6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2013 11:01 AM by AudibleTuna RSS

Anyone else having strange connection issues?

codchamp

I am not talking about lag or seeming to be behind everyone else. We all get those games.

I have been experiencing some strange issues the last couple of nights. The game itself is lagging. What i mean is every Match it seems like it there is nothing but frame rate issues and teleporting problems. I will be running in place or shooting at someone only to transport a good distance away.

The other problem i have been having are player area issues. I can not occupy the same area as a team mate. I am not talking about those issues where a team mate holds you up or blocks you. I am talking about not beeing able to be on the same flag or even with a 5-10 radius as another player. Everytime i got near someone it was like hitting a brick wall and then i would again teleport away from that player.

Anyone else or is it just me?

• Re: Anyone else having strange connection issues?
          AudibleTuna

Very strange indeed. I haven't noticed any of this.

It's a longshot but maybe try deleting all of your Ghosts' data off your hard drive & clear your cache.

I will say, i had an instance of a rubber-banding gun fight yesterday. I'm chalking that one up as him being host & jocking his connection.

zvers

Hmm, I haven't seen this on PS3 but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Just imagining what you have experienced really makes me nervous. Sounds serious.

I have seen this a lot. In squads and multiplayer. Offline I get flawless performance. I also get connection issues that give me error messages about checking server status but they are always up and running when I check online. Sometimes I cant connect to the servers for periods lasting 15 minutes all while still connected to xbox live. I've tried clearing the cache with no luck. I'm sure its connection issues concerning the data transfer speed on the server side. Luckily I've only died a handful of times because of this.

codchamp
                  I have no issues with connecting to a game. What i had was a ongoing problems. We changed party leaders a few times. Tried different lobbies after every game. But the same issues were still coming up. I did not have these problems at the games launch and MP was performing perfectly up until after that last patch. Maybe i should clear my memory and rest everything. I got fios with 150 up and 65 down so connection is never a problem.

I've noticed this too. I played maybe 10 matches with some friends yesterday and it seems the latest patch maybe the reason. I get the people teleporting / frame rate issues. It takes me way longer to find games. Before the patch, the only issue I had with the game was the spawns and the awful maps. I too have Fios 75/35.

Hopefully, this gets sorted out with the next patch.

AudibleTuna

Yea, it definitely sounds like some sort of data corruption. Again, I would highly advise that you at least clear your cache. Personally I would delete the install data (when you first put Ghosts in) and if you downloaded the game itself to your hard drive, to wipe that as well.