) dynamic map elements
4) no deathstreaks or overpowered killstreaks that easily turn close games to blowouts, kem strike is cool thing to earn at 25 non streak kills
5) new gamemodes search and rescue, cranked and blitz are really fun to play on smaller maps
6) squads and extinction are decent ways to stay busy outside of multiplayer
7) connections and hit detection get a passing grade for a cod launch, still room for improvement but kudos for the progress
1) most of the huge map sizes and cluttered design dnt fit the fast paced core of cod at all. whoever designed these maps strayed far away from the company mission statement as well as the returning fanbase expectations. it shows in the much slower paced, more campy than ever gameplay and it definitely shows in the feedback the fans are giving. most of these maps are just unfriendly for newcomers and veterans alike. almost every1 hates these maps because they feel like people are nowhere and everywhere at the same time. it feels like ppl are nowhere in the sense that u can run around for about 5 mins without seeing anyone, but it also feels like ppl are everywhere in the sense that the spawns are jacked up and there are almost always 9000 random flank routes and sightlines pointed at u. its harder to watch your back and check the environment before you advance forward than it should be. even the best players are constantly getting caught offguard due to this game having way too many random flanks, sightlines and corners to check at once. its just a matter of time before some scrub gets lucky and shoots u from the 9000th sightline/flank he spawned right next to even though u just checked the other 8999 of them. all the reasons mentioned here is why so many ppl dnt want to move at all. most of us wanted to see more maps like raid and standoff instead of maps like aftermath, downturn and drone. the community likes mostly small to medium sized maps that allow anything from shotgun to sniper to prosper consistently. we dnt like or need maps filled with miles of unnecessary sight lines, clutter, buildings and space. in ghosts we have mostly maps where only long range weapons are viable and NO COD MAP SHOULD LEAVE ANY CLASS OF WEAPON BEHIND (especially the faster paced weapons like the smgs/shotguns). next time, let the map votes speak for what the cod community wants instead of closet BF fanboys. the identity crisis this game is having is really hurting my enjoyment of the game.
2) no scorestreaks? treyarch advanced cod with something that actually gave us incentive to be a good teammate as well as getting kills and u guys decided to go back to the stone age for some reason. i was really looking forward to seeing u guys improve this like u improved the pick 10 system
3) assault and specialist packages need buffs, i dnt like op streaks like vsat, swarm and dogs but i dnt like next to useless and/or over expensive streaks either. IW got support down perfectly tho. satcom should be a uav off the bat to speed the pace up, trinity rockets should handle a little smoother and have more splash damage, riley should do a better job at keeping up with you and warning/attacking nearby oncoming danger (im fine with him being easy to kill but he is so retarded sometimes), attack chopper needs a more aggressive gunner, give juggs better resistance to explosives, tactical equip, e.t.c
4) framerate drops even in offline local matches, these kind of things should be ironed out by launch. i dnt care if i gotta give up some whistles and bells for a smoother gaming experience. losing theater mode hurt but at least the connections have been better so i support it. i think this game uses too much ai for its own good and thats really why we cant have ground war on current gen.
5) spawns are horrible, need i say more?
6) knife lunge is back, auto death animations suck. i liked in bo2 u can actually dodge, weave, drop and shoot your way out of a enemy knife attempt. back are the days that u are automatically dead once your opponent hits the knife button within a certain range. the only time a lunge animation is understandable is when u are running around with a KNIFE ALREADY IN YOUR HAND. otherwise u should not have a knife lunge animation at all.
7) IW made a whole new marksman class gimmick instead of just adding the svu to the snipers and making one or two semi autos for the assault rifle class.
8) i like how IW put the mass of casual players over the few competitive ones but u guys turned a very cold shoulder to them. cod casting, hardpoint, ctf and more reasonably sized maps should be available for at least local, lan and private matches.
Yes they messed this up huge. I've been a 2.00 plus kd. 2.5 win loss cod player since cod4. I've went through the b ops running the same kd. They messed ghosts up as bad as they did world at war. I'm right around 1.7 kd 2.5 wl right now but the way they made ghosts I'm already sick of it. This is the next world at war cod and you have lost at least 20 competitive players for the horrible gameplay. The excitement is gone and way to steal literally steal the fun right outta playing online. Ghosts is horrible for hard core and no games to play. Deal with it gaming with the maps and bs spawn location for newbies. They did do great on graphics and new agendas. But that is not the COD family. Thank you Activision and they arch for the past and maybe something in the future but for ghosts this is the 2nd worst cod game made!
Yes they messed this up huge. I've been a 2.00 plus kd. 2.5 win loss cod player since cod4.
This is the next world at war cod and you have lost at least 20 competitive players for the horrible gameplay.
First you brag how good you are and then how awful it is that the community will/have lost 20 players.. out of 2 or 3 hundred thousand? Stop slapping yourself on the back before you hurt yourself.
I don't like Operations system very much. It's like forcing you to change your gameplay style, you have to admit that you simply CAN'T do all those tasks, forcing to spend SP to change them for a new set.
And for the love of God, Satan and Jackie Chan.....that RESPAWN SYSTEM is just horrible. You all know the details so there's no need to explain that,