1 2 3 Previous Next 111 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2013 11:10 PM by nuttin2say RSS

Camping: Is there a reason?

So, there are a lot of posts complaining about camping in Ghosts and I agree, there seems to be more than in any previous title. But why is this the case?

Is it due to players being new to the series and are just familiarising themselves with how it plays?

Is it due to players caring more about K/D than anything else?

Is it because thanks to Black Ops2/MW3 spawn trapping, that players feel the need to hide in corners?

Is it due to younger more impressionable players seeing all the videos on YouTube showing Nukes, KEMs 100+ kills etc and want to try to emulate these guys?

Is it due to the "stealth" perks that have been brought back by IW?

I'm not trying to say there must be a reason, as I realise that everyone who bought this game is in fact entitled to play it how they see fit or how it suits them best, but I would like other peoples thoughts on this and what they would like to see that would help take the CoD series to the next level.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Camping: Is there a reason?
          DalekonDrugs

I dunno but I can tell you I camp a lot not because I am the worst player but because it is FUN, I usually hold down a building there is no real reason people just enjoy it mate.

• 2. Re: Camping: Is there a reason?

because its a war game and that's what you do in war...not run around like chicken with your head cut off and quick scope people. Why don't you start a thread on how quick scoping is the most retarded thing ever it has no place in the game since its something that is not real or plausible.

• 3. Re: Camping: Is there a reason?

camping is a perfectly reasonable strategy, but right now its the ONLY strategy that makes sense, thats my only issue with it.

• 4. Re: Camping: Is there a reason?
                nicedrewishfela

It is a mixture of all the things you mention, really.

A big part of it is the learning curve, which is larger on this game than it has been on previous CODs. Camping is prevalent now, and more noticeable, because it is fairly easy to do. As players get more comfortable with the game, learn the maps, and figure out their best set ups camping will be less of an issue.

Believe it or not, when BO2 came out there were camping complain threads as well, as people struggled to adapt to that game as well. As we know, it turned out to be a game that tended to favor rushers more.

I think as time goes by, camping will be less of an issue. Players will figure out the maps, patches will be made to issues with the game, and you will see it balance out somewhat. Camping will always be present in FPS games, its just how it is. Players have the right to do it, and for whatever reason I know some folks enjoy it.

Me? I enjoy finding ways to dig them out of their hiding spots.

• 5. Re: Camping: Is there a reason?

DragonSlayer743 wrote:

because its a war game and that's what you do in war...not run around like chicken with your head cut off and quick scope people. Why don't you start a thread on how quick scoping is the most retarded thing ever it has no place in the game since its something that is not real or plausible.

Oh have you been to a real war dude??? Not that it matters because, this is a game, not a real war, here we have infinite lives so can therefor be as reckless as we want, I'm sure if it was my real life at stake, I would be as careful as I was when I was in a real war. Quickscopers don't bother me, so I never posted about that and to be honest in a game although some people find it horrible, I actually realise that it must take some kind of skill to do it, otherwise we all would. Thanks for your input though.

• 6. Re: Camping: Is there a reason?

Yeah, I maybe should have mentioned that some players actually find it fun. Thanks

• 7. Re: Camping: Is there a reason?

I agree, it is a strategy, I'm not questioning why players do it, just why there seems to be a sudden influx doing it. Thanks

• 8. Re: Camping: Is there a reason?

Yeah, I used to have great fun in MW3 sneaking up, knifing the doing a bit of tbagging. it made the game worthwhile lol

• 9. Re: Camping: Is there a reason?

hmmm camping, or tactical play? it seems to me that as a war game, the idea is to have some sort of element of realism? otherwise we would just be playing mario brothers. in games such as domination, defence is as important as capture especially as points increase the more bases you control. this means that not everyone should rush off to capture the next base, some need to remain to try to protect the base that is in your posession. to do this effectivly, one needs to take a strategic position, normally hidden, to give yourself the best chance of beating off attackers. is this camping, probably it is from the perspective of the players that just run around like headless chickens without much thought to game play.

also, why have sniping loadouts if the intention is not for people to act like snipers? a real sniper does not rush around the plot. a real sniper chooses his location with care, making sure he cannot be seen. he then chooses his shot and takes it, then either risking staying in the same location if he doesnt think he has been spotted, or moves to another hidden location for the next well placed shot. i suggest this is only camping from the perspective of those that have been shot by rushing in without care, sour grapes, most likely.

equally, tactical play coming into effect here, those players on the rush need to find ways of attacking and rooting out defenders without being killed, it makes it a much better game and shows the use of intelligence alongside gameplay..

i dont 'camp' but i will defend when it is appropriate, if i shoot you and kill you it means you did not look for the danger (grin).

1 2 3 Previous Next