1 2 3 Previous Next 84 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2013 3:11 AM by Adam1234567893 RSS

WOULD REMOVING THE K/D IMPROVE GAMEPLAY?

We all used to wear our K/D like a badge of honor.You could tell in a lobby, a players tactics by comparing his/her K/D and SPM.

High K/D + low SPM=Camper;

Low K/D + high SPM=Run and gunner.

In Ghosts I get the feeling that people are so obsessed with preserving their K/D that they have taken to the dark art of "Crouching soldier, hidden sniper".

Many players I speak with in lobbies are now wearing their LOWER K/D's as a badge, because they proudly state they refuse to camp.

Would removing that element improve the gameplay and tempo in Ghosts?

• 1. Re: WOULD REMOVING THE K/D IMPROVE GAMEPLAY?
          Izjar11

No, the number is simply an indicator of what the person is doing in the game (good / bad). Camping or not, running or walking someone who has a .25 KD is more of a in game liability than anything.

• 2. Re: WOULD REMOVING THE K/D IMPROVE GAMEPLAY?
            Bubbakush

I thought CoD was suppose to be a militaristic FPS game i think if are military ran around like i see people do in ghost we wouldn't have any soldiers left. Now I'm not defending campers nothing is more annoying than walking in a room only to have someone having a love affair with the corner. Peoples view on what a camper is in this game is so bad because of how much of a run and gun don't even use your brain game blops 2 was and now all of a sudden we have a game were tactics come in and people accuse each other of camping. long rant over no it wouldnt change anything to take out the K/D people would just do the math themselves or cry on forums about not being able to boost there ego on a game

• 3. Re: WOULD REMOVING THE K/D IMPROVE GAMEPLAY?
              Axey

I think it would change a good bit of the way people play but there would still be campers.  Some people can't get a kill unless you don't see them.  Essentially they are afraid of you and are trying to create an advantage.  There is a lot more risk in running up on someone than sitting in a corner or sitting across the map hidden where someone could shoot you just as easily. 

• 4. Re: WOULD REMOVING THE K/D IMPROVE GAMEPLAY?
                Axey

Well if we're going for realistic then you get one life with each disk you buy and when you die you'd have to go buy a new disk or call the game done.  If our soldiers could just respawn in real life I think you'd see them doing a lot more aggressive groundwork.  As it is soldiers in real life don't go hide in a corner in a complex and wait for a guy to come by lol. 

• 5. Re: WOULD REMOVING THE K/D IMPROVE GAMEPLAY?
                  Axey

What is all the talk about brainless running in BO2?  The only difference between BO2 and this in that regard is the size of the maps and the long sight lines.  No "tactics" needed.  The only "tactic" now is that people can camp much further away and with better hiding spots.  The "tactics" are still the same for noobs.  Sit and wait. 

• 6. Re: WOULD REMOVING THE K/D IMPROVE GAMEPLAY?
                    Bubbakush

i never said they did what my point was is that some peoples take on camping is anytime your behind cover or in a better position than they are your camping if your not shooting from the center of the street or a area that you are full visible your a camper its a joke and the people who cry about it are the ones running around in the open at all times or trying to rush everything and everyone im just saying just because you move with strategy you can be labeled a camper

• 7. Re: WOULD REMOVING THE K/D IMPROVE GAMEPLAY?
                      Bubbakush

you are obviously one of the people constantly running around dying from the looks of it and yelling everyone's a camper if you think the only tactic is camping haha

• 8. Re: WOULD REMOVING THE K/D IMPROVE GAMEPLAY?
                        Chasedpuppet01

SPM isn't show in this game so now there's no way to tell if the person's a camper or not anymore...

• 9. Re: WOULD REMOVING THE K/D IMPROVE GAMEPLAY?

You sir must be one of those people that sits in corners crouching looking back and forth

1 2 3 Previous Next