Are you a rusher?

Congratulations.

Do you like to camp?

High five.

Is your thing noobtubes?

Right on.

Is QS your cat's meow?

I hate you... but roll on.

If you think someone not playing the way you want is a n00b, bad kid, cheap, what's wrong with the game?

That's played out.

Ghosts allows you to rush... to camp... to tube... to play however you want. If you think this game favors one playstyle over all others... than you are cuckoo-for-cocoa puffs and only know one way to play.

Period.

I know how to rush. I know how to camp. I know how to tube. Screw QS... that's just not my thing (but roll on). Knowing how to camp allows me to rush. Knowing how to rush allows me to camp. The map and the other team let me adapt to how the game is changing.

Why bring this up?

Because when you demand the game be changed to combat some style you miss that you already can. You ignore the reality of games... point-counter point. Adapt or die.

When you give in to cries to remove a certain way to play?

You get BO2.

Why focus on what someone else does than the options you have in front of you?

• Re: Your playstyle is not THE playstyle
          zArtfulDgr

Right on brother! 

The more I play Ghosts, the more I like it.  It's given me a chance to play more styles than I ever did before.  Honestly, the only things that drive me nuts about it now are the game sync issues and the spawns.  Not the design of the game itself.

I hate putting 5 or 6 bullets into someone, only to die and in the kill cam see myself never having shot.  Actually to have died before the guy appeared on my screen.  And it happening over and over.  That's the issue that makes me want to put the controller down.  Not the game design.

And the spawns of course

CoD had a particular market type cornered.  The newest version changed it's market which in turn could either increase it's market share or decrease it.  It's a risk they took.  The problem is, they took a risk of going more similar to other FPS franchises which is very dangerous, to say the least.

IMHO, most gamers won't adapt.  They like the playstyle of a game and when things change, gamers move on to something else.   Just look at what happened to Socom.  They had a very loyal fan base but then they changed to be too far out of scope and the franchise died.

I'm not saying this franchise will die as time will tell but they certainly did take a risk by changing the playstyle.  It remains to be seen how loyal the fan base will be over time.

If they'd just fix the problem that every gun sounds silenced, I would be a happy camper.  Well, not literally, but I'd be happy nonetheless.

I quite enjoy rushing straight into a soundwhoring camper and getting 2 bullet killed by his MSBS.

Ok i respawn and more cautiously head over to his area and KABLAM!! IED.

Respawn again and again with the tactics/cautious gameplay I get near his camping den and whats that? Oh hes got a dog,

Respawn again,i understand now..its MY FAULT for not ADAPTING to his camping and shouldnt have gone near him.Im sorry for trying to stimulate some gunplay in this stale snooze-fest.Of course its my fault for feeding him.

\

Screw it im camping.

See what this creates? a chain effect of campers to the point where everyone is so scared to move or die or ruin their stats this game has turned into a simulator.

I dont want to play a cod where i  have to get a whiteboard and plan my tactics everytime I spawn.I just want to play but this game is making it so hard to enjoy.I feel like its trolling me to see if i spaz the **** out or if i can  handle it.

Obviously this is all my fault for not adapting.Il just stick to camping now.

Much easier and I can get a good KD doing it.

FishyDizzle wrote:

I quite enjoy rushing straight into a soundwhoring camper and getting 2 bullet killed by his MSBS.

Respawn again and again with the tactics/cautious gameplay I get near his camping den and whats that? Oh hes got a dog,

Respawn again,i understand now..its MY FAULT for not ADAPTING to his camping and shouldnt have gone near him.Im sorry for trying to stimulate some gunplay in this stale snooze-fest.Of course its my fault for feeding him.

\

Screw it im camping.

See what this creates? a chain effect of campers to the point where everyone is so scared to move or die or ruin their stats this game has turned into a simulator.

Who is the idiot? the camper, or the victim that continues go after him feeding him kills? Ever heard the expression "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me?" Guess not. Way too complicated I suppose?

