1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 225 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2014 6:47 PM by SmokEiT Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
        iAmEFFeX

This is a great thread.

When I first put Ghosts in, I immediately reverted back to my BO2 habits. This is funny too, because I KNEW that Ghosts was going to be a different experience. I then realized that we are dealing with a different game. One thing that stands out is that Infinity Ward said at one point that they "slowed" down the game a little bit. I assumed that this just meant slowed down in the general sense, but it's really the game play. That is fine though. BO2 had people running around with no strategy on tiny maps. Ghosts makes you use your head and adapt to your surroundings. I'm really loving what Infinity Ward did this time around and applaud their effort.

• 31. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
          ghamorra

Black Ops II was a bad FPS in my opinion simply because it was telling millions of people that they either play like ______ or go somewhere else. It set records in day 1 sales but come mid Spring the excitement of Black Ops II wore thin and the numbers fell to the mid 200k. A far cry from the tens of millions of copies sold.

Ghosts will by the type of game with a tweaks I think it will remain consistent.

• 32. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
            Hellspawn_STP

every year its the same, people buy the game play it until other people start to rank up and unlock perks to counter good players, than they get frustrated and start to complain that the game sucks blah blah blah, the key is new game new everything, you have to think of it like that, you need to spend the time playing with all weapons all perks all attachment to find what will work for you, for me every map I play on has a different setup for that certain map, right it works for me but then someone will find something to counter me and then I am going to have to keep changing until I can find that one or two go to setup every game has 1 or 2 the class you always go back to when things aren't going your way. I on the other hand think BO2 was a well balanced game, I still think COD 4 was the best with MW3 in second.

• 33. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
              ghamorra

Hellspawn_STP wrote:

every year its the same, people buy the game play it until other people start to rank up and unlock perks to counter good players, than they get frustrated and start to complain that the game sucks blah blah blah, the key is new game new everything, you have to think of it like that, you need to spend the time playing with all weapons all perks all attachment to find what will work for you, for me every map I play on has a different setup for that certain map, right it works for me but then someone will find something to counter me and then I am going to have to keep changing until I can find that one or two go to setup every game has 1 or 2 the class you always go back to when things aren't going your way. I on the other hand think BO2 was a well balanced game, I still think COD 4 was the best with MW3 in second.

This is exactly what I'm saying.

People are not understanding that you need to rethink your strategy when you're failing to produce. This isn't happening. Players are coming out of Black Ops II with this idea that they can stick to _________ style and it will work. Every playstyle can be executed successfully but you have to actually put a great deal of consideration into how you want to rush or how you want to camp. You have to plan routes carefully, establish a plan B and C for when things don't work out, and carefully consider you perk setup beyond Marathon and Stalker or Off the Grid and Incognito.

Players aren't doing this. They take their failures for face value; "I'm not doing well it's the games fault". No, it's not. You're just not putting much thought into what your faults are. You're not looking at your flaws and thinking how is my playstyle failing me and my team and how can I change the little things to optimize my game? These questions are being asked, their faults are not being realized and consequently they are putting failures on everyone else but themselves and this is where I justify my opinion that these players are, simply put, stupid.

• 34. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
                newm8n

i agree about the clever movement comment but for me i like a layed back pace i am getting older (not super old but somedays i feel it) and my reflex time isnt what it used to be.like today working out side(building houses) its minus 23 when i got home and after dealing with kids the last thing i want to do is have a stupidly fast pace game "cough bo2 cough" i like the slower pace

• 35. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
                  avengedyesterday

This is always the case.

No one gun, perk, class set up, strat is the best on everything. Different game modes require different methods. It's easy to see the people who just get frustrated and cant handle it. Biggest sign of giving up, pitching a tent in the corner.

It's funny to me. People complain of games are too similar, and people complain if it's different. I've enjoyed each new title. They have all required different ways of playing. To me, blackops was my home. I could do well regardless of map or game mode with my eyes closed.

These newer titles have become more team oriented. Playing with a party is almost a must IMO. Playing solo in ghost seems like a gamble, however just playing with 1 additional person seems to work wonders let alone a party.

My only complaints to this game are some of the useless perks, and very lackluster killstreaks. A few of the maps are just downright terrible.

All in all it doesn't matter. If people aren't getting kem/moab/nukes every game, then it must be the game that's broken.

• 36. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
                    rlbl

I think you need both players of type A and B on the team.

If they are all player A, yes the enemy gets more streaks, but the game is over

If they are all player B,... well it is a long low scoring game.

I believe by now everyone knows that a mix of players is what is need to win.  I do not think an army of 100% archers ever won a war.

• 37. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
                      Bielsalmighty

When I want a slower pace, I pop in GTA, or a TES/Fallout game.

• 38. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
                        rlbl

I agree with you on this... although I am finding ghosts a welcome change from MW3/BO2.

• 39. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
                          rlbl

You make an interesting point with personal space. I am never sure why someone insists that they have to be shooting the same target I am shooting at, from the same position I am in.

The number of times I have died because I knew I was gonna lose the gun fight if I did not  move, and was unable to because someone was standing right behind me, is already too many times to count (and this usually results in a double kill for the enemy).

* had a managed to kill the enemy, it was still useless for my teammate to be standing behind me.

On that note: People who run in front of my line of site (core or HC) when the knew I was there is just dumb.  I am not a great sniper, so I "hardscope" more than I try to "quickscope". So when I am sitting there lining up a shot, it is very annoying when someone decides to stand in full view in front of me so we can both be killed.

/smh

Thanks G

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next