20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2013 9:28 PM by NaTuReS_FrEaK RSS

Whats up with the knifing?

RAMBONER

I have never been knifed in more crazy ridiculous ways in my life.  I know the solution is to stay out of knife range but it blows my mind how quickly I can kill people at long and medium range only to pour half of a clip into someone that is in the process of knifing me.  Not to mention the range of it.  Apparently I need to start pushing circle everytime I am in the same room as anyone else. 

• Re: Whats up with the knifing?
          Jaliy

RAMBONER wrote:

I have never been knifed in more crazy ridiculous ways in my life.

obviously you didn't play mw2

scotland-rules

The knifing seems balanced as it depends on the motion in which you're in at the time. For example you can completely miss somebody if you walk up to them, stop and knife them but if you're running or moving at some degree of speed you do have a little bit of a lunge.

Overall this makes knifing much more realistic. It was stupid in black ops 2 because you could be running up to somebody and miss knifing them because they didn't have proper motion mechanics. Knifing until now seems to be very basic.

I thought it was pretty good.  Like Jaliy said, MW2 was crazy.  You could walk in a room, press knife and your character would seek someone out to plunge the knife into.

karl_fr

be the knifer... not the knifee...

i think it actually heightens your response time. which lets face it... is what the game comes down too.

think fast!!!

From what I've read today, to be effective in this game you need to do the following:

Spawn.  Go prone.  Sling the IED behind you.  Walk with your back against the wall.  ADS around the corner, turn quickly and knife just in case. 

s_paw1

I don't see any problems with knifing but its the panic knifing that annoys me.

CallOfDutyFan88

its the infamous auto death knife lunge annimation returning. once your opponent presses the knife button within a certain distance u are done. i think u should always just swipe if u dont already have a knife in your hand. lunging should only be for ppl already holding a knife in their hand i.e combat knife and maniacs

Raketti

CallOfDutyFan88 wrote:

i think u should always just swipe if u dont already have a knife in your hand. lunging should only be for ppl already holding a knife in their hand i.e combat knife and maniacs

This would be better in my opinion, the (panic) knife lunge allows you to survive in situations you should've died in.

I fell victim to a different type of panic knifing, which is quite the opposite a few times just now.  Someone appears in your field of view and instead of letting rip you swipe thin air as if you are waving at them while they riddle your pathetic air knifing body with bullets

NaTuReS_FrEaK

I for one rarely knife lol out of 100,000 kills in BO2 i probably only had 100 kills with the knife but on this game the knife has saved me more times than i care to count

phxs72

I like the knifing just fine but if I were to change it at all, it would be to make it to where you couldn't knife while taking bullet damage.  However, there is probably some scenario somewhere that would make that an unreasonable change.  So I'm fine with it as is even though I too have gotten killed numerous times by guys that I couldn't possibly be more than 1 bullet away from dropping.

RAMBONER

I was more referring to getting knifed through bullets.  Its not like it has happened a ton but it sure seems like the combat knife guys are immortal if they are within ten feet of you.  Not game breaking or even something I would want changed just something that seems different from the past few games thats all.

My first death in ghosts was a 'commando' lunge. Im just like alright, Its probably laggy. And considering every game i see people glitching through walls because of lag ( not just me my friends too ) i start to realise maybe there are big problems with this game.

Raketti

I unlocked the ghillie suit from the chrome barrel challenge the other day, and since there's a classified patch unlock for knifing an enemy using one i honestly feel like people are intentionally going for the knife kill in CQC instead of trying to shoot me ever since since i started using it... Or maybe i'm just imagining things

NaTuReS_FrEaK

Messin with sasquatch?

i hate the knife in this game, it tends to get me through concrete lol, in one of the hallways on freefall, opposite of where the blitz zones are supposed to be, i ran through the wall of concrete and the enemy came out of the long camping hallway and knifed me, and i knew something was fishy cause i clearly saw that everything was clear, so i looked at the killcam what happened was that i was good 8CM in front of the half broken concrete wall, and what the enemy did was knife the concrete wall which somehow hit me, i clearly saw him hit the concrete lol and i even say my character way in front of the concrete still running, now that is panic knifing lunge?

Raketti

NaTuReS_FrEaK wrote:

Messin with sasquatch?

Yep, that one.

NaTuReS_FrEaK wrote:

i hate the knife in this game, it tends to get me through concrete lol, in one of the hallways on freefall, opposite of where the blitz zones are supposed to be, i ran through the wall of concrete and the enemy came out of the long camping hallway and knifed me, and i knew something was fishy cause i clearly saw that everything was clear, so i looked at the killcam what happened was that i was good 8CM in front of the half broken concrete wall, and what the enemy did was knife the concrete wall which somehow hit me, i clearly saw him hit the concrete lol and i even say my character way in front of the concrete still running, now that is panic knifing lunge?

I don't have Free Fall, and i'm having a bit trouble to understand what you mean here... At least in previous games you character model sometimes glitched through a wall and you could shot or knifed because a portion of your character was outside the room or building, but this is probably not what you mean.

There is a bit of a lunge in the game (which i don't like either), but if you are getting knifed in a situation where your character is in a completely different location on your screen and the killcam shows the enemy hitting air with their knife but still killing you, it's probably  just lag. Similar problem occurs when a lagging player can shoot you around corners.