20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2013 3:54 PM by RAGEmajichands RSS

connection theory

RAGEmajichands

ive been reading a lot about this game on this forum saying as its totally unplayable for me. i use wii mote but dont care about AA as i cant kill anyone 5 foot infront of me with or without it but when i mentioned this to an ally, she said its the best ever cod for her. shes at the top most games nd has no problems at all. stunned at this i asked her connection speed, she said 2.6 down and 0.5 up. i wa gobsmacked as mine is 10.2 down & 2.5 up and was thinking my connection was poor. then read some guys on here and some allies with over 30 down and 5 up and its unplayable for them . when i first started on wii cod it ran great for me and best ever was mw3, i had a 2.7 kdr running low killstreaks and guess what ... i had a 2.2 down .7 up connection. then i moved as bo2 was released to my current connection and that was unplayable for 6 months before becoming hit and miss every game. and now this game is unplayable but twice as bad as bo2 ever was so could this be an issue??? my game lagging to let poor connection catch up, or poor connection dragging mine down??? just a theory.

if anyone gets the chance would be good if you could test your speed on the wiiu pad browser, on testmy.net , using your nearest server (amsterdam for me (( im uk which could be another problem)). post results and state if the gme plays great, ok or poor for you.

i realise the small community doesnt help and theres no choice for best normal or any, but the game clearly runs fantastic for some (50+ kills when i cant get 10 lol) . so this may help the devs pinpoint some problems and please refrain from just saying im crap, even if i am it wont solve anything as he games in the box and ive gone back to bo2 where i can finish top 5 most games. thank you.

ps the forum on mobile browser is shocking, cant post like or even log in

• Re: connection theory

My internet plan is a 50 MBps speed, and is consistently above 10 down on my phone and computer. haven't tested it on the U yet

I just upgraded my router from the basic, provided one to a better, store bought one. Before I upgraded, the game was unplayable, but since the upgrade the game runs fantastic for me, even when everybody else in the house is on the internet at the same time. All my connection problems went away with the purchase of the new router

RAGEmajichands

could maybe be router but its only bad on cod games (since wiiu as mw3 still runs great and even beat the hackers....well most them). im not in a position to change that as i dont have access. i live in a house share but theres just usually me online.

RAGEmajichands

maybe the inability to search for best means the yanks, spanish aussies and us brits get stuck in one lobby. then its ping is king....my ping to usa is between 150-400 on my laptop

BobbyMcGee

Its all ping then upload. I live in ny and have lag issues. Cant imagine what anyonr overseas goes through

BobbyMcGee

Btw, I pay for 20 down. Average 10-15 down, 2 up on speedtest or test my speed lite or whatever. My bandwith in game is usually 1100+, yeaterday it was 3000 something. Wired, open nat. Every now and then ill check and its 52??? Close software, come back and its normal again...

RAGEmajichands

forgot to ask about bndwidth, im wired too mins steady around 4063, was always around 2993 in bo2 which played better. was thinking numbers online at first but the other night thrre was 996 (bo2) and it played reasonably good with around 2kdr . i cant kill anyone on ghosts and current kdr .7 even though ve tried slowing right down and even camped like a the worm to no effect lol

Padiego
                      I have 1mbps upload, and I play just fine. Nintendont here has fiber optic google ++++MLG 360 noscope internet speed and he does just fine as well. Honestly the results are too random to come up with an exact cause...there's people with great connections doing great or bad, and people with bad connections doing great or bad...it's random.
                          like2nap03

Padiego wrote:

I have 1mbps upload, and I play just fine. Nintendont here has fiber optic google ++++MLG 360 noscope internet speed and he does just fine as well. Honestly the results are too random to come up with an exact cause...there's people with great connections doing great or bad, and people with bad connections doing great or bad...it's random.

Yep.  Unpredictable.  Lag is unpredictable.  I'm guessing based on how rare lag was for me in Black Ops 2 that it was just a bad host.  Post January hotfix that is. (or was it december? or later?  IDK)  Before that the game was just a laggy mess about half the time.  After that it was fine.  This game was laggy in about half my matches at first.  I have a new everything now as far as connection goes.  Only played one night with it.  Ran great.  Too early to tell.  Must play more.

WiimotesRus02

It is about time every one came round to the fact it is nothing to do with your internet, though why it seems to favour the same people and not others is a complete mystery, unless they're lag switching, but I highly doubt that. It has something to do with the WiiU though, because in bo2, the difference between playing on the U and playing on the xbox is more than noticable. My son even teamed up with Americans like I do and the game was very playable, he gave up on the U because he said it was just unplayable. When I bought this game, he was happy, but now he says its getting worse, and even though he turned down the offer of me getting him ghosts for the xbox, he's now changed his mind, which is a huge shame, for him anyway, unless there's a 2nd hand copy available, because I'm not buying him a new one, ever. Two consoles, same internet, BIG difference. Go figure. And if anyone does figure it out, apply for a job at treyarch, they need all the help they can get..

RAGEmajichands

if its not the connection its the game, like i said i went on bo2 and only 996 online and even that disgusting yank kt uint was on ( im uk ). while the game didnt run perfect, it was perfectly playable. i give up, ill just pop on every weekend when theres more on, see how it goes and if it still sucks. go back on gta v .

WiimotesRus02

I'm UK too, and I've been in a clan with mostly Americans for over 3years and never had the problems I do now until the WiiU. I had bad connections but could do as well as them on two bars, its these games and the WiiU. Couple this bad lag with a wiimote that doesn't work like it did on the old wii, and I struggle to get over a 1kdr. Treyarch either refuse to listen or are in denial that they just can't get it right. I seriously wish there was a law to force them off the job and get someone who can do it for consumer justice sake.  It ticks me off so much because the people I've played so long with would rather have a whole team of U.S players rather than mix it up like we used to. We used to have a really good time before, being from two countries and we know each other like families. It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth when this is happening for the 2nd year in a row. Treyarch have learned nothing and changed nothing..

