7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2013 9:19 PM by vV_M30W_Vv RSS

Dual Render Scope vs Classic Black Border Scope

Sniping in this game is pretty damn good.  You can actually play as a proper sneaky sniper again, and there are some incredibly long lines of sight.  Working from concealment you can take out multiple targets at long ranges while they either spin around in a panic looking for their assailant or make a mad dash for cover. 

However, I'm not a huge fan of the dual render scope.  I was initially intrigued and excited by having some sort of peripheral vision because of the scope, but having used the snipers extensively I feel like the dual render scope is a bit of a glorified ACOG with a crosshairs.  There is much less real-estate inside your scope than there was in previous games and so you see much less of what's going while scoped than you did before. 

What do you guys think? and who prefers the Dual Render scope over the Black Border Scope?

Latest reply: on Dec 5, 2013 9:19 PM by Replies: 7 in GHOSTS XBOX 360
      WKMMS
        • Test #1
          Re: Dual Render Scope vs Classic Black Border Scope

Well I don't have Ghosts yet but from what ive seen the Dual Render scopes look better, mostly because snipers now have some peripheral vision. I suppose for some people it might be a bit harder since theres more distractions though.

Last Edited: Nov 16, 2013 6:05 AM
            • Test #1

The Curse of the Blank Post strikes again!

Last Edited: Nov 16, 2013 6:05 AM
              • Test #1

the peripheral vision doesn't work on the current-gen systems, since it doesn't seem to be a proper second rendering like the next gen systems

Last Edited: Nov 16, 2013 6:07 AM
                  • Test #1

Actually the dual render doesn't work like I thought it would on the new systems either. It is frosted out. In single player you have a very clear view around the scope allowing you to have a nice peripheral view but in multiplayer, for some stupid reason, they changed it so it isn't clear. Instead it has the appearance of frosted glass and you can't really see anything. I was very disappointed by this considering the scope size is so small now. The frosted area is also sometimes really bright and can be distracting unlike the black that was there in BO2. I just honestly don't understand why they didn't leave it like it is in single player. It looks really good that way and the view around the scope is actually useful.

Last Edited: Dec 5, 2013 5:33 PM
                • Test #1

I definitely agree that the scope area feels tiny now.  I haven't used snipers too much yet, but the scope on the Helo Scout is useless- it zooms in so close and narrow that targets are off your screen before you can track them.  The dual render is a  cool idea, but it doesn't really do much- you can't see anything in the edges of the screen, and it is pretty distracing.

Last Edited: Nov 16, 2013 6:04 AM
                  • Test #1

Doesnt bother me at all.There is no peripheral vision on the 360s scopes and to be honest you dont need it anyway.Well I dont

Last Edited: Dec 5, 2013 7:08 PM
                      • Test #1

One of the advantages to using a holo site or a red dot is that you can keep both eyes open allowing for better peripheral vision while still keeping aim on your target. I thought the way they were doing it was to allow for that functionality. That's how it is in Single Player and it works great there. Unfortunately they chose to do it differently in multiplayer which really makes no sense at all since it was something they talked about ceaselessly during the build up to release.

Last Edited: Dec 5, 2013 9:19 PM