• Re: Re: Your playstyle is not THE playstyle
                    rankismet

FishyDizzle wrote:

\

Screw it im camping.

I dont want to play a cod where i  have to get a whiteboard and plan my tactics everytime I spawn.I just want to play but this game is making it so hard to enjoy.I feel like its trolling me to see if i spaz the **** out or if i can  handle it.

Obviously this is all my fault for not adapting.Il just stick to camping now.

Much easier and I can get a good KD doing it.

Rushing is more like it was in COD4. You better have a clue what you're doing or...

... you will be shot by the camper.

... you will be blown up by the IED.

And, yes, it will be your fault.

If you want the mindless rushing? Play BO2. Nothing is stopping you.

Bielsalmighty

Underbarrel Shotgun, Marathon, Dead Silence and Blast Shield - DS will mask your approach pretty much up until you get to their IED, Blast Shield will allow you to run straight through unhindered, by the time they've turned round to investigate they'll be in shotgun range. Bye bye camper. Works wonders for me. I was using Amplify but have found out the hard way that (for now) Blast Shield is far more useful.

Every CoD has seen wailings of how camping is promoted and uncounterable, yet I've been happily uprooting campers in each and every title. In MW2 you put a noob tube into their tent. In BO1 you used Flak Jacket and/or Hacker Pro to get past their equipment. In MW3 you used Stalker Pro to get you past their equipment or EMP nades to take em out. In BO2 most every spot had multiple entrance points, you could duck under betties, you had Engineer, Black Hats and EMPs, and the MMS which would spot em through walls. In this game you have what I suggested. And should they NOT be running Blast Shield, theres always Danger Close n00b tubes.

Seriously. Its not hard to uproot campers.

nicedrewishfela

Extremely well put, rankismet.

What you have said is concise, to the point, and extremely accurate.

People fail to realize this, even after so many entries into this series. Each game has had pluses and minuses for each play style. That is the simple fact of the matter.

I don't want to offend those who prefer to Camp as their playstyle... but let's face it, it is the easiest to do. That being said, it is not easy to maintain, and though I tend to curse heavily at them in-game my hat goes off to those who are able to do so consistently and still be an effective part of their team. But this game is still in its infancy. Right now, people just don't know the maps well. They are still feeling out the perks and setups. So, of course camping is effective... right now.

But in the short time I have spent with the game and through exploring the maps... I found that there are infinite possibilities for all types of players. The camping style is obvious. Multiple levels. Dark Corners. Walls to peek around and over. IEDs.

At the same time however, the maps also offer a wealth of cover, flanking routes, and multiple access points to buildings. Unlike BO2 and other previous titles, you no longer simply have Left, Right, or Center. As people get to know these maps and all of their intricacies, they will begin to realize that a Rusher can be extremely effective if they avoid long sight lines and stick to flanking routes, as well as create a class that enables them to be stealthy and aware. Camping spots will become more and more obvious, and players will be prepared ahead of time to face those challenges. Basically, the game will balance out like it typically does, with truly tactical players (those who realize that effective players mix both "camping" and "rushing" to move about the board effectively) consistently dominating play and making an impact on their team.

As Rank said, the game isn't "broken" because it isn't easy to play your style any more. Your style isn't the only way to play. And if you are truly committed to your style of play, you will adjust and learn to do it effectively with the tools this game provides you.

JBurn244

rankismet wrote:

Why focus on what someone else does than the options you have in front of you?

Good post, not disagreeing, but when playing a MP game it's impossible to 'stop worrying about how other people play and have fun'.

Sure, there's nothing that says people can't cower in corners with Amplify and reduce the game to a boring, snails pace.

But there's also nothing that says when people are in a pick up basketball game, several members of one team can't take half court shots every time they get the ball. But it's still a douchey thing to do, and ruins the game for others participating.

LargeLentils

I agree OP. Ghosts is great.