19 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2013 12:07 PM by LastShadowCOD RSS

Dedicated Servers?

LastShadowCOD

Are they in the offing?

They would probably fix the severe lag issues, but why would Activision dedicate servers and bandwidth to us when we're such a small fanbase?

If the code was written to run off of servers and then they went to a peer-to-peer system for wiiu - which looks like what's happened - why would we get dedicated servers now? It costs money, takes time to port already written code, and would create a whole new set of problems. Our only hope would be an influx of Christmas Noobs and even then they may not do it.

Anyone really know?

• Re: Dedicated Servers?

Calm down. Dedicated Servers ARE coming to WIi U. ATU mentioned it before.

They can't come any sooner.... The host advantage is so strong it's ridiculous. Might as well kiss your chances of a KEM if the host is on the enemy team.

WiimotesRus02

He also mentioned in bo2 there was another patch coming to us, which never did, so its not reliable information. I'm not saying HE deliberately lied, it probably came from the top, but if you don't say its coming and with the serious lag, people will not buy the game..

Its coming to all current and next gen as activison said. And ATU did confirm wii u will be getting it. Just a matter of time.

LastShadowCOD

Sure - but is WiiU a "next gen" system? Perhaps it's only PS4 and XBox One.

Its coming to next and current gen consoles. Do I need to repeat again? lol whether Wii U is "considered" next gen or not, dedicated servers are going for all next and current gen according to Activision.

WiimotesRus02

Here's why I don't think we're considered next gen console, its something I copied and pasted from our clan facebook page by one of our clan members..

Well picked up my PS4 on release day and all I can say is wow. The graphics are unbelievably real a full 1080p. Unlike the PS3 you can hear your movies like they are supposed to sound I have the 4 plugged into my amp and the sound quality is just wonderful. I have been doing a lot of compairing with my PS3 and there really is none. The 4s new controllee seems to fit better in my hands can't wait to get it scuffed though. Over all though I'm glad I got the ps4 it is a new gaming experience I put ghosts side by side playing single player and the ps4 was like interacting with a movie and the 3s picture and sound was by no comparison as clear nor real as the ps4 version....

So, we certainly got gimped on graphics, because to me it looks like a shiny MW3 graphic, with poor robotic movements. I think I'm going to have to take the time a learn real hard with DA's and buy one of these bad boys and get away from this treyarch team and poor support..

NkoSekirei

wii u is considered next gen but the problem is that these devs arnt pushing the wii u s full potential and got to say their just plain lazy and wii u is capable of running 1080p resolution and Monolith X and a few others will be showing the wii u s full power.

Padiego

The PS4 version of ghosts looks worse than a lot of current gen games IMHO...

Heck, CRYSIS 1, max settings, super duber ultra graphics on PC...way better looking than most so-called next gen games. I've actually been hearing a lot of bad things about the ps4, the only praise being about that basketball game.

LastShadowCOD

And you believed them when they spoke of patching BO2 one last time - or DLC - or supporting it further?

It comes down to money - dollars - chinga - either the WiiU has the fan base or it doesn't. Personally, I don't think we will ever get dedicated servers. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems that we will be worse off the BO2. They'll patch this up for more Christmas sales and that'll be the end of it.

ATU never said him and his team are bringing DLC on BO2. So thats your fault for believing anything.

LastShadowCOD

LOL! I didn't believe anything - I knew we weren't going to get DLC - just like I'm pretty sure we won't get dedicated servers, that why I asked in the first place.

Christmas is key. If they don't have it in place and operational by Christmas, you can almost guarantee we will never get it. It appears they will still issue patches until March or so and then bail on the project like they did all of the others.

LucaPac

A Trey U, one of the Wii U developers over at Treyarch, has told a fan via Twitter that Call of Duty: Ghosts on Wii U will eventually have dedicated servers for multiplayer. A Trey U says that the team doesn’t have an exact date when they will be implemented, but hopefully Wii U users won’t have to wait too long. We also found out today that the company has deployed an update for the Wii U version of Ghosts which fixes a number of issues.

“Are dedicated servers coming to the Wii U version?”

“Yes, but I don’t have a confirmed date yet.”

Thanks, Luca Pac

Wii U Version Of Call Of Duty Ghosts Will Eventually Have Dedicated Servers | My Nintendo News

Thanks to me :3

I would love dedicated severs for this game, but im unsure if we will get them, Being in the uk makes this game hard tp play against usa players without them appearing one stepp ahead