RAGEmajichands

ive just spend half hour trying to get my mote settings right, ads vertical goes up fast but slow down. i had to slow everything right down or i get motion sicknes and it always feels like its pulling me right and i have to fight it. wonder what % of moters having worse problems than da? before anyone starts not saying coz of da aa or any of that crap but maybe something in the game conflicts with something to do with the mote.

WiimotesRus02

RAGEmajichands wrote:

ive just spend half hour trying to get my mote settings right, ads vertical goes up fast but slow down. i had to slow everything right down or i get motion sicknes and it always feels like its pulling me right and i have to fight it. wonder what % of moters having worse problems than da? before anyone starts not saying coz of da aa or any of that crap but maybe something in the game conflicts with something to do with the mote.

I wanted to use the VMR sight to bring things up close, never used to use sights, but with the big maps and grainy graphics, I was given a tip to use that sight. However, ADS with that thing and the sway makes me feel sea sick, so I resorted to the plain red dot sight. Things slightly improved with that, so I'm sticking with it for a while..

I'm part of the N-E clan, I used to have a 4+ K/D on MWR, BO and MW3 on the Wii. The netcode has obviously been drastically changed on the Wii U because I'm just getting mowed down. One hit and I'm gone. It's like I'm constantly a second behind the action. All of my clan are experiencing exactly the same thing. We used to put days and days into COD on the Wii and even took days off work when the games were released. Now it's just utter frustration and we barely play compared to the old days.

RAGEmajichands

just been playing and my bullets are bubbles as usual but was trying to tweak my settings so perserviered. was prolly averaging .6 kdr so decided to try the pad (never used it before but can use ps3 controller poorly) , went 4-1 (first ever positive start) then wiiu froze ( first time ever) . could not connect online after i unplugged it so deleted all connections ( wifi) and started again. still couodnt connect so tried a few times to no avail, had to pull the plug again before it would work. think ill try harder to learn da and go back to ps3. might even drop cod altogether as its ahalf arsed game nowadays. should only come out every two years so they can do a proper job

WiimotesRus02

I know dozens of people that would happily pay double if the game was every 18months/ two years and flawless.

like2nap03

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

I know dozens of people that would happily pay double if the game was every 18months/ two years and flawless.

Hmmm... I don't know if I would pay double, but maybe a little more.  I would be perfectly fine though if these games didn't come out every single year and they took an extra 6 months of dev time or longer if it meant a game with less issues.  Then again I don't know how much that would help unless they hired some members of the nitpicky fanbase to test EVERYTHING.  The bugs that some people find is crazy.  I just don't know how they come across them. 

Maybe they should release a beta for testing purposes.  Let us pick it apart and then report back on here with all the bugs.  Regardless it isn't likely that it will be perfect.  Nintendo games are either perfect or very close to it, but they also spend 4-5 years in development.    Considering the Wii U team releases a game every year I find it quite remarkable that they find as many bugs as they do, and this game was released with only minor issues.  Unless you count lag, but there's only so much they can do about that and it doesn't effect everyone.  Seems to be more luck of the draw on that one.

nintendon't

Maybe you and your clan couldn't handle the jump to 60 FPS?

Lower stats ≠ worse connection

The Wii U's wired/wireless connection suck. I tested it with all sorts of configuration on my 50 Mbps download/5 Mbps upload internet connection. Even if you have a Google Fiber connection (1 Mbps download/upload) the USB 2.0 (480 Mbps throughput) is bottlenecked by the fast ethernet port (10/100 Mbps) if you're going to used a USB 2.0 to fast ethernet LAN adaptor. The maximum throughput on the Wii U is only a mere 100 Mbps cuz it doesn't used a gigabit ethernet on it's LAN adaptor but fast ethernet unlike PS4 & Xbox One. Even if it has Gigabit ethernet you'll still bottlenecked by the USB 2.0  480 Mbps throughput (nice job Nintendo).

I tried bypassing the fast ethernet connection on the Wii U by using a standard USB 3.0 to gigabit ethernet LAN adaptor but it won't work at all. Even using a standard USB 2.0 to fast ethernet LAN adaptor doesn't work on the Wii U. It has to be a LAN adaptor made by Nintendo or a 3rd party LAN adaptor with seal of approval for use on the Wii U. The Wii U wired connection is proprietary in nature.

On the wireless side, using a Netgear wireless bridge connected to a Nintendo LAN adaptor ( tested on both 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz bands) the connection is worst than the built-in wireless connection on the Wii U (about half the speed). Hard wired the connection to a router & there's about 2 Mbps increase in the download speed (within the margin of error). The only benefit of a wired connection is the stable signal. I've tested it on Wii U's web browser with (3) HTML5 speed test websites pinging at closest speed test server & the speed is cut about 75%. Whether or not HTML5 speed testing is a reliable way of testing the Wii U connection, my testing shows that the Wii U internet connection just sucks.

RAGEmajichands

i cant believe they never put a lan connection on, this day and age its outragiousand one of the reasons wy no one takes the wiiu serious. i think nintendo will die off within 10 years. but after mt wii freeze earlier i got back on using auto ip and auto dns ( usualy have static ip and use google dns) and the game worked quite well and i was going positive or even often (mainly cranked but also tdm and dom). later on  it became unplayable again when more yanks started joining. could they not make it either euro search, americas search and those two aussies against each other sorry for the troll;),,, your pain must be more than all ours put together lol